incomplete Apologies

incomplete Apologies

A Story by Frozen Eyes
"

Open Letter

"
                    

Are you taking a walk on the beach? If you find my footprints on the sea shore, please find time to follow them. You might find the last ones faded or washed off by the waves. Look into the setting sun perhaps you could trace the silhouette of my corpse still floating on the waves carrying me away from you. I apologize for not being able to say appropriate goodbye.
I apologize for not being able to snatch time from your schedule and fit us in. The clouds hovering over your head have come to bid me farewell they are unaware you stand there. You should be hurrying back to shelter so that your expensive linen doesn't get drenched, this was my favorite shirt, I never found the chance to tell you.
Do I see tears welling up in your eyes or has the salt water blurred my vision? I apologize for not keeping my promise to stand by you forever, though that promise didn't stand valid since you sped up and I ran out of breath to catch up with you. Yet I apologize for not being able to keep speed. I apologize i may not have said the right words at the right time, if only I could change that now.I apologize that my forever came with an expiry date and I had to wash off my existence from your life while there is still a chance for you to start over...
Are you still standing ashore...? Let me remind you it might start raining anytime so I suggest,let me float away somewhere I’ll find peace perhaps and you should hurry,return to your empire of plenitude and freedom!

© 2016 Frozen Eyes


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on May 19, 2016
Last Updated on May 19, 2016
Tags: apology, forever, footprints

Author

Frozen Eyes
Frozen Eyes

Cooch Behar, West Bengal, India



About
Here to express supressed feelings, dreams that never came true, failed rebellions and some sweet memories. more..

Writing
Rock Solid Rock Solid

A Story by Frozen Eyes