Look at My Freedom

Look at My Freedom

A Poem by FugitiveBalloons
"

Another Poem written in class, If you want more details read my note :)

"
I always look outward to the
freedom beyond the door.
Trees and flowers Bloom there.
The sun is always shinnying bright.
The always tell me 'The grass, It only seems greener on the other side'
OH! But how the grass does look greener and softer!
Like a
Bed were only the sweetest dreams do come.
I can leave when I want.
I may come and go as I please.
But,
I always stay looking outward at
the freedom beyond the door.

© 2011 FugitiveBalloons


Author's Note

FugitiveBalloons
Short Description- While I was in my Women Writers class I was staring out of the window on the closed door. Beyond the closed door was an open one. My eyes caught on the tree just to right of the open door, flowers were blooming on the visible branch. I started to wonder why I even go to class just to look out a closed door onto an open one. It seems silly to me now that I stayed in the hour long class just not even pay attention and write poems about being trapped there. Truth is no one what holding me there. I willing looked at my freedom..and well here is a poem about it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nikki,

In all due respect... open that door and walk into peace!

Writing comes from within; the depths of our souls, your insides pouring out onto a paper or computer screen.

This is writing, the capture of amazing imagery and feelings.

I enjoyed this poem.

You should consider this poem an entry into the Enlightenment contest (Poetic Infusion Society).

Have a wonderful evening,

Legacy

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.

nice! i liked this =]

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.

So relatable this poem to many! We know what we should be doing and needing to do, but boy oh boy it is so hard to do.

Excellent poem:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like it. I think so many people can relate to this poem because, like myself, I feel that sometimes I really am my worst critic, the person holding myself back. Why do I continue to stay in my "prison"? I don't know, but I do. I know that I can simply get up and get out, but I don't.

Thanks for the read!

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i enjoyed that very much ... really nice work :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

An inspirational poem. Detailed descriptive too. Beyond the door, that's where freedom is waiting for you. "A step forward can change your future", this word is quite philosophy and I agree with this. Step out of the door, hope and freedom is waiting for you. A step worried and wait, can never bring yourself beyond the door where freedom is. An excellent write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

thats a insightful poem.. enjoyed it much.

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

290 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 28, 2011
Last Updated on May 28, 2011


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..