In Love With You

In Love With You

A Poem by Gabrielle Linch

I don't want her falling in love with your eyes, how they hold a depth far deeper than any ocean.

I don't want her falling in love with your nose, how you wiggle it when you're concentrating.

I don't want her falling in love with your lips, how you bite them playfully.

I don't want her falling in love with your smile, how it goes from ear to ear.

I don't want her falling in love with your laugh, how you bury your face between your arms and the mattress trying to hide it.

And please, anything but her falling in love with your voice, how it fights the sadness away and is the cure to a restless mind.

I don't want her falling in love with the way you say I love you, how you say it so easily.

I don't want her falling in love with your mind, how you process every thought.

I don't want her falling in love with your emotions, how you feel everything so immensely.

I don't want her falling in love with your heart, how you love until it hurts.

I don't want her falling in love with your soul, how it's kind towards the broken.

I don't want her falling in love with you, how I fell in love with you.

But most of all, I don't want you falling in love with her.

© 2016 Gabrielle Linch


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on July 8, 2016
Last Updated on July 8, 2016

Author

Gabrielle Linch
Gabrielle Linch

About
I am an 18 year old whom enjoys the concept, "The pen is mightier than the sword." more..

Writing