This is Not a Fairytale

This is Not a Fairytale

A Stage Play by GalaxyGhost

SETTING

Inside a living room within a tower about seventy and more feet tall without any door, but a single window above. The living room is dimly lit with a couch that has a blanket, pillows, and food scattered around it. Across from it is a widescreen TV, an Xbox console, and video game controllers connected to it.

CHARACTERS

PRINCESS LORENA - A beautiful, stubborn teenager who is independent

PRINCE DARREN - A handsome young lad who is determined at anything

 

(LORENA is sitting at the couch, video game control in hand, playing a game. Suddenly hears rustling noises outside her window.)

LORENA (Shouts)

Good golly! I’m trying to play a game here!

(Rustling noises continue)

Ugh, stop it! Stop it right now, dragon! (dramatically) I shan’t be bothered right now!

DARREN (Distantly shouts)

Princess Lorena! Let down your hair! Or at least a ladder! It is I, Prince Darren, to rescue you! The dragon is slain and now I need my reward for my efforts!



LORENA

Eh, whatever. I’m playing right now. Go away! I’m playing a very important game right now...Yah! Get ‘em! Get ‘em! What!? No! This is unacceptable! (furiously presses buttons on controls)

(DARREN can be heard climbing the tower, screaming occasionally from pain.)

LORENA

(Puts down video game controller, goes to window)

What in the heck? Are you seriously gonna climb up here? That’s the dumbest thing ever! You can forget it because I’m stayin’ in my tower and I’m not leaving. Do you wanna know why? I have free Wifi, video games, Netflix, a fridge full of food that magically supplies itself, a bathroom when I need it, and I have my own room. Did I mention I have the newest phone and Ipad? I don’t need company! I’m technically independent and I don’t need a pal, okay? So just stop climbing right there and go home, whatever your name is...

DARREN

Darren! The name’s Darren. And oh yeah? I’m going up there to rescue you--watch me!

(DARREN finally makes it to the window, enters in.)

Ah, nice place by the way, Lorena.

LORENA

So...how’d you know my name anyway?

DARREN

You’re just as famous in the real world as in the gaming community.

 

LORENA

Oh. Okay...this is awkward. I’m not leaving anyway...You’re not making me!

(LORENA runs behind the couch as DARREN chases her around it.)

DARREN

Come with me! Please! (Slowly losing his breath from exhaustion) I have money, I have a castle, foods of all sorts, fancy clothes you only get to wear once because there’s so much, and a petting zoo!

LORENA

I’m still not going, dude, but just hear me out! (Sits on couch cautiously, DARREN joins her.) Okay, so does you palace have all the stuff I have right here? Like a TV, Wifi, and video games?

DARREN

(Scoffs) No.

LORENA

Exactly. Your place kinda sucks unless you upgrade it, okay?

DARREN

But I slew the dragon! I came here for you! I need a queen to help me inherit my kingdom!

LORENA

You’re so losing this argument right now! (Laughs) Okay, can we just collaborate then? I’ll stay here and help you rule and you can stay way, way over there in your kingdom and rule.

DARREN

Can I still come and hang out with you?

LORENA

Sure. That’s why I have two video game controllers, duh! I always wanted to play multiplayer! Do you play any video games?

DARREN

Not in a long time since my parents are old and I care for them. Just tell me all about the new games here! They look pretty, pretty cool!

LORENA (Sarcastically).

Ha, that joke sinks the boat. Okay, so I was in the middle of playing Dota 2 here, but before that it was Minecraft. Anyway...Um, here’s some games I have.

(picks up a pile of games, lays it on couch).

This one is called ‘Unfinished’, which is about a brother looking for his sister, but he’s actually dead. Oh, and then there is ‘Unending Night Terrors’ and it’s awesome because you can play it on the Oculus. That game is about some dude who has hallucinations while figuring out what happened to his wife or sister or something--I never figured out which one because there’s like five endings to it. This other one is called ‘Anne Doe’. It’s my favorite game cuz it’s about a patient at this hospital who’s trying to escape and stuff, but she has to take these pills that glitches the game. It may be haunted.

DARREN

Is there anything else here not about death or crazy people?! Dang! I’m starting to question your sanity here and my sanity for trying to rescue you!

 

LORENA

I don’t have anything else, but I’m getting ‘The Twisted Woman,’ but it’s a horror game about a witch that haunts a school and the player has to recover their memories by going in there. I saw a gameplay on Youtube and it looked cool! Oh, and I forgot to mention I have more horror Oculus games here if you want.

DARREN (sighs)

What am I going to do with you? Fine, let’s play something on the Oculus. Oh, what’s this one? (picks up a couple of game containers). ‘Lonely,’ this game is about a...oh, huh. It’s about playing a game within a game and the house is, of course, haunted. Okay. Here is another game about surviving a haunted circus, surviving a haunted manor, surviving an insane asylum, and what?! What’s this? A game not about crazed axe murderers? Let’s play ‘Survive the Elevator.’ It’s sounds not scary and more toned down.

LORENA

Yeah, that has scary stuff, too. In one level, the elevator doors open and a zombie comes out at you, then the next floor has a clown in it! It’s awesome!

DARREN

What? Nevermind, let’s play ‘Rollercoaster.’ Tell me that isn’t at all a horror game! Please!

LORENA

Huh, I almost forgot about that one! It’s about riding a rollercoaster and you get to make your own rollercoaster. It’s the first game I ever owned when I was a kid. Okay, grab the Oculus glasses over there, just be careful with them--they were a hundred bucks, both.

(DARREN gets off the couch and walks to the TV where the Oculus glasses are at, goes back to the couch and hands one to LORENA. Both put on the glasses to play. DARREN picks up his video game controllers. Start playing the game.)

DARREN

I can see why you enjoy playing this game! It’s awesome!

LORENA

Yeah, it’s the magic of the internet and games!

DARREN

We should hangout more often. I actually enjoy gaming with you! Dang it! I died! Well, my character died falling off that rollercoaster. (Laughs.) That was hilarious!

LORENA

Sorry. But hey, I’m great at gaming! There, did you see my rollercoaster I made? I’m gonna test it out here. Darren, you know, I like playing with an actual person here. It does get boring once in awhile, so yeah, I hope you can come back soon…

(An airhorn clock goes off, signifying the time is now 7 PM.)

DARREN

(Takes off the Oculus glasses and puts down controllers. Stands up and goes to the window.)

I have to go now, it is late! I have a kingdom to rule! I’ll see you soon, Lorena! It was fun meeting you!

LORENA

Yeah, you too! See ya next time then!

(DARREN climbs out from the window and a horse can be heard galloping away.) THE END.

© 2016 GalaxyGhost


My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Reviews

__________________ ______________________________________________________________-

Posted 7 Years Ago


GalaxyGhost

7 Years Ago

You okay there? :)
DRAGO

7 Years Ago

just a space filer so I could rate it
GalaxyGhost

7 Years Ago

Okay, cool.
eh, very good, different, totally different, totally good!

Posted 7 Years Ago


GalaxyGhost

7 Years Ago

Thank you!
😂

7 Years Ago

ur welcomes. Will return with more words in the soonest.
DRAGO

7 Years Ago

Lol, the rest is a space filler

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

425 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 13, 2016
Last Updated on May 13, 2016

Author

GalaxyGhost
GalaxyGhost

UT



About
Hello! I'm a student and writer. I love writing short stories of various fictional genres including mystery, suspense, fantasy, supernatural, and some poetry. Fun facts about me: -I write in jour.. more..

Writing
Ugly Ugly

A Poem by GalaxyGhost