You think you know fear?

You think you know fear?

A Poem by Douglas Levi Gribbins
"

Main description: A short poem about fear itself and just how deep you can get into what it is.

"
There's a fool that lived a dark
Unspeakable, silent life
But that's all laugh at the start
Until you gift him with a knife

Now he's vanished from the room
Someone's taken out the lights
As soon as you notice the full moon
The beast comes out from the night

You think you know fear?

You think you know fear?

Now it's coming back to you
The shoves, your words,your post, the fights
And your soul retreats down to hell
Once you finally see his eyes

As you quiver in your fear
You're an sitting duck on ice
You want to cry golden tears
As he lets you meet your own demise.

You think you know fear?

You think you know fear?

Now you're alone in the room
All other souls are outside
You break out five little words
"I thought you committed suicide."

© 2015 Douglas Levi Gribbins


Author's Note

Douglas Levi Gribbins
My family is currently going through a huge tragedy causing my father to lose his job, the only person where i live who works, since mother is extremely sick and cant get a job, and myself, who is ineligible to work due to me not being able to get a drivers license.
I came up with this off the top of my head, no thinking, If I can do this, that's a bit of talent, right?
I'd like to ask you, the reader, this.....If you enjoy my work, PLEASE...share it? Do something that helps me spread to a wider audience...I'm not asking you to share it nonstop to make me famous, no....I just want my work to be appreciated enough for someone to notice and maybe get me a writing job or me be a freelancer writer....and maybe then I can support the family a bit because at this time, pretty much everyone is either ALWAYS at work, On drugs, or always in the hospital, this is probably my "Last Breath" but it's just worth a try...Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was a good poem. I thought there could have been more though. you thought who committed suicide? Anyhow so long as they didn't i guess there's still hope? Good work.

Posted 8 Years Ago


After reading your note, I must reply before I forget. It's kinda tacky, to be honest, to ask people to distribute your writing. We are all writers, doing the hard daily work of sending out our work to publications & contests & other places where we might be read & noticed. Enduring hundreds of rejections, still believing in ourselves, etc. All I can say is, you're probably going to need a real job to support your dream of being a published writer. That's what most of us have had to do. It's just like actors who also wait tables for years before they're the big star we all think we know. Anyhow, to comment on your poem . . . this is a very good poem. I'm quite particular about what I might post on my facebook page, but I would post this. Normally, I'm not very good at interpreting the meaning behind poetry with many symbols & nuances, so I prefer straightforward poetry which is easily interpreted by all levels of readers. That being said, I do really love your poem, even tho I'm only about half-clear on what each specific thing means. But as a whole, it's powerful & clear enuf to make a point that's important. I'm sorry to read that your family situation has thrust you into a place of feeling darkness. Hang in there. Some day you will be able to say that this experience turned out to be a gift, becuz it made you strong & resilient. I can tell by the voice in this poem that you will not be easily defeated. Thanks for sharing your excellent piece.

Posted 8 Years Ago


You've certainly, undoubtedly got talent. This may not be your best work, but your works that are your best are totally some of the best stuff I've read around here. This piece has a great title and theme, a definite structure and was refreshing to read. Will share, keep writing and exploring. I pray for the best for you. Good luck.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Wow, this really makes me appreciate what I have even though I am going through a rough time, it can always be worse I guess is what you gotta tell yourself. I wish the best for you, great job!

Posted 8 Years Ago


100 rating.

Sorry to hear. Really breaks my heart.

Wish you EVERYTHING positive. -Jessica

Posted 8 Years Ago


I'm sorry to hear about what's going on. What you have written is good. It's a good story. Fear is a powerful force.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I am really sorry to hear about your problems dear. Keep strong and keep writing. As for this poem, it tells a sort of story, but one that isn't complete or sequential. A very new topic and very nice attempt. Well done. Thanks for sharing it with me Avinash

Posted 8 Years Ago


Thanks for the request dear author, much obliged on sharing
This deep thoughts,, stay well..

Posted 8 Years Ago


I am sorry about your personal situation I hope all is well. Thanks for sharing this great work.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Thanks for sharing this wonderful piece. I'll make sure to continue sharing it. keep your head up and keep writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

665 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 1, 2015
Last Updated on September 1, 2015
Tags: Dreams, Inspirational, Love, Hate, Get over it, I love you


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


"Life" "Life"

A Poem by Valentine