Brief History of the Meaola

Brief History of the Meaola

A Story by Douglas Levi Gribbins
"

Dive into the history and culture of humanities counterpart, the Meaola.

"
Deep in the galaxy, located in the Drakus solar system, is Meaolsopholis, a planet mixed with savannas and tropical regions, with very few plains, the natives here are known as Meaola, a mix of what we know as lions, panthers, and cheetahs, being able to walk on all fours to sprint and hunt, they are usually bipedal, their spines being very adaptable to the situation.
An average Meaola cub stands at 2 feet and 5 inches tall, but will walk on all fours for much of its life, while an adult Meaola stands at an average of 7 feet 5 inches to 10 feet and 3 inches, some deformities in the litters will form much larger Meaola, some even towering at 23 feet and 9 inches tall, although this is extremely rare and often leads to premature death or requiring the Meaola to be quadrupled.
Meaolsopholis has a weaker gravity than our home, Earth, which means the Meaola probably wouldn't be able to best a human in strength, that being their main flaw against us, like cats on earth, Meaola have claws, but not like our cats, they've evolved to seemingly merge human hands and cat paws, letting them draw claws from under their fur. Meaola are very enduring, their elders living to as old as 200 years of age in good health before passing, however many Meaola choose to die in combat or adventure rather than living at home, it is how they choose their destiny.
Meaola have been ruled under a single queen and a single bloodline for over 4000 years, after what is known as "The Legend of Queen Shafala." which goes as follows.
       "Long ago, the Meaola race was split into thousands of tribes, every one of them fighting for power, many would rise, many would fall soon after, growing wary of her brothers being sent off into war, Shafala, a mother of 3 Meaola, 2 whom had already died in war, had went off on a quest to find the object that would undoubtedly unify the tribes under one rule, she was going to venture into the depths of Saagrud's tomb and retrieve the Orb of Fire, which was a legend to them, it was told that whomever controlled the orb, could bend flames to his or her will, and have the power to rule, Saagrud was one of the 13 demi-gods who controlled the elements, forming them into orbs so that only those who would be worthy could wield their power, the gods separated across the galaxy so that no one person could possess all of the elements and gain unspeakable power, many tribe leaders heard of her quest and ventured after it themselves, believing no single Meaola could succeed, they brought their warriors with them and ventured into the tomb, Shafala did not care, and went inside, Deep inside the tomb rose many guardians made of rocks and fire, which the Meaola warriors attacked and fought off, and succeeded in doing so, after days of climbing down the tomb and traversing the dungeon, the tribe leaders and their warriors came to the Guardians temple, where it is said the orb is contained, eager to retrieve the orb, they rushed into the chamber only to be met with Saagrud, whom appeared as a ginormous monster made of molten lava and fire, he asked the leaders "Why are you here?" the leader of one of the tribes answered "I'm here for your orb, your power, surrender it, now!"
 Saagrud answered "Greed, you will be punished!" the leaders and warriors attacked Saagrud to no avail, and were killed violently as Saagrud rose a thousand other guardians to fight the few warriors, The other tribe leaders tried fighting as well, but all failed. Shafala approached the demi-god afterwards, Saagrud asked her "Why are you here?" she looked at the demi-god sincerely and answered "I am here for my sons who have died in pointless conflict, I am here for my fathers who have been laid to rest by greed, I am here for my brothers who have been killed in a lust for power, I am here for my people." Saagrud closed the temple door behind Shafala, and responded with a quiet "You come alone, and for your people, how will you face me?" Shafala responded "I do not wish to face you, mighty guardian of fire, I ask that you do not judge me based on the actions of those before me, but judge me by my own words, I come for my people and I wish to unify them and end this pointless ongoing conflict!" Shafala stepped forward as she spoke. "You are not a warrior, you do not come to take what you want by force and bloodshed, and you did not bring guards of your own?" Saagrud answered, "No, that is not who I am, and that is not what the future of my race should be like." Shafala got closer to the demi-god as she spoke. "You come for my orb?" "Yes, I come to ask you for a gift to my unworthy people, I wish to use it to unify our race and lead an age of peace, even if that peace is through power." Shafala responds quickly. The room dimmed as the flames on the Guardian seemed to vanish, moments later, an orb where the guardian used to be appeared, red and orange, and appeared to look like a star.
"Take my orb, Shafala, it will not burn you, as I have deemed you worthy of wielding its power, however, if the unworthy begin to wield its power for war and suffering, I will come onto land and purge your people, their will be no mercy, do you accept my terms?" The Demi-god spoke from above the room. "I accept your terms, Saagrud." Shafala answered as she picked up the orb and the exit opened. Shafala exited the tomb with many of her relatives, many warriors and leaders awaiting anyone to exit the tomb, they were astonished to see her, when the warriors began to get angry at their leaders presumably dying inside the tomb, Shafala revealed the orb, and held it high, causing every one of the fellow Meaola to get on one knee and bow to her, all of them muttering "Our Queen, Queen Shafala" she lead her people to her tribe, stood upon the center, and preached "I am the leader of the Meaola race, may we end our petty wars and work as one unified state!" The Queen preached to her people, granting the previous chieftans power over their land as Lords, she wrote new laws that brought an everlasting peace to her people, she elected officials from every state and city and even small villages to form a senate, each holding equal power so that even in death, peace would reign." 
Upon death, Shafala would have her eldest daughter become the new queen, and the bloodline began from there, the Orb of Flames was stored on the top of Shafala Temple, which towered above the capital of Meaolsopholis, Harmony, it glowed a bright red in the glass case, reminding the people of how they came to be unified. The orb allowed Meaola to forge weapons,tools, and even vehicles with the power of flames, making them easily quell any rebellion and keep the peace, even in modern times, Queen Shafala is revered for her bravery and nobility, having statues built in her honor, and even a holiday made to thank her for uniting Meaola and ending wars, making it possible for peace to occur.

© 2018 Douglas Levi Gribbins


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on April 5, 2018
Last Updated on April 5, 2018
Tags: story, fiction, cat, cats