I Had a Dream

I Had a Dream

A Poem by Matthew D. Armstrong
"

A dream illustrating my wife's (Melody) ability to turn my darkest nights into my brightest days. (This is not actually a poem; I just couldn't find a better category)

"

I Had a Dream

 

        I was pinned down in a bunker by enemy fire.  I fought with valor, but the enemy overran my position.  I lobbed a grenade and ran to save my life.  I had just cleared the entrance to the forest as hot rounds began burning holes through the leaves and the hairs of my ears.  I snaked through the dense trees and reached a small building in a clearing.  I managed to squeeze through the doorway just as enemy fire ripped the door from its hinges.  I sprinted through the hallway looking for a place to hide or fight.  I reached a dead end as the enemy poured in after me.  I was stripped of my weapon and restrained with rope to prepare me for torture.  I closed my eyes as red tongs glowing with heat moved steadily towards my lips.  I felt the searing burn as they touched my lips, but to my surprise, I did not feel pain but burning pleasure.  As I reopened my eyes, there were no longer fiery tongs but fiery red lips pressed to my mouth.  The face before me was no longer the dirty, spiteful face of the enemy but that of beautiful, loving woman.  My hands were no longer bound by rope but interlocked in soft feminine fingers.  My heart was no longer pounding with horror but swelling with comfort and sweet relief.  My back was no longer pinned against the dank wall of a ruined command post but resting comfortably against a dark maple tree touching a colorful meadow in early spring.  The ambient sounds were no longer those of agony and death but those of robins in the trees singing their sweet Melody.

© 2011 Matthew D. Armstrong


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

as someone whos working on getting in to the army i absolutely loved this everything about it great work

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
1 Review
Added on August 17, 2011
Last Updated on August 17, 2011

Author

Matthew D. Armstrong
Matthew D. Armstrong

Lawson, MO



About
I'm just a beginner, but I have a passion for writing. I hope I can get some good feedback so I can publish something one day. more..

Writing