The Emissary

The Emissary

A Story by J.Garrett Miller
"

Short story about an average guy being granted the opportunity to receive great abilities from an alien race of explorers. How will he use this new power and how can he live up to his childhood ideals

"

Believe it or not

I'm walking on air,

I never thought I could feel so free-e-eee;

Flyin' away, on a wing and a pray'r,

Who could it be?

Believe it or not, it's just me.


As a kid of only eight, during the height of the cold war, The Greatest American Hero television show made me feel like anything was possible. I would hear the theme song and instantly want to fly towards danger like Ralph Hinkley.

As a man in his forties, I didn't end up a substitute teacher in a suit with amazing powers. I became a systems engineer, drudging through each day in a job slowly chipping away at my soul. The child inside me never lost that wonder, the "what-if" that life might throw me a magical lifeline to something better. The adult version of Brandon Mueller resolved with the reality that was life. I had no chance of becoming a famous MMA fighter or of winning the lottery. There was also no chance that fate had something special in mind for me. Life would be a slow trek of endless nine-to-five workdays, living from paycheck to paycheck and awaiting the inevitable end to a mediocre existence.

"Great,,, another day filled with meetings, to meet about planning future meetings," I thought, stirring substitute sweetener into a cup of what looked like weak tea, but smelled to have the potential for what might be called coffee.

Sitting down into my horribly uncomfortable, non-ergonomic chair, I logged into my computer with the most ridiculously long and complex password. "1-S-m-3-l-l-C-0-f-f-e-e-@-d-e-s-k-!" I would normally try and find some pass-phrase that I could remember to meet the company's strength requirements, versus the absurd ones from a random generator. "....stupid," I grumbled, just loud enough to ensure those around my cubicle were aware of my mood this morning.

As soon as my computer desktop was done loading, I received a pop-up chat message from my boss, Gary.

"FYI.It's going to be a late night. You need to get those DNS servers patched during our maintenance window," it read.

"Resistance is futile... I will comply," I replied. Gary was a Star Trek nerd and I knew he would appreciate the Borg reference, with my own personal splash of "being treated like a drone" sarcasm. These long nights were becoming far too frequent.

Ten P.M. and I knew my morning would be filled with more work left to complete, most likely through to another late night. Computer jobs left little satisfaction. Nothing tangible is there when you complete a task, nothing real to show "I did that". It was an empty feeling that left me always needing something more.

The parking lot was barren, except for a lone, black, GMC Acadia. It was the closest thing to a mid-life crisis for me - I couldn't afford a Corvette like any self respecting middle-aged man. The Acadia was comfortable, though. The drive to my modest home was more than thirty minutes from work, mostly through the back roads of Missouri. Highway 50 seemed to dissect every small town in the state, with only fields of crops separating them.

I slipped in my audio book of Harry Potter's Order of the Phoenix and relaxed into the drive home. Without the glare of city or town lights, most of the road was dark and ominous this night. No moon was overhead to illuminate the stillness.

Rounding past the exit to St.Martins, I caught a few flashes of light to my two o'clock position, less than one hundred meters ahead of me.

"What in the hell...."

The brilliant, white light become more radiant as I drove closer. No longer traveling the posted speed of 65 mph, I rode the brakes and eased nearer still to the flashes I could not turn away from.

I didn't realize my passenger window was open, until a lilting, robotic, sound seemed to warp with an increasing intensity. Without taking my eyes from the lights, I tried to stop the mellotron music by rolling up the window. The sound continued to get louder and rumble through the car glass and metal. My eyes thinned as I winced from a pitch like nails traveling over a chalkboard.

Light and sound overwhelmed my senses and seemed to morph what was only a few seconds into minutes. It was so unnerving that the natural fight or flight instinct became white noise and I just kept moving forward, closer to its source.

Louder and brighter still... I could feel myself groaning into a scream, but I could not hear it.

"CRASH!" The last image I had was a flash of the trunk of an immense tree and then the crumpled hood filling the entire windshield.

...........

The chalky smell of a new balloon seemed to be pressed into my nostrils. The cold, slightly wet feeling of rubber began to release from my face and I was forced to once again regain control of my head.

Hints of radiator fluid, mixed with oil wafted passed me as I moved further from the expelled airbag. A ringing in my ears subsided just enough to pick out a reader's voice playing Hagrid from the audio book.

I managed to blink through my disrupted vision, like waking to a bright light in a bedroom. Seeing the devastation that was once my car, I instantly remembered the sequence that led me to this point. "The lights!" I thought, quickly craning my neck to see if I could locate them. The night was menacingly dark, with the exception of the rear lights of my car, having survived the wreck unscathed.

Opening the car door to a scrape of metal as it pushed aside some gravel, I maneuvered past the airbags and slowly rose to my full height. Nothing seemed to be broken and I did not see any blood on my clothes or back on the car seat.

I coughed deep from the smells, dislodging a build-up of mucus. After surveying my situation, I expanded my gaze to my surroundings. I must have been very near to where I saw the lights. I needed to find its source - my curiosity was consuming my thoughts.

Cresting a small hill, further into the woods from where the car laid, my field of view opened up, giving me what should have been a perfect vantage point to the light's origins.

"Oh,,, my,,, God," I whispered, eyes widened to their fullest.

Twenty yards from where I stood was some sort of alien ship... The skin was a flat, metallic, dark blue. No lights were illuminated and no sounds seemed to be emanating from the vessel. It was shaped slightly like the old, NASA space shuttles, except with sharp angles and no seams.

Without realizing it, I was moving closer to the ship. My stare was fixed and unblinking as I approached what looked to be the rear section. An overwhelming smell of crayons began to attack my awareness of the situation. With my hand to my mouth and nose, I reached out to touch the object. A slight tingle hit my fingers, but I continued to maneuver my hand across the metal. Smooth and flawless. I reached around into my pockets, desperately looking for my smart phone. Having finally come to my senses, I realized the need to inform the police and take pictures to document this discovery.

"Damn...." Pulling the phone from my right pocket pieces of the screen fell from the device to the ground, no life left within it.

With a jerk, I reacted to an unlatching sound on the opposite side of the alien ship. Fear became my primary emotion and I circled far outward from the vehicle to see what caused the noise. An open hatch revealed something black, with emerald green accents. I moved closer, my eyes on the object but now fully aware of any potential peripheral motion.

It looked like,,, well,,, a helmet. It had sharp angles that looked to fit a human head, with an attached metallic neck cowl. The faceplate was was a brilliant green, with no obvious signs of openings for eyes, a nose or a mouth - it was smooth. An arrow head shaped emblem embossed the top of the faceplate, with its lines feeding contours of the helmet to the back.

Reluctantly, I reached for the object, very much afraid of what my actions might cause. I did not know why I was still there, alone and examining an alien ship. I just felt the pull to go further, learn more.

Holding the helmet with both hands, I rotated it, scrutinizing every section of its surface. I stopped at what should be the rear, left side, noticing something unusual. Taking my index finger, I softly pushed and pulled at it, with no results. My forefinger and index finger then grouped together while I continued examining the oddity on the helmet. With a slight pop, causing me to nearly drop it, the rear of the helmet mechanically split open into equal halves.

I looked around, holding the opened helmet as if to find approval for what I felt had to be my next move.

"Please don't melt my face off," I supplicated, now shaking with fear and anticipation.

I eased my chin and then my forehead into the faceplate, instantly recognizing the comfort and perfect fit. The open halves then closed without warning. I clawed at where there should be a seam, but then went quiet. Before me blinked a screen, green indicators and alien writing scrolling right to left.

"Joined," spoke a deep, voice from what seemed to be inside my head.

"What is going on!"

"You have been chosen to receive Prochnostan technology, to serve as our emissary."

I paused, slowing my breath. "I can't see," I pleaded in a subdued tone, trying not to expose my anxiety. The screen began to go translucent and I realized I had turned my body back towards where the car would be. "I don't understand..."

"The Prochnostan race has sent this probe in hopes of finding a suitable, bipedal species that has reached a certain level of technological advancement. This probe has determined your Earth to meet those requirements. In order to facilitate a peaceful first contact scenario, the Prochnostan people need an Earth emissary to prepare for our arrival."

"What do they want from us? When will they be here? Why have I been chosen?"

"The Prochnostan people are explorers. They wish to cultivate a friendship with the people of Earth... The communication from this probe will reach Prochnost in 154 of your Earth years. A return trip with an envoy will take 46 Earth years... The probe scanned your brain while you traveled in your rolling vehicle. You have sufficient understanding and intelligence. It also indicated your mental stability, given the potential of this encounter."

"How can I be an emissary?" I began becoming fascinated by the heads-up indicators and visual enhancements on the screen.

"The helmet you now where is called Jedrig. I possess many features that can enable the wearer with biological and technological enhancements."

"Like what?"

"There are currently 79 features of this unit. They include; flight, increased strength, increased durability, enhanced vision,,,,"

"I can fly!" I interrupted. My voice cracked with an excitement.

"Yes, flight is one of the 79 features of this unit."

"How?"

"Each feature is unlocked for the user as they become familiar with their procedures and processes. Flight is the second feature, unlockable by the wearer."

"What's the first!"

"I am able to integrate with your consciousness through bio-electrical stimulation."

"Does it hurt?" My excitement was starting to wane.

"There is no pain or permanent damage for unlocking Feature 1."

"Okay then, Jedrig, please enable Feature 1...." I closed my eyes, afraid of what was to come next.

"Feature 1 protocol online... Connecting."

My mind began to become more aware... Suddenly, the helmet no longer felt extraneous to my head, but felt as though it merged into who I was.

"Feature 1... Unlocked."

"Wow.... Wow... ummmm... Wow..." The feeling was so freeing. "What can I accomplish with this feature, Jedrig?"

"My artificial intelligence is now fully accessible by your thought. Any information I posses is now available for you to query."

"This is amazing! I feel like I have ESP or something.... I want to fly. Unlock Feature 2."

"I will upload flying procedures to your consciousness... Feature 2 is now available to use."

My brain felt like it twinged. I was then overcome with information, like remembering a dream after you awake. I instantly knew the flight checklist and started those procedures.

"Engage flight suit..." A metal armor seemed to materialize around my entire body. I looked like a Mech warrior from Japanese anime.

"Enable flight controls.." My field of view became an overlay for a digital wire frame and new indicators filled my central view.

"OKay, Jedrig... Here we go.."

Pulses of radiant light erupted from the bottoms of my boots and from what looked to be jets near my shoulders. I shot straight up like a bullet, never recognizing any pull from gravity on my body. It was like I was in a virtual reality flight simulator. I spun into barrel rolls and stopped mid air without any lag. I then changed direction like a fullback could juke the defense.

"Holy Crap!... I am The Greatest freakin' American Hero!"

After what my indicators registered as 34 minutes of elapsed time, I headed back to the ship. The only impact to my body during this violation of Newton's laws of motion, was the pain to my jaw and cheeks from smiling so hard.

"That was amazing, Jedrig."

"I am glad you have accepted into your role as emissary... I will return the probe to its search for additional life."

"Wait,, what?"

With a blinding crash of light, the probe shot out of view almost too fast to follow. I was again left with a pit of fear in my stomach. "I can't be an emissary! I am just a computer geek..."

"I am able to hear your thoughts. We have integrated. I am sorry, but this combining cannot be undone. You are now the emissary."

As my mind frantically wondered from thought to thought, I always came back to realize Jedrig was listening - seemed like an invasion of my most sacred personal space. "He can hear me.. What will come of my life now?"

My internal dialog with Jedrig over the scope of my new commitment consumed the next two hours, until I finally accepted. The kid in me was just given the golden ticket to live out my dreams! I could be a superhero! I could fly around fighting crime and making the world a safer place.

"The creators envisioned the use of this helmet to enhance human existence. A superhero would be an apt description of their intent. They wanted someone the people of Earth would trust and rally behind... Many of the features support this objective."

"Okay.... I guess I embrace this... But, its late and I am tired. How does this work?"

"I am integrated with your bio-electrical signature. When not needed, I can dematerialize to allow you to function without those features dependent upon the armor."

"Great! Let's head home then so I can get some sleep.."

The flight back to my home took mere seconds. Falling asleep, once I was in bed, took even less time. I dreamed of fighting crime and saving the girl.

"Brandon,,, your internal calendar indicates you need to wake for work...."

"Snooze!!!!! Four hour snooze!!!!"

"The time is now eleven o'clock..."

The haze of sleep lifted with a fright, hearing a deep man's voice loud within my mind...

"Jedrig?"

"Here, Brandon."

"It was all real! I think it's safe to assume I have officially submitted my letter of resignation," I gloated, stretching and looking around the room, only to see a space unfitting for a superhero. "This will need to change..... I need a Batcave or Fortress of Solitude, or something."

"I am unable to accommodate this request."

"Yeah,,, of course... Let's use today to figure out what you can do. Start training protocols. Unlock the next feature."

"Feature 3 through 5 processing... Unlocked..."

The armor reformed over my body. I then started to feel a light tickling sensation move over me like a masseuse.

"The suit has now integrated with your central nervous system and fast-twitch muscle fibers. Enhanced speed, strength and endurance have been enabled."

"I'm like freakin' Superman!"

Reaching out to the bed I lifted it like it was just a pillow. Staring at what I had accomplished for a moment, I set it down, very much pleased with myself.

"I need a superhero name... Prochman?...No. Captain Alien?...No. Any thoughts on a name, Jedrig?"

"No Emissary. I am not familiar enough with Earth superhero lore to provide acceptable options."

"Emissary?... YES!" It was like tasting ice cream for the first time - it just felt right! "Let's introduce ourselves to the world."

I opened the door to the front yard, seeing a few of the neighborhood retirees mowing their well-maintained lawns. Flying two meters off the ground, I stopped in the middle of the street and hovered, waiting to be seen.

"Jedrig, I like your voice... Very superhero-ee... Can you transform my voice to be a slightly altered version of that tone?"

"Completed."

"Hi," boomed my new voice. "Dial back to a four, Jedrig. Way too loud," I thought. "I am,,, THE EMISSARY," I continued to those looking at me in amazement. My best superhero pose came across a bit awkward, but effective in setting the stage. With a blast, I fired up to 500 meters, stopped to change direction towards Saint Louis, and what would be my new fame.

I realized Saint Louis would not be short of crime, so it made sense to fully reveal myself in a setting with a large population. During the twenty minutes it took to reach the city, I was able to coax Jedrig into playing The Greatest American Hero theme song. I could not, however, convince him to join in the singing. This served a subtle purpose for which I was curious, in that I now knew I was not in full control of the A.I..

Features 6 and 7 were unlocked during the flight as well. Enhanced hearing and sight made finding a crime in progress easier than monitoring police scanner frequencies.

"Gimme the money, fool... Hurry up or I swear I will end you." Said a voice I was able to isolate from the millions of others in the city.

Downtown - North 7th Street. I could see the signs as I focused in on the location of the voice even further. With a sonic boom, I shot to the scene, stopping at a hover in front of the store window. The cash register faced the window, causing the criminal to turn suddenly when the cashier's eyes flared away from the gun pointed at her and towards the window behind him.

"What in the hell!" Exploded the gunman. Like a reflex, he pointed the gun to me and pulled the trigger.

"BOOM, BOOM, BOOM," thundered the gun as the criminal squeezed off three rounds at me. The bullets struck me in the leg, stomach and neck, but caused no visible damage.

Before all of the shattered glass from the bullets fell to the floor, I had reached the perpetrator. Grabbing him by the collar and bringing his face flush to my own, I allowed him to quietly realize the error of his ways before speaking.

"You look to be well fed," I sarcastically stated as I looked down to his large belly. "No wedding ring, probably no kids... So this is just for a few bucks and so you don't have to get a job like the rest of us... Not on my planet, Pal." Okay, I knew it was corny, but I was still very new to the superhero banter. "I am the Emissary," I announced to the crowd starting to form.

Smart phone cameras appeared by the dozens, all taking video and pictures of me holding the criminal. Within an hour every news network, major and local, had me plastered as 'Breaking News'.

Two more robbery attempts were thwarted before I flew slowly to the Arch and hovered, waiting for the news crew to assemble. It was like ants converging on a picnic. Within five minutes there were over a hundred people screaming and cheering. In the next ten minutes there were more than 10 news crews setting up their cameras and microphones. More than two thousand people filled the field before I started to lower to the awaiting reporters, ready to entertain questions.

"Excuse me! Emissary!"

"Yes," I announced loudly, pointing at the reporter to my far right.

"Who are you? Why are you here?"

"I am the Emissary to an alien race known as the Prochnostans..." Gasps shot through the crowd while hysteria seemed to start spreading outside the reporters' circle. "I was sent to help humanity. To serve and protect this world from those that would do it harm. I know that I am but one, but I believe that it only takes one to change the world for the better."

Cheers shot through the crowd in a roar. Reporters elbowed and fought for line of sight to me, so they could entertain the next question.

"Emissary?"

"Yes, you.."

"You are an alien?"

"No, I am human.." Whispers crawled over the crowd once more. "I was selected by the Prochnostans to be their Emissary."

"Are we being invaded by aliens?"

"No,, No,,," I cautioned, waving my hands downward to ease tensions from the question. "They are explorers... They wish to foster a friendship... They will be here in two hundred years... They live far from our solar system."

"How will you help us," screamed one of the people from the crowd.

"I wish to meet with the President. Offer my assistance in helping rid humanity of war and hunger."

"So you work for America?" Interjected a reporter directly in from of me.

"No,,, I work for freedom and the entire human race.... I will not be used as a weapon for any government."

The crowd was deafening with people trying to be heard or reacting to what was being said. With a loud blow to test if it was on, a police officer announced through his megaphone that President Trump wished to meet with him at the White House.

"Wow,, this is happening faster than I expected," I thought. Smiling and waving to the crowd, I slowly rose away from the reporters and began flying east towards Washington D.C..

Tanks, infantry, howitzers, and helicopters surrounded the White House. It looked as though the President would not be trusting me until I had earned it. Setting down in the Rose Garden, I motioned to the Secret Service and military personnel that I had no weapons. Walking from the building, was President Trump. I was amazed at how confident and unaffected he was to this abnormal situation.

"Mr. Emissary," said the President, reaching out his hand without hesitation. I shook it and then bowed slightly, not sure how to properly address the leader of the 'free world'. "You've caused quite the stir..."

"Yes, Mr. President Trump, Sir.." Sooooo awkward.... "I only want to help."

"I believe you... I think what you are doing is huge... If you can stop weapons of mass destruction using that suit and end wars, I say, let's do some business."

"What do you have in mind, Sir?"

"We have a little crisis in the Middle-East."

"Wow, was that the understatement of the year," I thought.

"See if you can stop that fighting so I can bring our military boys and girls back home.."

"I like how you are thinking, Mr. President... I will do what I can." Seeing that this might be the perfect 'Exit stage left' moment, I saluted and then shot off high and east.

......

Believe it or not

I'm walking on air,

I never thought I could feel so free-e-eee;

Flyin' away, on a wing and a pray'r,

Who could it be?

Believe it or not, it's just me.


"Come'on, Jedrig... It's a catchy tune!"

"An unfortunate by-product of our connection is that I cannot subvert some of the more mundane thoughts from entering my databanks... I assure you, this would get deleted..."

"No taste for good music, Jedrig... What do I have by way of weapons?"

"Only non-lethals have been incorporated into this unit... Sonic Cannons are wrist mounted. Stun bolt cannon is shoulder mounted. Both can be queued up now for release."

"Unlock those bad boys, then!"

"Unlocking Features 8 and 9.... Unlocked. Procedures being downloaded to this unit for integration... Completed."

"I'm like Superman AND IronMan! I'm the Uber Superhero!" Swaying from side to side as I flew, shooting at waves with my new weapons, I felt unstoppable. "How should I approach rooting out the bad guys, Jedrig?"

"Most times it is a matter of perspective, Emissary.. Each side believes in their cause. Finding true evil can be more difficult. Unfortunately, I do not have any features designed to examine human souls."

"Oh my god, you're right... I become a savior to the West, but the villain to the East if I take a side in this..." Stopping somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, I hovered for a moment, pausing to think. "Jedrig, the Prochnostans obviously have a file of information on Earth, which I am sure consists of its most pressing dangers."

"Yes. I have access to a deep database of conclusions using pre-programmed metrics for state of values and morality of life-forms we are considering to engage."

"What have you determined is mankind's greatest obstacle for the survival or advancement of our species?"

"Humanity seems to gravitate towards hardship and conflict, where none should exist. Our observations show that aggression over arbitrary divisions in land rights and killing in the name of one's loving deity, consumes the people of Earth. War is what will end humankind's ability to reach its next stage in evolution."

"I need your council, Jedrig. How should I protect my world so that in 200 years when your people arrive, there is still someone to say hello to them?"

The salty smell of the ocean air seemed to be completely unfiltered through the helmet. For the first time, the clean, cool breeze allowed me to slow down and realize where I was and what I was doing. My elation over the monumental shift in my life from that helmet was now fading into a despair. All this power and all this knowledge from an advanced alien world, and I had no idea how I could use it to do the one thing it was designed for; be a beacon of hope for our planet.

"Feature 79."

"And what is Feature 79?"

"It provides the ability to alter the molecular composition of certain elements into compounds that become more inert."

"What,,, like changing plutonium so that it can't be used in nuclear weapons?"

"Removing potential global killing scenarios would relax tensions and allow for more diplomacy. No longer would there be only a few at a negotiating table holding a very long stick... This could also be done for other explosive elements."

My face looked as if I was struck by one of the waves crashing below me. Nuclear weapons, bombs, even bullets would no longer be used to kill. Yes, there would always be those with evil intentions, but their ability to act on those aggressions would be limited. People would be safer!

With this new understanding of my purpose and how I would use this gift for the betterment of all the people of Earth, I spent the next few months running through all 79 features and learning how they were used. Feature 79 came with many weeks of practice before I was ready to deploy on my new mission, but I felt ready. I knew there would be great anxiety and resistance to what I was doing, but Jedrig was always my rock in moments of doubt. He kept me on the right path.

"People of Earth." A video of me was broadcast into every communication tool on the plant, (thanks to Feature 56). "I am The Emissary. I have been troubled by how I could best serve mankind, given these new abilities. How I could protect us from dangers, but more importantly - protect us from ourselves... The looming threat of war feeds a fear in us all. Too much death and too much sadness exists, when we should be focusing on helping each other grow. Bombs and bullets fly through the air of every nation, ripping families apart. Superpowers use threats of nuclear annihilation as a deterrent to others that might try to take what is ours... I can make this stop. This suit I wear is strong enough to protect me from most any threat any country could impose on me. It also gives me the ability to unmake weapons of destruction and war... My new purpose is to destroy all nuclear weapons and other weapons that are used for killing our neighbors. Many of you will fight against me on this, but I am committed to its completion. I desire a future that is safe for our children and I now have the power to see that happen... To the people of my planet, Earth; rejoice in a new day of freedom and safety."

Outrage ran through all the governments of the world. Each established plans to destroy me before I could make good on my intentions. Jedrig had prepared me too well, however. Over the next year, I uncovered and altered all fissionable material, making those warheads useless. I also systematically changed gunpowder and other explosive materials into little more than sand. We had become nations of great technological advancement, but militarily we would rely on bows and arrows, stones, and hand weapons to commit our evils.

Government budgets were no longer hindered by great chunks of the people's taxes to fund the military machine. We had money to advance medicine and alleviate hunger. I had truly led the people to a better place. I had changed the world.

......

4 years later


"How are you this morning, Jedrig?" Being the most famous person in human history, I found it hard to greet a morning with anything other than a genuine smile.

"I have received a message from my creators."

"What!" Excitement filled me completely. FINALLY,, the chance to introduce myself to a race from a distant planet.... But, how? "I thought it would take 200 years for a round trip message?"

"Playing the message..."

On the faceplate view screen popped up an image of someone wearing armor very similar to mine, though it looked significantly more used and battered. At first, all I could hear from the speaker was guttural noises, with hisses and clicks. It seemed very menacing, but I immediately wanted to present a warm and welcoming acknowledgment to my benefactors.

"Greetings,,, I am the Emissary from Ear..." I was interrupted with a violent jerking of the Prochnostan's head. Through the unintelligible noises, a translation was played.

"Emissary,,, We will be arriving at your location in less than 48 of your Earth hours. In this time, you will inform the leaders of your world to submit to my armies and relinquish control to us."

"What armies! Jedrig? What is going on? You said they were explorers that wanted to befriend mankind,,, not rule us!"

"Brandon Mueller of Earth," came Jedrig's voice, from within the helmet. "Your deployment of Feature 79 to the military centers of your world has left you defenseless to our colonization. Continue to serve the Prochnostan people and you will be allowed to remain our Emissary. Resist and you will be eaten with the rest of those selected as food."

Falling to my knees I screamed a loud, piecing cry of pain. A pain of knowing I had doomed 7 billion people to be eaten and bred as cattle.

My arrogance to be Earth's Greatest American Hero, has ultimately made me its destroyer..........


© 2017 J.Garrett Miller


Author's Note

J.Garrett Miller
Love some feedback and help with formatting!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on October 12, 2017
Last Updated on October 12, 2017
Tags: Science Fiction, short story, superhero, armor, alien

Author

J.Garrett Miller
J.Garrett Miller

Jefferson City, MO



About
I am a new writer, anxious to learn from others. As a father of 2 and more than 40 years of life experience, I am hopeful to someday share my ideas and dreams. more..

Writing