10 mile kayaking trip in Louisiana bayous, rivers, and lakes

10 mile kayaking trip in Louisiana bayous, rivers, and lakes

A Story by Onatah


We started out in a small bayou in the woods. The water was only about 2 feet deep at its deepest, and sometimes became as narrow as 4 feet. There were others there as well who were on journeys of their own.


Eventually we reached the river. The river was wide and thick, and the current was slow but steady. We were surrounded by forest and





I found the small canoe trail leading to Eagle Pond and I followed it. The pond was beautifully reflective.

While in the lake, I stalked a few alligators. Some of them were bathing in the sun on the side of the lake, and others were stalking prey on top of the water. None of them were curious about me, and would jet off as soon as I came too close.


This avian sportsman kept flying over the lake and waving at me from his skeletal designed one-man airplane. I snapped this photo as he was coming over the trees.


After getting home, I decided to share the beauty of this elder tree in my back yard. I am curious about the age of this beauty. My uncle claims that he planted her as a child, but I find that hard to believe. I think it is older than that.


Here is one of my familiars, a companion. Her name is Lily, short for Tigerlily.

© 2012 Onatah


Author's Note

Onatah
I hope you liked my journey. I'll be posting more of them.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

pretty cool

Posted 11 Years Ago


Thank you for sharing this. I found the sky particulary captivating. What a beautiful journey- reflective above, below, and I would imagine, inside. Be sure to give Lily a treat.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

498 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 9, 2012
Last Updated on November 9, 2012
Tags: nature, hiking, boating, kayaking