The Empty-coffered Purser

The Empty-coffered Purser

A Poem by Devons
"

from an image born

"

Only a word, and blurred, and backward

White on black and vice versa

A hair-line crack, all split, and fractured

A tainted Dame - all doomed to curse her:

PEACE: the empty-coffered purser.

© 2010 Devons


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

*just by reading

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is very strong in its brevity.This is one of your relatively shorter poems i believe but there was no need for more words.This is perfect.Was this too based on the picture here...or is it as such on peace?..either ways this is very neat,compact and so very well thought.
I like 'hair line crack'..'tainted dame' and course the title itself :)
I like how you are constantly evolving with your writes.One can not judge your writing just be reading one or two poem of yours...cause i feel you constantly outwit yourself with your words...and there is always something new.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well that intense. Such passion and explicit imagery that is purposefully difficult to see and decipher. Wonderful flow and rhythm, beautiful contrast and images that hold so much meaning and negativity. Peace has really become something that no one can truly see, the meaning is blurred and politicians and military turn it on it's head using peace as a reason to fight and kill. The one word is both negative and positive, manipulated and manipulative. Everyone wants it but everyone hates it. Beautiful expression. I love this poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


It had a very good flow for such a short poem. I find that it's harder to write a short poem that has a good start and a good finish than it is to write a long one. If you are able to wrap the imagery and the emotion together in only a few lines I think that is wonderful! Keep writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


very good

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Short and sweet; packed with meaning. Love it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A maverick. lolololol!!!
I loved it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This says so much with so little. Very impressive. I do feel that even though the last line as the title fits this poem, since it is so short you use almost a fifth of the poem to title it. You may want to re-work this somehow.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

a clouded vision that longs for a sunny day
i see a lot of grey - the urge for the light or darkness to win
insightful expression.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

439 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 20, 2010
Last Updated on May 25, 2010

Author

Devons
Devons

South West, United Kingdom



About
WE BREAK ACROSS THESE TRAM LINES I DRAW by Haz I draw them with lines of reflections through their steps enough space between them for your space.. more..

Writing
O Superman O Superman

A Poem by Devons



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Maelstrom The Maelstrom

A Poem by Devons


Lolita Lolita

A Poem by Devons