THERE YOU'LL BE

THERE YOU'LL BE

A Story by Prime
"

A diary that tells an unusual love story of a senior high girl... This work is inspired by the movie Pearl Harbor and its soundtrack. ~Done with the first week of August 2012. Enjoy reading guys!

"

THERE YOU'LL BE



“… in my dreams I’ll always see you soar above the sky …”

“… in my heart there’ll always be a place for you for all my life …”

 


August 19, 2012 (Sunday)

            “You know, it is always my dream that someday, I’ll be able to fly up high and soar around the skies above…” he utters as he stands beside me.

   I look at him. It is no other than Joshua. Scruffy dark brown hair, good stature, fair skin and brown eyes with a flash of a smile across his face are his physical characteristics. Well, for me, he is very good looking. He is looking at what’s above us, an airplane trailing above the radiant blue sky. ‘’… like that airplane.” He continues as he turns and looks at me that make us stuck at the glances of each other.

       We barely talk, it’s as if we’re lesser than strangers even though we are somewhat ‘friends’. Well, that’s only when we’re close to each other like this. As a matter of fact, I’m his stalker, because I do have a crush on him, though; and the more I come to know him better, the deeper the feeling gets.

            Love at first sight, they say…

            We have known each other since we were both first year in high school, and instantly he became the apple of my eye as we became ‘friends’. That’s until now that we’re seniors, but too bad I have to keep myself and watch him from a distance, because I’m just one of his friends and there is a very small possibility that we are meant for each other since he’s very friendly. He’s always surrounded by most of his friends and even other students at school. Well, how much more about me? As I’ve said, we barely talk. We’re not close and I’m not one of those that always surround him. Well, I’m not that type of a person… You know, that ‘feeling-close’ attitude, it’s not one of my traits. I just don’t feel like it, and I can’t ‘eat’ my pride just to get closer to him.

       Anyway, now that he has said it again… Yeah, every time we talk, the conversation always start with his signature line “You know, it is always my dream that someday, I’ll be able to fly up high and soar around the skies above…” although sometimes he rephrases his sentence, maybe trying something for a change. And that’s only when we happen to be together and an airplane passes above us, maybe except for the time that we introduced ourselves. That makes airplanes special to me. They make us somewhat connected somehow.

           “You always do.” I say then I flashed a smile and I turned my head so I may face the ground before me. By the way, we are both standing at the grassy area of the town’s park.

      “Mau, we could be closer you know…” Maurice is my name. Most of my friends, relatives and other persons call me Maurice. He’s the only one to call me Mau. And I like having it that way. It’s kind of special.

            I tuck a strand of my long black hair at the back of my ear then say, “I know.”

            “What day is tomorrow, anyway?” he asks me and I answer “Class day. Monday.”

        That reminds me. Tomorrow is my birthday, but it seems like it isn’t. And I don’t feel like telling him about it because I don’t want him to know.

            “Okay, then. Well, you should look good tomorrow.”

            I don’t know what he means, so I just said “Yeah” and an ear-breaking silence follows afterwards.

 

August 20, 2012 (Monday)

            I looked at myself in the mirror. I see a girl, a woman with long black hair that falls until her waist, cat-grey eyes, good stature but not as good as Joshua’s, and fair peachy skin.

            I’m in our school uniform. I am just done preparing myself for school.

I went to the dining room to join mom, dad and my sister in breakfast. We had small chit-chats, they greeted me “Happy Birthday” and I thanked them. Afterwards, I’m off to school.

            As I reach our classroom, I quietly entered. One of my other classmates who used to be early is already around and is quiet. Probably she didn’t know yet that today’s my birthday. It is better that she and the others don’t know or they’ll be teasing me all day long to treat them.

            I noticed a big box, carefully wrapped in a plain-colored yellow wrapper, on the seat of my armchair. Its length is almost one-thirds of my height. As I approach it, I notice a folded card which smells good. I opened it.                                                                                                           

August 20, 2012

Dear Maurice,

          Happy 16th Birthday, Maurice. I don’t have much to tell but

“More Birthdays to Come” and that I am always here for you…

                                  - “J”


            Just who is this J? Joshua? Well, I don’t think so, and you know why.

  This “J” is maybe my suitor, Johann. He has been courting me since sophomore and he has done many good things for me. Too bad, I just can’t love him in return, and sometimes I feel sorry for him since I just can’t do a thing to repay all that he has done and still, he never gave up on me.

           Anyway, I should know who this “J” is so I may at least thank him / her for the wonderful gift.

            I look around for someone to ask… There’s my classmate, Rona.

  “Hey, Rona…” I called her, and she politely responds “Yes, Maurice?” in return.

            “Have you seen anyone who brought this box here?” I ask her. Well, I should be careful with my words or it will become obvious that today’s my birthday, and the teasing will follow.

            “Let me think for a while…” she said while pushing her chin against her fingers. “Well, once I arrived here… I mean, before I opened the room, that is already at the doorway and a paper was placed above it that states: ‘for Maurice’ so I thought it was meant for you. Well, I placed it on your armchair, anyway.”

            “Okay, thank you.”

   “Hey…” her face expression is that of those who are about to tease someone. “…don’t tell me you have a secret admirer.”

          I just laugh and say “Oh no, I don’t. It’s just maybe something friendly. Besides, I don’t know who sent it, that’s why I asked you if you have seen anyone who placed this box here.”

            “I don’t believe you.”

            I just rolled my eyes in a somewhat friendly way as I suppress a smile on my lips. Luckily, Rona is not the type of person who ‘forces’ issues to you, so what follows is silence.

            One by one, some in numbers, the others arrived. They kept on looking at the box so I removed the card then kept it on my bag and I moved the box to a corner of the room so they wouldn’t keep on talking about it. Anyway, it is something light inside. Even though I managed to hide the card and keep the box somewhere, they still kept on talking about who that box was for until they came to a realization that today is my birthday.

            Greetings follow and I thank them wholeheartedly. Next come the teases like the questions “Where will we celebrate?” “What foods shall we eat afterwards?” and they shout in numbers “Treat us! Treat us! Treat us! Treat us!” which is very loud. I just suppress a smile on my seat, covering both of my ears with both of my hands. This continued until a teacher from the neighboring room furiously entered our classroom and warned us that if we keep on being too loud, we’ll be sent to the principal’s office which caused the silence to follow.

 

            It’s lunch time! Well, I’m already home, and I’m just done eating so I went to my room. I am eager to know what the box contains.

I remove the wrappings of the box then opened it and I am surprised by what I saw…

            It is a wonderful big yellow teddy bear. It is huggable and what makes it more special is it is of my favorite color, yellow.

            Well, let me describe it my way…

            It is a yellow teddy bear with a red ribbon by its right ear. It has a rubber brown nose, dark marble eyes and a red heart, with the yellow-colored letters “MJ” embed on its midst like a sewn name, on its belly. It is filled with cotton inside which makes it soft and bouncy.

            “MJ” maybe means Maurice and that mystery “J” person, but too bad I am not able to know who that person is. Well, this day has been made by that person special.

            We only have three subjects to attend this afternoon. Usually, there are four, but the teacher for the other one said from our last meeting that he will be absent this day and he’ll be ‘gone for a while’, so be it.

 

            I have been sitting on the vacant area of our Social Studies Learning Resource Center (LRC) for a while. I have just finished writing in my diary. Anyway, haven’t I told you that I do write on my diary? Well, now you know. It’s pointless to do nothing at free times like this so I write instead. I just feel like it.

            I look around and a smile forms on my face as Joshua’s presence came from a distance.

            He joins me on the seat and greets me “Hey…” so I also greet him “Hi, Josh” in return.

            “What are you doing?” he asks me.

            “Nothing. Just some diary stuff…” I answer while letting my eyes roam freely around then I lengthened the conversation by asking him “How about you?”

            “I am supposed to do the same, but since you’re here…” he says as he reaches for his bag and places a brown book on the table “… I can’t. I need privacy, you know.”

            “I understand.”

            By the looks of the book, it seems like its pages had been flipped over and over for how many times and it’s obvious that it’s almost full of writings. That must be his diary.

            “Say, this is the second time we talk without having any airplanes above us, am I right?”

            That makes me think. Yeah, this is the second time that we did talk without having any airplanes around. “Yeah…” I added and sighed as silence took over us afterwards.

            “By the way, happy birthday, Mau…”

            That surprised me. He did know that today’s my birthday, but how come? So first, I told him “Thank you,” then asked him “How did you know?”

            “Through ‘Facebook’…” and he smiles. I get what he means, but what makes me think is that: does he even have time bothering himself to view my profile and identify my birth date? I just can’t help myself but smile and try to hide my blushes. It’s awkward, but I have to be a ‘feeler’ this time. Every moment counts and this will become a memory to last, since this rarely and barely happens.

            “Well, how many gifts have you got?”

            “Only one, and it’s kind of special which came from a mysterious person. It makes me think: Who could it be? I really want to thank that mystery person. He or she makes me feel special this day, you know…”

            “Why? What is it?”

            “It was a yellow teddy bear.”

            His face brightens up and shares to me by saying “My favorite color is the neighbor of yellow, green.” I’m happy to know, so I ask him “Really?” to lengthen our conversation.

            “Yeah, I’m just sharing anyway, how about yours?”

            “My favorite color is yellow, which makes the gift more special.”

            He then looks at the ground before us and it’s as if he’s suppressing a smile. He seems to be nerdy and naïve even though he is usually surrounded by people and that makes me like him more.

 

   We became closer since then. We sometimes go through the hallway together, or at other places. Sometimes we eat lunch together, and we can start talking without having any airplanes around. It seems like I’m not shy of him anymore. Sometimes I wonder if Joshua could be that mystery “J” person, and sometimes I ask him if he’s that “J”. He would just laugh and say “Just who is that, your secret admirer?” and he seems to know less about that. He even insisted that he could help me identify who this person is, but I prefer to work like a detective alone. I don’t like bothering people.

            Meanwhile, Johann kept on courting me. He even said that he’s willing to ‘keep on chasing me’. He never gave up on me. And that increases my suspicions about him being that “J” person. I try observing him, his acts, his mood, his expressions, and I sometimes ask him if he knows about that mystery “J” person but it just seems like he avoids the topic.

            About my relationship with Joshua, we are like best buddies although in a somewhat ‘pathetic’ manner. I often catch him writing on his diary, but he just refuse to show me its content. Well, it seems like privacy is what he mostly needs when he’s writing on that diary, so I respect that. Sometimes, I try to pretend that I’m writing on mine; sometimes, I do write for real. He even try to peek at what I am writing but too bad my hands are too fast to cover the writings before he is able to do so.

            This continued on for months and I find myself deeply in love with Josh.

 

December 21, 2012 (Friday)

            Today is our Christmas Party and we are almost done. The revelations of ‘manito-manita’ identities have just finished and others have already gone home. Well, only four of us are left in our classroom now. I’ve got varieties of gifts from my classmates and there goes that mystery “J” person again. This person has already placed this gift on the doorway since morning and this time, my full name was written on a piece of paper placed on its top. It is a small box, about the size of my fist, carefully wrapped in alternate colors of green, red and yellow, as the main color of wrapper. Green and red are the usual colors of Christmas, so these colors doesn’t mean that much. Yellow, which is being highlighted and emphasized, mean that the gift is meant for me, since yellow is my favorite color. This mystery “J” person must have gathered accurate information about me that he or she caught my taste.

            I remove its wrappings and open the box. It is a very nice heart-shaped gold pendant which is about two conjoined coins in size. And this gold seems real!

            As I keep on examining it, I notice that you can open it. So, I did open it. It splits into two hearts, the left and the right. I see the letters “MJ” embed on the midst of the right heart, bright silver in color. I close it and take a glance at its wonder.

            I got to find this sender, I think. I should. The sender of the teddy bear and the sender of this pendant is just one person. He is that mystery “J” person. I should at least thank him. This is one of the most special gifts I have received this year, what makes this more special is the gold color. Well, gold and yellow belong to one family of colors " wait, I think someone’s watching…

            I turned my head to see through the window. The wind blows so hard as if someone has just tried to hide nearby. It must be the one watching me, so I rushed to the door and came to see nothing.

            Wind blows again that brings dust to my eyes. I rubbed my hands against my eyes until I feel better and that’s when I notice that I am looking at the ground. I see another set of silver letters with a lace on the floor. I move closer to see it. It is another “MJ”.  Just like what’s inside my pendant / necklace, although this letters seem like the necklace itself. The person who must be watching earlier might have dropped this, and that means that he or she must be the one who sends me the gifts!

 

December 22, 2012 (Saturday)

            The next day, I see Johann with linings or marks on his neck at the park. He goes around and around ‘surveying’ the ground, maybe looking for something. It seems like he had a necklace snatched on his neck. He looks upset, as if looking for something sentimental.

            “Hey, what happened to that neck of yours?”

            “I lost a necklace. I mean, my necklace is gone.” He said while going in circles…

            “Aw, too bad, I could help "”

            “No, don’t. I can handle this.”

            My suspicions about him being that mystery “J” person increases now. He lost a necklace? Let’s connect it with the necklace I saw yesterday. Does that mean…?

            Is he that mystery “J” person who sends me the gifts? Well then let’s find out…

            “Johann, we need to talk…”

            “Well, what should we talk about?” he hardly looks at me as he still ‘surveys’ the ground.

            “I just need to talk to you… Look…”

            “Maurice, I’m busy…”

            “This is important.”

            “What for? Just… can’t you see I’m upset? I lost something of value!” he tries to keep calm, but I am a person of persistence, so “I said this is important.”

            “Maurice, can’t you understand?” he stops what he does and looks at me. “Set that aside for a while, okay?” he say which is almost like a yell. “I just lost something of value! And I am desperate to find it now or I can go crazy!” his tone is really high which summons moist in my eyes “I know I love you, but can’t you just give me time for myself?” his tone gradually lowers now. “Only a little time, okay?”

            “Fine!” I shout as I walk out. He lost his patience, I lost mine. I don’t know where to go, but I keep on walking as long as I reach some peaceful place with my eyes moistening and it’s probably red in color now. I’m not used to be yelled at. It hurts me emotionally. I’m desperate to thank this “J” person and now that I’m almost close to finding who this is, what do I get? A yell which I hate the most…

            I just find myself in a certain area of the park, standing on a bed of fallen dried leaves which fell from the trees around. It seems like I’m in the midst of the forest, but as you continue to look around, it gradually becomes obvious that I’m only in the meadow near the park where only small rays of the sun light the place dimly. Yes, I’m in the meadow. I let myself fall to the bed of dried leaves, with my hands on either sides, and I lie on it. The small view of the cloudy sky is what I see then I close my eyes, trying not to cry because of what Johann has done. I hear stupid noises from nowhere, but I don’t care. I just want to focus.

            “You know, someday I’ll fly up high and soar around the skies above like that airplane above us.”

            There he goes again. I open my eyes to see him, and I can’t just flash a hell of a smile because my negative emotions get in the way. He also drops and lies beside me, with his arms bent as supporter for his head. Those act like pillows. I look at what’s above us, an airplane, soaring like an eagle around the high sky above. So that makes the stupid noises that came from nowhere.

            I see small laces around his neck, and it directs to his chest. I want to think that it is him. I mean, I want to think that Joshua is that mystery “J” person, but thoughts about that will only lead back to what happened between me and Johann a while ago which I can’t get over of.

            “I know, Josh.” I say while closing my eyes again, focusing my tears in my eyes to prevent it from falling down. “How did you get here?”

            “Instincts.” Instincts? What’s the point?

            The airplane is gone, and it brings the breeze of silence, making the trees shake with sounds like that of an audible whisper, causing more brown dried leaves to fall on us, but we just remained still and motionless, ignoring the leaves around.

            “You can share it to me, you know…” he utters that break the silence between us.

            So, he knows that I’m almost crying. This is maybe brought by the power of instincts.

            “I prefer keeping this within me alone.” I say as I wipe the tear that just fell from one of my eyes with the ‘root’ of my finger.

            “Let me guess… Is that because of what happened between you and Johann a while ago?”

            I’m still not looking at him, trying to contain my emotions. I just remain silent for a while then he was speaking again.

            “Silence means yes.”

            Still, I remain silent and it’s true anyway, so let it be.

            “You love him, don’t you?”

            That sends my head turning to him, with my eyebrows almost touching each other, and I see him with his head turned to me. He was silently laughing, but I think nothing is hilarious.

            “I don’t. I just can’t.” I seriously say as I turn my head again that lead me to face the sky…

            “Why? He is a good guy. It just happened that he is pissed off…”

            “I love somebody else, and it’s not him.” Once again, I turned my head to face him. We’re now stuck at the glances of each other, as we sometimes do.

            “Then who?” he asks me eye " to " eye.

            I just remain silent and still stuck looking at his eyes, until I think that if I tell him, I know and I won’t expect any good things to happen. I think I have told you why. I’m just one of the persons that make up a little portion which never had a big proportion in his life. That sends a tear of mine rushing from the other eye across my face like how a raindrop falls to your face and makes its own way down to where gravity takes it.

            Silence follows. It’s awkward, so I turn my head to face the sky again.

 

         It’s almost 6pm when I went out the meadow with Joshua. We had small chitchats as we were lying but I try the best I can to divert the topic into those which keeps tears away and that means avoiding the topic about the identity of that mystery “J” person. From time to time my heart beats fast as he does sweet things which make me feel ‘in love’ and gives me the ‘inside chills’.

            I don’t feel like going home yet, so I stay, sitting on one of the benches of the park, and waiting for the sun to set on the horizons far away. Well, Joshua insisted to also stay. We are sitting together, with only a few inches between us. I can now bear a smile. The orange light given off by the sun as it sets makes me feel happy and good inside. Somehow, it makes me forget what happened between me and Johann. Anyway, he’s been gone. Maybe after what happened between us, he left. Oh well, I don’t care.

        The orange sun seems to increase in size as it sets, although the light decreases, resting on the valley between the two mountains on the horizons far ahead.

            “How do you feel now, Mau?” he asks me.

            “Better, thanks to you, Josh.” I say as I still keep on looking ahead.

            He’s maybe surprised by what I did next. I leaned closer and gave him a warm hug from his side. I clasp my hands together at his other shoulder and lean on the opposite shoulder. I can visualize that he is looking at me, although my eyes are fixated on what’s ahead. “Merry Christmas, Josh.”

            “Merry Christmas, Mau.”

 

February 14, 2013 (Thursday)

            It is Valentines Day…

            By the way, Johann and I patched things up just weeks ago and we are ‘friends’ again. He was sorry for yelling at me and hurting my feelings, he even said that he loves me. I did listen to him, since that is the least I can do for him. I told him that it is fine and I told him to forget everything that happened between us that afternoon at the park and with that we were okay again. He also said that he’s still willing to court me that gave me ‘puzzles’ in my mind. I can’t react to that and I just remained quiet. Oh, well…

            I sit on the vacant seat in our Social Studies Learning Resource Center (LRC) and I am just done writing something in my diary. I feel bored, but I let it be. I can't think of something to do now since I just don’t feel like it.

            A smile forms on my face as I see Joshua coming from a distance. He seems to come from nowhere but I don’t mind that. What matters is he is around to make me feel happy, as he always does.

            “Hey.” He greeted me.

            “Hey…” is what I greeted him in return.

            “What are you doing?”

            “Just some diary stuff…”

            “Oh, just like last time…”

            I saw him flash a smile and silence took over us for a while.

            “Happy Valentines, Mau…”

That makes me look at him. I am surprised that he greeted me with such. Oh well.

“Same to you, Josh, happy valentines…” I want to keep on talking, so I find ways to lengthen our conversation.

“Who’s your date?” I ask him.

“I don’t have a date, how about you?”

“Well, I also don’t have a date. But there is a person who I wanted to be with right now…”

“I guess you should at least be with him right now and treasure every moment, since those will be memories to last.” There is sadness in his tone, and I can see it through his eyes. I don’t have to tell him that who I mean is him. I just wanted him to know that I’m in love, deeply in love.

            “I think I don’t have to.”

            “Why do you say so?”

            “I just think that I don’t have to. And I don’t feel like it.”

            Then silence follows afterwards.

            I just take a look at the radiant blue sky above us. The clouds are barely present, and if you do see them, they’re like very thin sheets of cotton scattered around the sky, just distances away from the smile of the hot and bright sun.

            “We could be partners, you know…” He says which makes me turn my head to face him who tries to suppress a smile all along.

            “You’re joking.” I look at him, and he does the same.

            “I am.” Then we both laughed although nothing seems hilarious.

            Silence follows and I don’t like it. It gives me the awkward feeling. We are still stuck at the glances of each other, and something stirs inside me. I think it’s the feeling of being in love, and it feels good inside.

            Right now, I want to feel being fulfilled by pleasure and satisfaction, so I gently leaned closer to him. Closer and closer, I close my eyes until I felt the tip of his nose touching mine that my heart beats faster than it usually does. I can visualize him looking at me and I don’t know how he feels, but most likely he is confused. I can feel his warm breath on the top of my lips, under my nose. I can hear some noises around, but I set it aside until I felt a pair of hands on both of my shoulders that automatically halted me from trying to kiss him. I open my eyes and the first I see is his face with the ‘confused’ look. The sounds can still be heard, and I see him look above the sky and I did the same. I see an airplane passing above us through the sky once again.

            I look at him, and in his eyes I see that he longs to fly. I know that he thinks like a kid, but I just let him be. I love him the way he is.

            “Why did you do that?” he asks me as he turns and gives me a look.

            “I’m sorry, Josh. I just don’t know why exactly. Maybe my mind is fully ‘loaded’ that I can’t think of anything to do. I’m really sorry, Josh. I didn’t mean it.” I say as my eyes seem to move around uncontrollably.

            “Okay, Mau.”

            I know that I’m lying. I meant to kiss him, but it was interrupted. That’s what I’m thinking about all the time. I know that I’m not having any troubles with my mind, it’s just… that is what I think I want to do.

            “I just hope we will both forget what happened between us, Josh. I don’t want issues.”

            “I know, but I think, it’s not worth forgetting…”

            That makes me turn to face him again. Something stirs inside me, and I can still feel my heart, beating very fast. I think I’m kind of nervous. So I ask him “Why?”

            “I think I just can’t forget things like this…” then he looks down at the ground while I’m wonderstruck with my eyes unmoving and firmly fixated on him. “…because this is the first time I am about to kiss a girl.”

            Oh really? I never thought that a guy like him never had a girlfriend before! Well, maybe I’m just not the best stalker that I haven’t even gave a thought if he had any girlfriend.

            “Oh, well. This is my first time, though. Anyway, that doesn’t matter if you can’t forget this. What I just wanted is ‘silence’ about this. Do you get what I mean, Josh?”

            “Yes… yeah…” he says. I just really hope that he does understand.

 

            Afternoon, I am with Johann, sitting on the bench of the park. He said he has something very important to tell me so I asked him about it. Instead he gave me the time and place on where and when he would tell it to me. I just came at our ‘meeting place’ because I am eager to know what he’ll be telling me.

            We have been here for quite a while; having small chit-chats until eventually we came to silence.

            “Maurice…” he calls me so I look at him. He then reached for both my hands and held it with his.

            “I know that sometimes I’m giving you a hard time, and still you kept on understanding me…” he continues. “In return, I have never given up and as time passes by, I fall deeply in love with you. So now that the time has come, where love blooms like flowers in blossom, when two hearts become one, I ask you…” he says that gives my heart the warmth and makes me smile. “Maurice, can you be my girlfriend?”

            Only one thing is on my mind now that he has asked me. Joshua, I think. Joshua is in my mind.

            I know I love Johann, but not the way I do with Joshua, so I have one option.

            “Johann…” I say with my grip still on his hand. “You are kind and you have been a part of my life, and you became one of the people who cherish me. I always wanted to repay you for your kindness, but yet I can do nothing so I just do my best as the least I can do for you. If only I can follow my mind and not my heart then now I’m yours. But I’m so sorry, Johann. I love somebody else, and it’s not you. I’m sorry.”

            His face then turns red and so does his eyes. He really loves me, and I can tell through his reaction that he’s hurt inside. Terribly hurt. I also wanted to cry because I just can do nothing at times like this, and I can’t even comfort him. I can see the moist in his eyes and he asks in a hollow voice, not the angry one, which I think is worse, “is that so?” so I just look at the ground and answer him “I’m so sorry, Johann. I didn’t mean -”

            “No, no. I understand.” And he forced a smile. “May I know who this boy is?”

            “You already know him…” was all that I can say.

            “Ahh, so you mean Joshua. Don’t worry, I won’t do him harm…” which makes me smile. “You’re pretty good together. You do well.” And silence followed afterwards.

 

April 06, 2013 (Saturday)

            This is our graduation day. We held this ‘venue’ in the city’s gymnasium, which is just beside the park. There are tears here, tears there; laughs and smiles here, same there. Mood varies from here and there, but most of us are having the emotion of being both sad and happy. For sure I will miss my high school life. Priceless memories are formed during my high school days with my classmates, schoolmates, friends, teachers, even with Johann and especially Joshua.

            By the way, that leads me back to me that once was eager to know who that mystery “J” person is. As time passes by, it just seems like I get tired of identifying who that person is, but still I am very thankful for giving me gifts that make me feel special. I think about it every time and when I try to observe both Johann and Joshua, I come to see nothing with what I do which is senseless.

 

            After the ceremony, which happened to end earlier in the afternoon since the program started early in the morning, my classmates and I had a group hug, which is very warm. I almost cried when I see that some of them actually started to cry, and I saw one of my boy classmates who silently wipes his tears and he was just trying to ride on by making smiles. Our class adviser also came to and hugged us one by one. She had tears in her eyes and she even said that we have been a wonderful class. That’s touching.

            Johann even went to me and we hugged together. I felt his heartbeat, which is unusual, and it just means that he loves me. He still does. As I break with the hug, I see Joshua from a distance. He makes his way outside the venue. He is still on our white ‘toga’ and so do I. Johann may have seen the way I looked at him that he said “Go. Tell him now, before it’s too late. This is your first, last and I think only chance, Maurice.”

            I look at him again. “Thanks, Johann.” And I give him a quick hug again then I make my way with the crowd, rushing to where Joshua could be. That’s it. I still have to find him once I get out.

            I just find myself walking alone towards the bench I used to sit on in this park.

            As I reach it, I take a seat and looked at the wonders of nature which can be visibly seen around. Green grasses, big sturdy trees, many more wonders to see and the blowing of the cool breeze adds to the effect. This gives me a calm and peaceful feeling inside.

            “There isn’t any airplanes around, is there?”

            I know who that is by voice and the way he talks. He sits next to me and even though I am looking ahead, I can still see him through the ‘borders’ of my vision. The trees swaying in motion brought by the cool breeze that pass by and leaves falling from those trees seems like very special scenery for me and Joshua to do some lovely stuff around. It seems like we’re both in a scene of love in autumn.

            “There isn’t, Josh” I say. I turn my head and look at him.

            He is like a kid, with the sadness on his face, and his eyelids seem so weak that his eyes are almost closing. It’s cute to look at him that way, plus the factor that he seems to look like a 7"year old kid.

            Silence followed afterwards, as it always does.

            I must hurry. Time is running out! I should tell him.

            “Josh, there is something I want to tell you…”

            “Sure, what’s that?”

            “I don’t know how to tell it, but I just feel that I must tell it to you now. It’s now or never, okay?”

            “Uh " huh…”

            “Josh, I just want you to know that I am always there to see you even though I used to hide from a distance.” I say while looking at him. He turned his head and I managed to do that ‘eye " to " eye’ contact with him. By the looks of his face, he looks surprised, but he just keeps himself quiet.

            “I have been your stalker. Honest.” I don’t know what to do at this point, so I just focused and maintained my eye contact with him.

            “I tried to excel in class, even though it was not a success…” I gulped then continued “… I just want you to notice me, Josh. I really do.”

            “I even tried to kiss you once, do you remember it?”

            He is silent. On his face retains the ‘shock’ and ‘surprise’, but he responses to me by moving his head up and down as a sign of ‘yes’.

            “To be honest with you, I mean it.”

            He then breaks our eye contact and bows his head as he looks down to the ground.

            “Do you even know why I do all of these, Josh?”

            He raises his head and looks at me again, making the eye contact silently.

            “Because I love you, Josh. I love you so much.” I say with my eyes about to moisten. “I mean it.”

            I don’t know for what reason, maybe because of the happiness, tension and sadness that I feel within which brings the moist in my eyes. I am happy because I am able to tell him now. I am sad because I just graduated. I am tensed because I don’t expect anything after my confession. I’m nervous about what will be the consequence. I’m afraid to face it. I don’t think I can handle it if I get negative ones.

            “Mau…” he starts. “Thank you.”

            He then leans closer and gives me a lasting hug. That was warm.

            “You know, I also want to tell you something.”

            “Uh " huh…” is all I could say.

            “I would like to thank you for being such a wonderful friend to me, Mau; for the care, and for the love…” he says that brings a flash of a smile across my face

            “And I would like to say that I’m sorry, Mau. You know, I tried to feel the same way but I just can’t. I know I love you, but it’s just as a friend, Mau. So I’m really, really sorry.”

            When those words get into my ears, I just can’t react. I just feel like I’m frozen inside and out. I don’t know what to do now. Maybe let my tears fall and lament for what I got in return… The impact of his words seems like big stones thrown to my heart. When he said those words, those were just like the words he uses every day that seemed to be so easy to tell, and he just avoided looking at me afterwards, so do I. I’m terribly hurt inside, that I can’t take it.

            I am a person who tries to understand things, so I just kept myself calm and try to accept the realistic fact that we can never be for each other.

            “Okay then…” I say as I stand up. “I understand, Josh.”

            I start to walk when…

            “Mau…” I looked back at him.

            He also stood up. His hands move as if to initiate a hug. “For at least… maybe one last time… can I?”

            I wait no longer but I immediately rush to him, and as I hug him, my tears keep on falling so I whisper on his ear, “…always remember that in my heart you’ll stay, because I love you so much, and nothing can change that…”

 

            After that I just went to our house and locked myself in my own room. There I think about Joshua so much, that it keeps on breaking my heart all the time, and I let my tears fall freely. I think this is what they call a ‘heart break’, and I hate this. It seems like it kills me inside. What about his smiles? What about his behavior and the way he is? I don’t know but I just feel that there is something about that always.

 

July 07, 2013 (Sunday)

            Breaking News!

            An airplane happened to crash before it landed on Texas Airport, and sad to say, there were many victims. Some were dead, and some suffered from injuries like burns…


            The report continues on and I focused when I hear:

     Here is a list of victims who passed away.

          That was the interruption of the news team on television. I’m on the couch while eating potato chips.

            The names of the victims who died cinematically appear on screen.

          I watch, reading their names one by one, and then tears almost burst out of my eyes when the name of Joshua was included in those victims who died. I have both feeling of confusion and sadness. Just a few months ago, he broke my heart, yet my feelings toward him never changed. After that day, we never communicated again. So that was our last conversation. Just who could expect that to happen? I good guy like Joshua never deserved something like that! I can accept that we’re not for each other, but his death… I just can’t accept that he died that quick.

            I feel very weak right now. I just found myself falling to the couch, sitting weakly with my eyes very moist and my eyelids seem so heavy to feel.

            I badly wanted to go back in time and do everything to stop him from going, if only he had told me that he’s leaving. But I guess that’s the way it is. I wonder if he felt very hopeless on the short seconds he had left before he had died. If only I was the one in that plane instead and he was here, safe and sound, he could have never felt so hopeless, trying to strive between life and death, if he did. But I really wish that he didn’t.

 

August 03, 2013 (Saturday)

            I sit by my feet, making a distance between me and the cement floor as I face his name embed on the gravestone of his last resting place. I light a white candle with a match and place it on the ground just a few inches away from the stone that sealed him inside.

            “Josh, it’s been a while…” I say as I keep my tears from flowing.

            I am trying to be brave, and I think keeping myself from tears consider that, but I can visualize my face, my eyes and nose both red in color, as if I’m almost crying because of the feeling of sadness and sorrow taking place inside of me, and Johann comforts me by patting his hand on my back. Yes, we went here together.

Up until now, I just can’t accept that Joshua is gone. In my dreams, he always appears and seems to be happy. Well, he smiles at me, a smile that has always been the best I have ever seen. Well, in my dreams we never talk, I just see him smile. I think the meaning of those dreams is that he wants me to get over and move on. He wants me to know that he is happy there in ‘the other side’.

            “Thanks for coming to my dreams anyway, at least in that way, you tell me that you are happy there to wherever you are.” I say and I feel a tear that dropped from one of my eyes and I forced a smile. I am not really that brave and strong that I can’t even contain my own emotions and give in to them right away.

            “Well, I have come here to give you some presents…” I say as I take a paper airplane from my bag. “I know, it’s kind of funny and cheap that I brought you something like that here. But isn’t it your dream to fly up high and soar above the sky someday?” I say as I remember every moment when I saw him looking above the sky whenever there is an airplane. That makes another set of tears falling from my eyes.

            I also remember the times when we have our lunch together. How I badly wanted to go back at that times when he used to make me feel special even though he don’t feel the same way…

            I just close my eyes then…


            I also want to tell you that I miss you so much, Josh. I miss those times when we used to be together, when we have our lunch together, when one time at the park before Christmas we bonded together, how we both see the way the sun sets, when we seem to hide secrets to each other through our diaries like kids, and often you try to take a peek…


I say in my mind as if trying to communicate with him through that means and in that way, Johann doesn’t have to know about it since I won’t even bother saying anything. I still try to smile as a set of tears fell from my eyes again.


            …when you joked about us being partners in valentines and we almost kissed as well. And what I couldn’t forget, and even now I still can’t get over of, is when I finally had the courage to tell you that I love you at the park where we used to bond, but I got a negative response, which greatly broke my heart. That was the last time that we did talk to each other, the succeeding days were empty, just like now which is emptier, and it’s as if we’re back to being ‘lesser than strangers’ again. It keeps on breaking my heart, but I just keep on holding on, hoping that we will be like we used to, even if we’ll only be until that state of relationship.


            My moistened eyes are still closed and the grip of my hands to each other seems so tight that it’s like I’m having too much pressure on it, and I let it be.


            And lastly, I would like to tell you that my feelings toward you never changed, Josh. They are always the same, and they will always be, so I would like to tell you once again that I love you… so much… Well, I guess this is enough for now…


            Then I open my eyes, up until now I still try to keep tears away, even though sometimes they seem to be uncontrollable that they just fall from my eyes.

            “Maurice…” Johann calls me. “Yep?” is all I have for a reply.

            He then holds a brown book. It seems to be worn and used much. I have never seen him bring that one, but that book is familiar, so I ask him “What’s that?”

            “It is Joshua’s diary. To be honest, before he left, we had a talk. He said that I have to give you this when ‘the time comes’ and I guess I have to give this to you now.”

            I am confused. So, he wanted his diary given to me? Why?

            I take it then turn, facing his grave and I take my seat. Afterwards, I gently open its delicate cover.


            My name is Joshua. I am 16 years old. I live a very simple life, but I am a person who is used to be with crowd of people so most of the time I am surrounded by my friends and even some who don’t know me, and I am happy for that. My dream is very simple, to fly like those airplanes I usually see above the sky. It’s pretty childish right? But I guess that’s the way it is. Well, I think that’s too impossible, because I have a disease, a deadly one, which my family doesn’t even have enough money to cure it with the help of the doctor which I think is a specialist who resides to Texas, USA. Well, I have this friend of mine. I call her Mau, although her real name is Maurice. We are of the same age. She has a long black hair, cat-grey eyes and good stature and fair skin which I also have. I heard that I am the only one that calls her by that name which makes it better so that every time I’ll call her by her name, she would feel special. Well, let’s get to the point: I dedicate this diary to her. And most of the things written here are those that concern the both of us.


            That is written on the first page of his diary. He dedicates this diary to me? Well, I don’t know why. No reason is stated here, and I don’t want to be much of a feeler to think about this differently.

            I wonder what he means with ‘a deadly disease’.

            I flipped a few delicate pages until I get to a certain page…

                                  August 19, 2012

            I managed to talk to Maurice this day, and that’s thanks to the airplane which happened to pass by when I approached her. Airplanes serve as our connectors, and that’s why I like and love them. Since we only talk whenever there is an airplane around, I just always wish that airplanes were infinite and I wish that there were those to ‘connect’ us every day. I even insisted that we could be closer, but she just said “I know,” which doesn’t make any sense. Well, I recently found out that tomorrow is her birthday. So, I asked her what day is tomorrow. Probably she didn’t get my point that she answered me “Class day. Monday.” It was fun being with her anyway, and I like it.


            I flipped a page again and came to…

                                  August 20, 2012

            I woke up early, very early so that no one may catch me with what I did.

            I had been with Maurice in the afternoon. I saw her writing on her diary, so I just waited until she is done then I joined her company. I greeted her ‘happy birthday’ which I think surprised her. She asked me how I knew, and I have no answer, because I’m a pretty good ‘spy’ that I was able to know about her in a different way, but I lied instead and told her that I learned about her birthday “through Facebook” which I think just made some things worse that she was then led to think deeply. I lengthened our conversation by asking her “How many gifts have you got?” and I was glad that she was able to receive my gift. Well, it was just a nice yellow teddy bear which have a red ribbon by its right ear, rubber brown nose and dark marble eyes. It had a red heart, which had the letters “MJ” embed on its middle. Well, “MJ” simply means Mau and Josh, which is the combination of our names. Don’t question that, I just feel like it. I chose yellow as the teddy bear’s color because I just knew that yellow is Maurice’s favorite color. Well, I also had a green teddy bear that I secretly hid just to give Maurice’s teddy a partner.


            Tears voluntarily fell down my eyes as I read this. I can’t believe that all the time, that mystery “J” person is just Joshua, and he was very good in hiding that. But why did I know this now that he’s gone? I just can’t believe that he, who is usually with me, is the one that I am looking for, and I never even had the chance to thank him, and what hurts the most is that I only happen to know about this now that he’s gone.

            I flipped pages and read on some. He said that he had great times whenever he’s with me. He even mentioned that we became closer to each other, and that he noticed that I was observing him sometimes if he was that “J” so he would pretend as if he also wanted to help me. He also mentioned that he often caught me writing in my diary and how often he also writes in his.

            Eventually, the page-flipping led me to…


December 21, 2012  

           Again, I woke up very early because I sent Maurice a golden heart-shaped pendant with the embed letters “MJ” in bright silver colors inside. I watched her from a distance through the window as she opens it. I saw that she’s very happy of what she got so that gave me the feeling of contentment. Maybe she noticed my presence after a while that she looked through the window. Luckily, I’m able to quickly hide somewhere nearby where I am still able to see her, but too bad because of my rush, my “MJ” necklace fell to the ground. I wanted to get it so I may have one for my own, because she also do have one, as I’ve given her but she quickly rushed to see who’s outside, so I don’t have a choice but to let it be since I’m not ready to reveal myself yet. The wind blew that made her rub her eyes, most likely because of the dust brought by the wind, that I think led her to see the necklace. She picked it up, and she then kept it. How I wish I’d have a chance to get it back, but since it’s in her hands, I think I don’t have to worry anymore.


            He should’ve told me that he’s “J”. He should’ve told me, I may have thanked him as the least I can do.

            I flipped a page again…

                                  December 22, 2012

            I am so happy this day! First thing was I had a great time with Maurice the whole afternoon, and second was the good news my mom had for me. She said that by the first week of July next year, we will be flying to Texas to meet with the doctor and she said that he’ll help me recover. But I do think that I’m not going to be ‘back to normal’ again, and I accept the fact about that. Others who know me and my disease said that I will be cured but I don’t believe them, because I myself can feel that death is not too far to take me, and that it is drawing near. Oh, well, set that aside for a while, come what may.

            This afternoon, I saw Johann and Maurice from a distance, I think they have an argument or a small misunderstanding and I saw Mau running towards the meadow of the park so I followed her. The background was wonderful, and the ambience seemed so romantic, add the effect of only limited light from the sun’s rays. She closed her eyes as if she’s focusing on something. An airplane passed above us through the sky. Well, she didn’t seem to notice. So I started with “You know…” as I lied with her on the bed of brown dried leaves. She asked me how I got there, I just said “instincts” and I just hope that that does it. When the airplane was gone, I noticed that she’s almost crying. I know she’s bearing something inside so I tried to be a friend. I even joked about if she loves Johann which she denied. Then I asked her about who she loves. She just silently stared at me until a tear fell down her eyes. I never got any answer. We just stayed like that, had a little chit-chat and then she just stood up and left when it’s almost 6pm so I followed her.

            When the sun is about to set, we positioned ourselves so we could never miss any moment of the sun set. We had small chit-chats again until we stared at the amazing beauty our eyes could see, as the sun makes its way down and behind the two mountains far ahead in the horizons. I asked her how she feels, she told me she felt better and she thanked me then. Well, I’m surprised with what she did then. It made my heart beat faster since I think this is the first time we ever became very close to each other. She hugged me! And we greeted each other “Merry Christmas” which brings warmth to my heart.


            I see, that’s why he left on the 7th day of July, because he was supposed to fly to Texas for treatment. And this is a long one, but when I read it, it also brings warmth to my heart. The heat in my eyes intensified as a sign that I will really cry hard if I lose control, but I keep on reading until I reached…

                                  February 14, 2013

            Valentines!

           This morning, I had a pretty good time with Maurice in the Social Studies LRC. We greeted each other with “Happy Valentines” and we talked about who our dates were, as if we have any. If I’ll be given a chance, I would like her to be my date, but then she said that she wanted to be with someone special. In her tone lies the feeling of being in love. I can feel it, then I said that she should be with him then but she said that there’s no need to. I don’t know what goes in her mind, but it’s just… she’s being evasive with that topic. I jokingly initiated that we could be partners. Even though it seems to be a joke to her, I think, I mean it. With that, it led to us being stuck at the glances of each other. We almost kissed, and I almost gave in, but there was an airplane above that pulls me back to my senses. I should not do it. And before anything happened, we are both halted. I asked her why she did that then, and she said that she’s having hard time thinking, but I don’t believe that. She then asked for apology and to forget what happened which I eventually agreed to.

            Well, if she hadn’t tried to kiss me I still haven’t known. It’s pretty obvious since the start but I am a type of person who would look for a strong proof before believing my own thoughts because I want to be always sure of what I do. I knew from the start that she likes me, I’m not much of a feeler but I just said what I knew about. And when she attempted to kiss me, it was different. What I felt is love, which is worse.

            I love Maurice, I really do. In fact, I’m deeply in love with her, and I don’t know why. It’s just I don’t want her to be hurt in both inside and outside. That’s why even though I love her, and she loves me, I myself would be finding ways to protect her from the hurt which is brought by loss, because of my disease, which is deadly. I don’t want to specify the name of my disease, just think of it as a very deadly one. It is a silent killer.

            If I ever be successful in reaching Texas, will it be 100% sure that my doctor could help me be completely cured from my disease? If I undergo certain medications, can that be 100% successful? And once I reach Texas, will my parents even have enough for us to return? I am not sure about my answers, but my instincts tell me that I am not most likely to survive this.

    Well, if I would admit my feelings to her, do you think it will make any better? I think it won’t, because if she would know about it, she will love me more, and her love will go deeper and deeper and when I die, I just can’t imagine her in such indefinable pain brought by my loss. And I don’t want that to happen. I want her to excel in her life and just think about me like how she thinks of everybody else.


            This brings another set of tears from my eyes, I am happy, because Josh loves me all the time, but his love is just so deep that he is willing to sacrifice just to protect me from the hurt brought by the loss of someone you really love. I am sad, because I just knew that he loves me while he’s been keeping it all along, bearing it all himself, afraid for me to be terribly hurt.

            I flipped another set of pages. It leads me to this…

                                  April 06, 2013

Graduation!

         I am happy because I graduated this day, and I am sad because of what happened between me and Maurice. Well, we were at the bench she used to sit on in the park, and she told me that she wanted to say something. I let her be, and she started to tell me things until she got straight to the point and finally did say that she loves me so much. I was a bit surprised, because I never expected a confession to happen after the graduation. And I was not really surprised, because I know that she loves me as well. Things come into my mind after she said those words. Then I thanked her and gave her a warm hug. My heart went wild again, but I let it be, I don’t think that she could have felt it.

“Am I going to be completely cured after sometime?” “If ever I can go to Texas, can I still return?” “Am I going to survive this?” I asked myself on my mind with those questions, and I got only one answer. “No.” So, I tried being nice by telling her good things, like how wonderful she was as a friend, and then came the greatest lie that I had ever done all my life. I denied my feelings by telling her that I don’t feel the same way towards her, and she said that she understood as she stood up, but I think not. She don’t, she’s only trying to.

            Well, instincts have been telling me that that was our last conversation, so I also stood up and initiated a hug. I said that the hug was “at least for one last time.” Well, she waited no longer, and she flew to my arms and cried really hard. I could tell that through the sounds she made and the tears I felt on my back. Well, she said something I think I could never forget all my life, it was “…always remember that in my heart you’ll stay, because I love you so much, and nothing can change that…” I also can’t take it, so I gave in to what I felt and silently cried, until we broke from the hug.


            This made me cry as well, because I really believed him when he told me that he don’t feel the same way. So, that’s why he asked if we could hug for at least one last time, because instincts itself made him feel it.

            Truly, Josh had been a good actor. First, I really didn’t even think that he was “J.” Second, he acted just so well that I really believed that he don’t love me. But that was all because he loves me, and I think I don’t have to go discuss it because you know why.

            I stand up, with tears on my red eyes, and my nose and face pressured by my cries.

            I close the diary, I can’t take flipping those pages anymore.

            I give Johann a hug, and I sob on his back. Then the cool breeze comes like a loud whisper, so I look back at Joshua’s grave. The paper plane flies and what’s more fascinating about it is how it flies up to the blue cloudy sky and then I didn’t get to see it after a while. I think, in the plane resides the spirit of Joshua. It flies, and I hope it does soar around the skies above us, at least for Joshua. I close my eyes, and let a final set of tears fall. I hope that through that paper plane, he finally gets what he always dreamt about.

 

“… in my dreams I’ll always see you soar above the sky …”

“… in my heart there’ll always be a place for you for all my life …”

 

             Joshua, in my dreams I’ll always see you soar above the sky, as you always dreamt about. Our memories will become stories to tell, and in my heart you’ll always stay. Nothing or no one can replace your place in it. And since you’re in there, I can be rest assured that wherever I am, there you’ll be.

© 2014 Prime


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You have so much gusto for your age for short stories...your writing is crisp and yet pliable in its reading...the format standard yet new in a way that you put a new spin of a diary setting, as well...the story is melancholy in some part and heart breaking in the end...but what stood firm is the inspiration that life goes on, and to never forget the sacrifice made by others who've cared for you and in turn care for them, as well...nicely done. Bravo.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Prime

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much Everett DeValle. Part 2 of this story is under construction, anyway. It may be pos.. read more
Babe Roxx

10 Years Ago

You are most welcome, Gem...I'm proud to see that you are carrying a long tradition of Pinoys who wr.. read more
Prime

10 Years Ago

Thank you once again. I will post more of my stories after some time! Just look through my profile.



Reviews

It was an amazing piece. Its 4:35 in the morning here in India, and i can barely keep my eyes open after having a sleepless night, but this was so worth it! :)


Posted 9 Years Ago


Prime

9 Years Ago

Thankyou @Saumya. I hope you enjoyed the sadness and love in the story
wow. this is beautiful, just beautiful. that heartbreaking twist at the end, tho... i was hoping they'd get together but that diary scene really completes the story. This story is realistic in a way, which is great. keep it up, i look forward to reading more of your works :))

Posted 10 Years Ago


Prime

10 Years Ago

Thank you @FrozenPandas. The Part II of this story will have more twists and turns though I still ca.. read more
You know that you are in the presence of an amazing author when they can bring tears to your eyes. Amazing piece, I very much enjoyed reading it. I'm sorry, I am a bit late on catching up on the read-requests but I'm so glad that I was able to read this. This was truly a great, inspirational story. The biggest thing that you can gift to someone is sacrificing your own happiness/love for the other person. I felt every single emotion. Very well written. I applaud you.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Prime

10 Years Ago

Thank you for that review @TheLoneWriter. Yep, I often express how I really feel inside by writing s.. read more
You brought breath to your characters and that's not always easy. Their teasing ways, the longing and compassion. It was tied together in an easy flow. The diary at the end was so tender. You reached in and tore emotion from me as he shared his love with her. You have a lot of talent Prime, and you should never stop polishing it until it shines like the stars.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Prime

10 Years Ago

Thank you, again ! Hehe :D I was already writing the sequel of this story but I can't finish it yet... read more
You have so much gusto for your age for short stories...your writing is crisp and yet pliable in its reading...the format standard yet new in a way that you put a new spin of a diary setting, as well...the story is melancholy in some part and heart breaking in the end...but what stood firm is the inspiration that life goes on, and to never forget the sacrifice made by others who've cared for you and in turn care for them, as well...nicely done. Bravo.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Prime

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much Everett DeValle. Part 2 of this story is under construction, anyway. It may be pos.. read more
Babe Roxx

10 Years Ago

You are most welcome, Gem...I'm proud to see that you are carrying a long tradition of Pinoys who wr.. read more
Prime

10 Years Ago

Thank you once again. I will post more of my stories after some time! Just look through my profile.
Y'know, it's always refreshing to see a longer piece on Writerscafe - most people are only willing to read and review shorter prose and poetry, so this was a nice break.
This was very nicely written, and on a technical note, I like how you formatted this, it made it easier to read somehow... though the differing sizes in font was a little weird, but that's just me :)
Fine emotion in this piece, and you certainly have talent! Keep writing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Prime

10 Years Ago

Haha ! Thank you so much for that nice review LandRed. I'm going to fix it after some time, if I'm n.. read more
I started crying this is so emotional! I loved it!! I wanted her to be with josh!!!! She had been in love with him for so long and everything started to go right for her then bamm!!! Everything fell apart!! Well anyways great story:)!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Prime

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much RainDancer1997. Hahaha ! dont know what to call you, am sorry. Anyway, I was plann.. read more
RainDancer1997

10 Years Ago

:) your very welcome:) and a lot of people just call me RD
Prime

10 Years Ago

Ok. Thank you once again, RD ! :D
The title is so much captivating for me because this week it is my theme song in my page, Kabayan.

You have a long story here but I did finished it. It's really heartbreaking. Sometimes chance is not that kind for two people who fall in love with each other...

I love the style it is written- as a journal.
Keep writing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Prime

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the review ! Actually, it was a double diary, as my friends say it. And good t.. read more
Prime

10 Years Ago

And another thing. I started writing this after seeing the movie "PEARL HARBOR" which made me really.. read more
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Okay. Happy writing to you.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

590 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 17, 2013
Last Updated on January 1, 2014

Author

Prime
Prime

Sagay City, Region VI, Philippines



About
from Philippines ^_^ more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


luscious luscious

A Poem by seath