It's Magic --- PART I - Chapter 8

It's Magic --- PART I - Chapter 8

A Chapter by Prime
"

Welcome the threats of the story. . .

"

Chapter 8

 

        Where am I? What is this place? Who took me here? Why is everything so dark and… black? Well, how would I know? As soon as I set my body in motion, I realize that I’m strapped in a chair, body held down with some restraints I can’t get off by myself.

        “Hey, somebody help me!” I shout, hoping for some neighbors to come and free me. “Help! Help!”

        Well, just what happened before I was led here? All I can remember is I was walking by the village entrance late afternoon, right after Kevin ran, towards home, when I feel someone following me. I walk faster and the footsteps seemed to have increased by sound, and when I turned to check if who’s there, something has been injected in my arm. I haven’t even had the chance to see who did that because I just woke up here with blindfolds. For sure, someone took me here. Just who was it? And what is his/her purpose of abducting me?

        “Hey!” I cry out. “Help me here! Hey!”

        “You’re so noisy, you brat.” Like a doomed voice coming from around me nearby, it gets to my ears and sends shivers to my spine. I think, my mouth is kind of opened in shock.

        “Who are you?” I demand. “What did you do to me?”

        “Simple. But first keep quiet or I’ll have to knock you out with a sleeping syringe again.”

        The voice is unclear and completely strange to my ears, maybe technically altered by a speech device but my instincts tell me that it’s a girl speaking. A girl… is she the one who abducted me?

        I fall silent for a while. I’m scared, tensed, and horrified of whatever horror awaits me. And then I feel her taking the blindfolds off my head. I blink for a while and my eyes try to adjust with the environment. Everything’s dark, yes, but not completely black now. And belts are used to restrain me. My eyes look around for anyone, and see that there are two of them. Both are covered in black robes and cloak, their bodies concealed by something I couldn’t see much, and their faces are wrapped all over by a bonnet leaving their eyes uncovered which is more like a robber’s mask. One is at a distance, and one is in front of me.

        “W-who are you?” I ask with a trembling voice. “Why did you bring me here? What do you want with me?”

        Then the girl in front of me clicks something behind her cloak, “Simple, you brat. All we need for you is to listen, and follow everything I say…”

        I look at her directly in the eyes, and see to it that it is natural black in color. Or is it? The way it looks, if you look closely for long… instinctively, you can tell that those are contact lenses. And the choice of color is pretty good, pretty hideous.

        “So tell me now. I want to go home!” I exclaim. “I badly need to go home!”

        “Well, we’re just getting started yet.” She says calmly, voice still seems to be technically altered, or mechanically enhanced. “And there are rules you have to follow.”

        “Then tell me those damn rules!” I yell, feeling the flow of a tear from my eye, because I’m angry and scared, and yet I seem to be stuck in an inescapable situation.

        “Yeah, keep raising your voice, brat. Do you still want to see the daylight or what?” her tone speaks of sarcasm. “Just keep your voice low, and you will get out of this building alive.”

        “How can I just relax when I’m here abducted by strangers?” I still exclaim, not minding what she said. “Why did you take me here? What do you want with me? Tell me, and I’ll give you everything I can give, you b***h!”

        A hard slap from her palm goes to my face which silences me. “You don’t have good manners. You should not talk trash with strangers. Is that how your parents raised you?”

        And I’m enraged upon hearing her sarcastic compliment. I feel my blood rushing in my body, and I’m trying to get loose with the restraints then after that I’d reveal whoever who she is as I pull every single strand of hair from her head. But she just stares at me, and the weight of the chair is unbearable. It seems to be pinned to the ground of sorts that escape with natural strength is impossible.

        “How dare you?!” I yell, enraged.

        “Oh come on, little brat. Don’t rage in front of me. All you have to do is just listen to me and we’ll do nothing bad with you, you got it?” she says.

        “Then tell me.” I try to lower my voice as much as possible, to keep my patience, because trying any means of escape is pointless.

        “Simple. Well I would just like to impose some threatening rules for you.”

        “Don’t waste my time.” I say, demanding.

        “Oh, we have all night, my dear brat.”

        “Night? Then how long have you been keeping me?”

        “Don’t worry. It’s just about two hours ago when we captured you.”

        “Then �"”

        “Sssssh!” she didn’t let me finish, as she shows two syringes to me. “First rule, keep quiet. Or I’ll have to knock you out with a sleeping syringe again; or worse inject fast-acting poison.”

        I just shut up, and give her a nod but with narrow eyes and raging eyebrows.

        “Second rule,” she goes closer, and I’m enraged with that. Am I that weak to seem vulnerable as she goes closer? Damn!

        “You will forget what you see or what happened here, but never forget what we tell you, you understand that brat?” But my eyes immediately catch the shine of the silver necklace on her chest. I look at it thoroughly, but looking at her eyes from time to time. It has three letters carved on it, and as I read it, it spells “Yen.”

        I nod as an answer. “That’s IF you make it out of this place alive.”

        My eyes widen at the thought. So they could really kill me. But no, I just have to bear with my patience, wait for what they tell me, and get out of this place alive. I’d tell my parents about this then, so they’d take action.

        “And by the way, don’t even bother to tell your family about this, brat. Or should I call you by your name Katherine?” My eyes widen again. Is she a mind-reader? I just hope she’s not. And does she know me personally? Yeah, of course, that’s why she abducted me, but there are alternative reasons for my abduction other than that.

        “How did you �"”

        “Simple. I read your thoughts by your reaction in silence.” Huh? I don’t get it. “Now let’s get this business going. But let me remind you that telling your family is pointless. You don’t have any information about this anyway,” but I have. Well, if my family can’t help me with this, I’ll be the one to find out who did this to me. I have my first lead, the name “Yen.”

        “And you will just put them in danger.” She threatens.

        “How could you?!” I exclaim. Up to the extent of threatening my family, she did so. This makes me think that this girl, upon reaching that extent of threatening life, she must be of a high power.

        “You’re threatening me as if you could…?” I try to provoke her.

        “Are you testing me? Well, I’ll tell you, Katherine. I have my own ways.” And by the way her face armor flinch, I can tell that she’s making an evil smile. It sends shivers to me, again. Whatever the situation is, I don’t care. All that I have to do now is to get away from this person. My instincts are telling me that she’s dangerous.

        It takes a while before I realize that my jaw is dropped open in awe. “Go on.” I suggest.

        “So let’s make it clear first, you brat.” She begins. “First of all, you have to be quiet if I’m talking. Next, you have to keep what you see and what happened here right where it’s supposed to be, and asking for help is pointless.”

        “I know and I’d do. Now get me directly to the point.” I demand, to at least show courage even with words.

        “Well, there’s only little I will ask for you, Katherine.” She says.       “It’s a very simple favor but a very hard task to do for you, I know.”

        A very simple favor but a very hard task to do… now, what is she trying to say?

        “Tell me that ‘very simple favor’ and let’s get this over with. I have to hurry home!” I say with complaint. Well, I’m pretty sure Camille, mom and dad are worried of me by now.

        “You only have to stay away from two people.” I’m somewhat quite challenged by this.

        “From whom? And why?” I ask, unsure.

        “Stay away from Lawrence Foster and Kevin Smith.”



© 2013 Prime


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on December 27, 2013
Last Updated on December 27, 2013


Author

Prime
Prime

Sagay City, Region VI, Philippines



About
from Philippines ^_^ more..

Writing