It's Magic --- PART II - Chapter 12

It's Magic --- PART II - Chapter 12

A Chapter by Prime
"

Welcome to the second segment/quarter of the story.

"

It’s Magic

(My Soulmate)

 

Part 2

 

The Cities of Love

 

Chapters 12-23



  

Introducing:

Hannah Noels

Travis Clyde

Elizabeth Baxter

Gabriel Noels





Chapter 12

 

        The succeeding days move very fast, as if the good news was just yesterday, although it was about a month ago.

        Well, a voting poll was held in the 3D Department, and immediately Kevin was to go, his mates told me that he was the one of their best animation agents, with the two others. In the Theater Department, a voting poll was also held, and as they said, Mylene volunteered, there was another girl, and Lawrence was to go as well with another guy. So, the four of us �" me, Kevin, Lawrence and Mylene are all going to Amsterdam and Paris.

        We have been propped up, and guess what? My role is the major antagonist again! And I star alongside Hannah Noels and Travis Clyde as the lead stars. Lawrence’s role is my counterpart, my love interest, actually, and I think it’s… awkward for him, as I notice lately. And Mylene’s role is the confidant which will also antagonize me. Kevin? He’s with the other animation agents.

        We are set to do the filming for twenty-one days, and that means, sacrificing some units in our subjects. Well, that is three weeks of absence! Plus that we have an allowance of three days to explore and familiarize the scenic places. But I don’t mind that, I’ll just go with the flow of the story and whatever else. I’ll learn from it anyway: Come what may.

        By the way, when I asked for my mom’s consent, she immediately agreed, stating that this is such a big opportunity for me and my acting career. Well, she also implied that I could just do over-scheduling of my subjects once I return from the filming. And that I could continue my studies without so much delay.

        About the film production? Oh, they’re just local and just beginners in the multimedia industry, and they are trying to make this new film their big break for a good start, as Carla Ray said.

        Now, we just reached our destination, which is Paris of course! Did you ever wonder why it is such a quick jump of time? Well, nothing much happened since the last weeks. Well, the phantom stranger keeps on sending me reminders that I should avoid Lawrence and Kevin, but I just ignore it. In fact, I am always sticking closer to Lawrence, and not with Kevin, actually. Because I really notice that he and Mylene have been closer as well, that Kevin’s time has been altered between the two of us, and he would often hold Mylene’s hand, which… hurts inside…? True, it does. But I think he also makes it up to me by being sweet to me, and from time to time, we are lost �" only the two of us, alone, that I can’t avoid feeling magic around. Well, whatever this thing I feel for Kevin, I really must stop it, because this will lead me to more serious trouble with myself. And my relationship with Mylene has been pretty lost, that we are drifting farther and farther away from each other, as if we’re not friends, even though we are.

        Well, I really don’t know why she’s being like that, because what’s worse about us drifting away is she keeps on antagonizing me, unless when we do rehearsals with our script, in which we have to be formal. Well, she must love her character that she seems to be more like the antagonist that she won’t hesitate if the director asks her to do something which will “heat up” some scenes. Well, she didn’t just do that “heating up” and instead, she did violence, that I even got my hands gushed one time when we were doing our cat-fight scene. That moment, I realized that she’s going not just physical but also personal, so I also decided to really find out why she’s been like that with me, because if she continues on being like that, I can’t assure that she will just be the same as she is. I will fight back.

 

        Right now, we are free, as in free! Because of the three-day allowance… and guess what’s the best part of all these? Everything is under the expenses of the production company! Except for our personal belongings, of course �" like personal clothes, phones and whatever else, of course; well, some of our clothes to wear during the filming are sponsored by them as well.

        I look at Kevin; he’s just there, looking at the exhibits of the hotel that we checked in: The artworks, the sculptures and whatever else art-related. Well, it surprises me when he also turns to look at me and flash me a smile. It’s been a while since we have been like this, because since last week, I haven’t talked to him, and he also haven’t with me, and I then go to Lawrence for company. And it’s like… I miss him. I miss his hands, his arms, and his warmth.

        It takes a while before I realize that he is smiling at Mylene who just passed by me from behind, ruining my day as well. Then she comes to him, and I can’t bear seeing more of them after that so I walk out with a frown on my face and go to the comfort room.

        I turn, before he is out of my sight. He’s there, standing so tall, wearing a black jacket covering his white sleeves and brown leather pants, and then he’s gone with Mylene.

        I see and brace myself in the mirror, rinsing my face of anything. I see myself in a brown fur coat with a printed golden dress and white fit leggings. My face still wet from the rinsing, and as I wipe it off with the back of my hand, I immediately feel bad and see the moist in my red eyes. No, this can’t be.

        I wipe it off again and take a walk around out of the hotel. This is free time, anyway.

        I walk fast, and when I see an entrance of trees, I go inside, hastily walking towards what’s ahead of me, stepping on twigs that fall on the ground with the brown or yellow leaves. It’s autumn. And I’m relieved when I realize that it’s a meadow inside, with beds of dried leaves.

        I find a big tree, the biggest among those I see, and I head there and wipe off some dried leaves scattered around it to make room for me. Then, I lean my back against the tree; my head slightly tilted upwards as I close my eyes. This makes me remember the night with Kevin one time at the park, and everything that happened afterwards. The thought makes me smile.

        I am just like that, for quite a while, maybe half an hour or so, when I feel a pair of arms wrapping from my shoulder to my opposite one, pulling me close, and then I immediately open my eyes when my head drops on his shoulder, and his chin leans against my head, his arms still wrapped around me. The aura is very familiar, that I don’t even have to guess who this is.

        “Hey, Kate…” He starts the conversation.

        “K-Kevin…” I gasp. Right now, I think my heart races like crazy.

        “You’re staying away from me, aren’t you? I notice it lately, you know.” He says. “Do you have any problems with me? You can tell me, I’d listen.”

        “N-no, not actually.” I say, hesitantly, and he embraces me tighter. I miss this, you know. Not only this or his warmth, but him himself!

        “Then why are you avoiding me?” he asks.

        “H-Huh? Well, you seem to be always preoccupied, so why would I bother you?” I say, and I realize that I shouldn’t have said more.

        “Is that why you’re staying away?” he asks, but again, silence is my answer. “Let me tell you this. Between the two of us, you’re always the one preoccupied, by Lawrence, so I go to Mylene for company instead.” There’s an edge of seriousness in his tone.

        “Why are you telling me that?” I ask, confused.

        “Because I think, that’s the reason why you’re staying away.” He says with a soft tone. “And I told you that we are like brother and sister, right? Well, my fault… I should’ve done my part well. So, I’m sorry if I also don’t keep you company.”

        “I’m sorry if I also don’t keep you company, Kevin, my fault as well.” I say, straight from the heart as I break away and see him eye-to-eye. “I should’ve also done my part well.”

        “Yeah, Kate.” He says. “Let me ask you something, anyway.”

        “What is it?” I say, raising my eyebrows.

        “Did you miss me?” he asks sincerely. “Because I miss you, you know…”

        My jaw drops open in shock, and I move a little from him. I look at his eyes, sincere hazel sleepy-looking eyes. And seeing it makes me feel magic that I don’t feel anything bad at all, but the race of my heartbeat, and the truth. Well, I can’t help it.

        So I tell him, directly eye-to-eye, “I miss you, Kevin,” with a smile.

        And then he hugs me, real close and tight for quite a while, and he whispers in my ear, “I’d like us to be open to each other, Kate. So tell me whatever problems you have, and I’ll tell you mine. I don’t want you to drift away from me. I don’t want to lose you, Kate.”

        “Of course… For you, Kevin…” I say as we break from the hug. Then I pat his shoulder.

        “So tell me now, why are you staying away from me?” That reminds me, I really didn’t answer his question.

        “Tell me, Kate. We’re now open to each other, right?” He insists.

        “Well, it’s just…” I start, unable to find words. “You seem to have so much fun with Mylene!” I say with high intonation. That’s true anyways.

        “So, you’re insecure of her?” he says.

        “No!” I hastily answer. “Don’t lie to me,” he replies.

        “M… Maybe?” I say, unsure. Then I realize that I blushed, so my head tilts down.

        “Well, you should not.” I look at him, and he is smiling. “Because we have something together that I don’t just have with anyone, right?”

        And it surprises me. Although it feels awkward, it makes me feel… secure.

        “Don’t worry. I’ll make it up to you, Kate.” He says.

        I nod, still unsure. Then, we lean our backs together side-by-side against the tree.

        “I will always be your little brother, right? And you will always be my big sister.” He starts again in a playful way which is very cute of him to do. He then holds my hand, filling the spaces between my fingers with his as our eyes meet each other, “And you will always love me, as I will always love you, too.”

        Words just won’t get out of my mouth so instead, I give him a very sweet smile that I can manage.

        “You get that, Kate? You don’t have to be insecure,” then his grip tightens. “Because that’s what makes us together different from either one of us with any other…”

        “I… don’t get it, Kevin.” I ask, confused.

        “Can’t you see? We love each other, right?” he asks, which shocks me in a way.

        “Right,” I say despite the tension, but still with a smile.

        “That’s the point. We love each other, and we could never love others the way we do with each other. That’s what makes us together different from either one of us with any other.” He says, and automatically, I get his point. But, is he damn serious?

        “Because we’re siblings, right?” Much to my relief when he concludes with that question, but a part of me feels… a little bit of pain. Does he only love me as his sibling?

        “Y-Yeah…” I plainly answer.

        “So, starting now, okay? Don’t be insecure, Kate.” He says. “I’m all yours.” The last statement really surprises me.

        “Huh?” I ask in mock surprise.

        “I said I’m all yours.” He repeats. “Keep that on your mind.” And he pats my head with his free hand as he frizzles my hair. He smirks then smiles, and that is very cute of him to do.

        “I’m all yours, too.” I say, hesitant for a bit. “Because we’re siblings, right?” I know it makes no sense, and it’s out of the blue, but it’s a good thing that those words came out of my mouth, so at least, the mood brightens up from seriousness and weirdness.

        We both chuckle, then.

        “Come right here, Kate.” He makes a room in his lap as well, leans on the trunk of the tree firmly again, and I remember everything on the night at Clarkson Village’s park. Though in there, I was the one who made him lie on my lap.

        I did as he initiates, I lie on his lap, one of his hands catches mine, locks together, and his other hand fondles my hair.

        Later on, he leans his face above mine, his nose just inches above mine, and his lips above my forehead. “How’s this? Looks like the table has been turned…” he says with a chuckle, and I smile at him with colliding eyebrows.

        “Yeah, so you still remember that night at the park.” I say back.

        “Of course, that night is one of my special days.” And before I could react, he adds, “Because that’s when I found out about my big sister.”

        I smirk at him then, and I lift my head so my nose can hit his, as I hold his face with my hands, his hand still on one of mine. He also wraps his free arm around my neck, as if hugging me from behind. And then we play with our noses for a very short while, chuckling and laughing as well, until I yawn and so he does which causes me to put a halt on holding his face.

        “Do you feel sleepy?” he asks. And the sleepy-look in his eyes is greatly emphasized now that he’s really sleepy. “You can sleep there, you know.” His arm embraces tighter and he gently pulls me closer which feels comforting. Then his hand holding mine joins the other.

        “I will.” I say. “And I guess you’re my guard this time, Kevin.”

        “I am.” He says and smiles. “And I will always be.”

        “Thank you.” I gasp as I close my eyes.

        And silence follows after a while that anytime, I could drift into sleep.

        “I still miss you, Kate.” He silently whispers, but I heard it. My eyes suddenly open, and I see through his sincere sleepy-looking eyes, that he is longing.

        I am hesitant for a while; the silence is going along with the breeze of autumn carrying lots of dried leaves, falling on us. But I also whisper, loud enough for him to hear it, “I miss you, too, Kevin.”

        “I love you…” he says, but quickly concludes with, “…big sis.”

        I hesitate again, but it feels like I’m being unfair with Kevin if I don’t ride along, so I also say, “I love you too, lil bro.”

        He leans closer and I know what he’d do, so I just close my eyes again, and feel his lips on my forehead for long. But he seems to have no plans of taking his lips away, since it goes down to the spot between my eyes above my nose which feels good, which makes me feel magic.

        He lifts his lips for a while and plants me a soft kiss on the forehead again before finally locking both of our hands on my chest �" firm, warm, and indestructible.

        All the while, I felt magic.



© 2013 Prime


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on December 27, 2013
Last Updated on December 27, 2013


Author

Prime
Prime

Sagay City, Region VI, Philippines



About
from Philippines ^_^ more..

Writing