It's Magic --- PART II - Chapter 14

It's Magic --- PART II - Chapter 14

A Chapter by Prime
"

Weird. Confidant?

"

Chapter 14

 

        Her voice gets right into my ears and then I understand everything. So that’s it… That’s why she has been antagonizing me lately because she loves Kevin. No, she is madly in love with Kevin. And I am the obstacle to her love.

        “No, you are stealing him from me!” she hisses.

        “I’m not. And he had never been yours, from the start.” I say, right on her face. “So you don’t have any right to accuse me, Mylene.”

        She then forces a sarcastic sigh. “I’m sorry but I’m not accusing you. I’m telling the truth, Kate.” And I’m so irritated with that. It mocks me in a way.

        “Shut up,” is all that comes from my mouth as I prepare myself to go back to the hotel.

        “Are you just leaving? Don’t you have proper manners, Kate? Is that how your parents raised you?” and hearing it… enrages me.

        “You don’t have the right to question the way my parents raise me as well, b***h!” I yell.

        “Oh, don’t be so mad. You’re making it so obvious.” It greatly irritates me again. Just how can I counter her lines? “Anyway, let me tell you this. Always remember that if you think you can get Kevin for yourself, please be reminded that he would never be. I will make it sure.”

        “And if I could?” I say, to mock her, trying to raise my eyebrows as well. Well, I got this antagonistic style in the Acting Department.

        “I will make your life a living hell.” She says in her forced sweetest tone with a very meaningful smile. “You can leave now, stupid snake. Goodnight.”

        I sigh as I leave. “Nightmares to you, Mylene…” I whisper.

 

        After that night, I just spent my time reviewing the script and enacting my character the next whole day. As in, I joined the crews, director, co-stars and other production personnel in breakfast and lunch, but after seeing Mylene, my day seemed to be ruined by her sight smiling with something wrong behind that smile, so I am just silent the whole time, thinking about her issue with Kevin, that I forget about the people around me.

        “Kate, are you okay?” Lawrence pokes my arm. I just nod at him. Well, he’s beside me because partners are to sit together. We are starting our dinner �" the stars, to be exact. Kevin has been with the crew, director and other production personnel as well, since he’s an animator and an assistant planner as well.

        Well, now I know whom I will star alongside. There are Hannah Noels and Travis Clyde, who will play the lead roles; Mylene Carpenter and Lawrence for the supporting roles; Elizabeth Baxter and Gabriel Noels, Hannah’s older brother for other roles. Well, never forget the antagonist, which is no other than me, Katherine McGraw.

        The seven of us sit together, and they are happily chit-chatting except for me and Lawrence. I’m just silent because I don’t like the idea of sitting with others with Mylene around. I still can’t get over the confrontation. Well, Lawrence seems to be silent as well, and keeps his words little as possible.

        “Hey, Kate…” he pokes me again which finally takes me back to my senses.

        “Oh,” I say.

        “Is something wrong?” he asks. “Are you okay?”

        “I’m okay and there’s nothing wrong.” I whisper, so only the two of us can hear. “Excuse me, anyway.”

        Then I slowly stand up, not finishing the meal, and I put the spoon, knife and fork on the sides of my plate containing my meal untouched. I glance at Mylene who is hiding an evil smile across her lips and I immediately take my glance someway around.

        “Oh, won’t you finish your meal, Kate?” Hannah asks.

        “No need. I’m not hungry anyway.” I response as I force a smile. I give each of them glances. “Excuse me, again.” And then I walk out. I’m headed towards my suite.

        As I get there, minutes later, there is a knock on the door.

        I head there to unlock the door of course. And as I open it, I see Lawrence outside.

        “Hello, Kate.” He says with a smile.

        “Lawrence, what are you doing here?” I say with a soft voice. “Come in.”

        And as we walk towards the dining part of my suite, he says. “I just figured out that you needed a friend right now. Well, you know… I have noticed that you have been problematic lately. You seem to be not in yourself.”

        “Well, thank you for the concern, Lawrence.” I say as we both take our seat on the sofa. “But you shouldn’t have bothered yourself coming here. I can manage.”

        “Well, I’m burdened if I notice someone important to me, bothered and acting unusually weird.” He says, and I am a bit surprised by that. I’m someone important? But I let no reaction show off. He then takes my hand. “You can tell that to me, you know.”

        “Well, as I’ve said. I can manage.” Then I flash him a sweet smile. “Thank you anyway.”

        “It’s upsetting me, you know.” He says formally as he takes his hand away from mine. “Well, we are now in the process of production, so we should be free from problems and we should have clear minds to perform well, right?” he says again with a smile. And I know that he is right. He is not just concerned of me. He is concerned for the sake of the production. And the thought makes me smile. Lawrence is thoughtful after all.

        “Well, you’re right Lawrence. I shouldn’t bother myself too much.” I say.

        “Now, if you’d let me guess the problem, I guess it’s about Mylene. Am I right?” and his guess are surprisingly right.

        “How did you know?” I ask.

        “Well, I am the kind of person who can sense some things before they can even reveal themselves.” He shrugs then.

        “Huh?” I really don’t get his point.

        “Well, I just noticed lately… the way you look at Mylene. The way she looks at you. And the way she antagonizes you sometimes. I even know about this once when we’re rehearsing, when you practice your cat-fight scene. I can see the anger through Mylene, and the remorse through you.”

        It shocks me. Lawrence is an excellent and sensitive sensor. I look down.

        “Well, I just wonder if what is the root of that.” He says again. “Please tell me.”

        And the reason is pretty embarrassing, so senseless to fight about, so I just say, “Whatever problems I have with Mylene, it’s up to both of us if how we’d fix it. I know that it’d be okay soon enough.”

        And in his eyes lies the look of confusion and dissatisfaction.

        “Would you mind if I help you with that?” he asks.

        “Well, I can manage. Thank you anyway” I say.

        “Okay then.” He says as he prepares to leave. “I think I’ll go.”

        “Oh, sure…” then I walk with him to the door.

        As he steps out of my suite, he utters, “Good night, Kate.”

        “Good night, Lawrence.” I reply with a smile.

        He turns, and his concern has been driving me guilty. I wonder how I could repay it…

        Well, I’m burdened if I notice someone important to me, bothered and acting unusually weird. His words seem to play back in my mind, and it makes me smile.

        So when he starts to walk away, I call him. “Hey, Lawrence…”

        “Yeah?” he says.

        And I rush to him and give him a quick hug. Well, he seems to be confused until I break from it since he looks hesitant.

        “Thank you for the concern.” I say. “You’re such a good friend.”

        “Oh, don’t mention it.” he says. And I think… I saw him blush!

        “Anyway, I know that you can handle it, Kate.” He says. “I know you can.”

        “I know right?” I say, raising my eyebrows in an antagonistic way but in a playful manner. He laughs a little then.

        “Good night again, Kate…” he bids.

        “Good night, Lawrence.” I utter. I smile. He also does. And then he leaves.

        Well, Lawrence has been a very good friend, not just today, but since the start.

        I smile by myself, but as I close the door, I notice someone watching us from a distance.



© 2013 Prime


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on December 27, 2013
Last Updated on December 27, 2013


Author

Prime
Prime

Sagay City, Region VI, Philippines



About
from Philippines ^_^ more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5