It's Magic --- PART II - Chapter 15

It's Magic --- PART II - Chapter 15

A Chapter by Prime
"

Dare.

"

Chapter 15

 

        There are two little children happily playing in the park, which started on the swing and continued on revolving wheel stand, slide and whatever else that you can play with on a children’s park. Later on, there is a car that stops on the side of the park, and then the boy has to go. He gave the girl his half pendant and kept the other one in himself, but before that, he shows the girl the other half. Then when he’s finally leaving, the girl rushes to him and gives him the yellow pendant as a sign of remembrance. And then they kiss together, and as years pass by, they are just kissing, and I can feel his lips against mine. And when I open my eyes after the kiss, I didn’t get to see his face because he turns away as he vanishes with the thin air so I didn’t get to see his face. Later on, someone also covers my face, and everything’s black then… I can’t breath, I can’t see anything, I can’t move…

        “Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!” I scream, driving me back into consciousness, jumping to bed half-lying �" half-sitting quickly and then giving out a sigh.

        Whew, what a dream! But it has a point though; it seems like it’s the cycle of Ron and my love story. But I failed to get even just a glimpse of his face when we’re grown up, because he’s gone.

        I immediately search for the cold pendant behind my clothes. And as my hand gets a feeling of my chest, I realize that my heart is beating extraordinarily fast. I pull the pendant out, the moon illuminating the shiny gold of the half-moon-shaped pendant so clearly. And as I close my eyes, I remember Ron, and my dream, and our kiss in my dream.

        I may have tried to deny and hide my feelings for Ron, but do I still love him? Does the kiss mean that there is still love? Yeah, I have tried to deny and hide my feelings for Ron, because if I am to love somebody who is real and here, I should finally move on and stop my feelings for the other. I thought that I have finally convinced myself that my love for Ron has been totally gone already, but I guess the dream is just a reminder that it hasn’t.

        Well, what about the part in which something covers my face? Does that mean that someone is trying to lead me away from Ron? Or does that mean that I’m being blinded? I don’t know. But what I do know is that I should just make Ron a living legend inside me, and that he’s not coming back anymore, forever.

        I check my phone, and see that the time is eleven in the late evening. And do you know what I’m thinking? All I want to do is just to get away from the dream, so I have to be awake for a few hours. Even just for this night, I hope I could get away from the dream.

        I get out of my suite, silently and stealthily walking along the hallway illuminated by the chandeliers above me, towards the Brewery room two floors below to get creamy coffee for myself. But when I get to the entrance, all lights are turned off, and the door is closed.

        Seems like this won’t work, so I guess I need someone to talk with. And that someone is definitely not Mylene. ARRRRGH! That girl! I’m still irritated with her talking trash with me last night. And not Lawrence as well, he had been so concerned and bothered this day, so I guess he won’t be a good choice. Not Hannah and Travis either, they have to rest because tomorrow, they will be propped up early for the first scene to be shot. Not Elizabeth and Gabriel either, I’m not close with either one of them, and definitely not with the crew and the production personnel! So I am left with no choice, but with the guy whom I already miss, the guy who would spend time with me, the guy who would be my little brother and guard, Kevin.

        I go up on the third floor where Kevin occupies one suite.

        As I reach there, it’s a lucky thing that his suite is slightly open, and there are streams of pale light from inside. Maybe he forgot to lock the door when he got inside, and maybe he is still awake, or maybe he has gone outside. Well, there’s no harm in checking, anyway.

        I knock, but there is no response, and at the second time, there is still no response, so I decide to trespass instead. Maybe he hasn’t heard it.

        I slowly push the knob open and I tiptoe inside with careful steps.

        “Kevin?” I call out in a soft sing-song voice. “Kevin?” I call out again in the same manner. But still, there is no response. It can’t be that he’s outside, because the air conditioner is on. And he is not the type to leave things unattended.

        I move farther from the door and then I see him, crouched sideways on the bed, his hand stretched for the table beside his bed. He is asleep. I come closer, and there I see his sketchpad with his box of colored pencils on the table. He must have fallen asleep while drawing.

        I look at his face. It’s so peaceful, childlike, and angelic. He is just breathing normally and motionlessly. His closed sleepy-looking eyes speak of innocence, his nose and red pouty lips speak of silence. I sit on the space beside him, and then I gently brush a few strokes of his hair away from his forehead, which is clear, skinny and fair. I slide the back of my hand across his cheek, and then touch the space between his lips with my finger. I smile. He is someone very hard not to fall in love with. Oh, Kevin.

        I take his hand from the table, and as I hold it, there is force from him himself, indicating not to move it. But I’m persistent, so I fill the spaces between his fingers with mine, and I remember what he used to do whenever he’s conscious, and the force gives in. I gently put his hand on my side, and then I notice that he’s cold. His palm is warm, but his skin is giving off warmth, which means that he’s cold inside. So I immediately find the blanket, breaking the connection between our hands and I put it over his feet until his chest. I look at him once more, and I can feel my crazy heartbeat again. Well, I can’t stop myself; I can’t stop what I really feel.

        I feel the race of my heart beat again, yet I go on. I lean closer to him, aiming for his lips, but that would be a stolen one, so I kiss the tip of his sharp nose and his forehead instead.

        “Sleep tight, Kevin. Sweet dreams.” I whisper, and I feel him shrug, but as I look at his closed eyes, I can see the innocence and that he’s unconscious. He doesn’t know about this.

        I move away from him, the smile still on my face, but what gets my attention is his sketchpad. It must be his new pad, because the contents are never before seen ones. I see his drawings �" ice creams, the fountain outside the hotel, the picturesque meadow, and a colored sketch of two hands holding together. I blush after seeing that, because I know what this means: he never forgets whatever he does, but what hurts me a bit is that I am not the only one with the hands which Kevin holds, but also Mylene, and whoever else.

        I flip a page and it surprises me. What I see… is a half-moon-shaped pendant, with its golden brass necklace. Wait, does this mean that Kevin has that pendant and that he is Ron? Oh my -!

        I pull out my pendant from behind my clothes and compare it with my drawing. Pretty exact, and that makes me think, how many times did Kevin see this?

        One �" one time, months ago when we were walking towards our village’s entrance… Two �" one night under the moonlight when we slept beside each one on the park of our village. I still remember him pushing it against my chest. Well I’m sure that he saw it because it was outside my clothes. And I realize that I’m jumping into the wrong conclusions again.

        Kevin is a kind who can remember things clearly, and because he remembers them, it is likely that he can visualize it and in order not to forget it, he draws it. Right, Kevin has good senses and memory.

        I take one look at Kevin’s peaceful face while sleeping, and upon seeing his face makes me smile. Then, I tiptoe outside of his suite the way I came in, and I head back into my suite.

        I am trying to do anything just to get away from sleep, like reading and enacting my lines as the antagonist, trying to do lettering, and playing music from my mp3. But music has the greatest control over me, so after almost an hour of perseverance, I drifted off to sleep.

 

        I wake up the next morning realizing that I didn’t dream again, because I’m too tired of what I did last night, so I didn’t have time to clear my thoughts and so I didn’t dream for good.

        By the way, today is the propping up of Travis and Hannah as the main characters for the shoot, and also a free day for the rest of the characters and some production personnel, like Kevin. Well, I have nothing much to do today so I guess I’d take my free time enjoying…

        I rise and then go downstairs, not to join them in breakfast, of course, but to go outside, and as I am getting out the building, someone calls me from behind.

        “Hey, Kate…” I look to who calls me. It’s Lawrence. “Where are you going?”

        “Oh, Lawrence. I’m going out!” I say, brightly.

        “Do you mind if I join you?” he asks.

        “No, not really.” I say. “Let’s go!” then I take him by his wrist and then we go to the nearest biking station. But as we enter, I see Kevin on the bikes area, choosing which bike to take. I smile upon remembering last night, his angelic child-like face… Oh, Kevin.

        He turns to us, and he waves his hand.

        I also wave mine with a bright smile, and Lawrence maybe does the same.

 

        The three of us spend the morning together biking around the allowed areas �" on such large fields which were so spacious not to enjoy on. And it felt like I’m torn between two persons when I was in the middle of them and they were on both my sides as we were biking. But it was fun anyway �" especially when Travis and Hannah joined us �" and plus the factor that Mylene is not around.

 

        We joined them on lunch, and it felt ignoring Mylene all the time as well. She even spilled her juice on herself trying to make an issue, but she failed. Maybe she just needs attention.

        The afternoon was pretty busy as well, since we were all ordered to pack our things and we should leave after Travis and Hannah finished being propped up. Well, the crew said that some scenes will be filmed on the “Autumn Forest,” as I call it, for three days again starting tomorrow. Well, this time, I’ll have to take my part as the antagonist.

        We’ll be staying on the available dimly-lit cottages for the meantime as well. A cottage is for us �" teenagers and stars, and another one for the older crew, and another one for all the necessities needed to shoot.

        We, the stars together with Kevin and someone younger from the crew I don’t know are to room together, as ordered.

        Night falls when everything’s set. I mean, we are all just done preparing for tomorrow, our things are already fixed, and our beds are all prepared for us to sleep as well. The day was tiring, so we have to rest as we have to start shooting tomorrow as well.

        But Hannah brings up the idea of spending the night for fun. We’ll play “Spin the bottle!”

        We make a circle on the floor of the dimly-lit cottage, sitting next to each other. There are nine of us playing. And the rules are: one �" if the bottle points at you, you’d do whatever the turner of the bottle wants you to do. The turner of the bottle is the one asked past the other. This is pure fun anyway, and difficulty varies as well; two �" do the dare wholeheartedly, and honestly, if necessary. Well, I think the latter mentioned rule makes no sense.

        Anyway, I guess this will be fun!

        “Go spin the bottle!” Travis says in a masculine voice which is funny to hear so we are chuckling as he spins the bottle. It points at Elizabeth.

        “Hi Elizabeth,” Travis says teasingly. “The dare is…”

        And Travis flashes a mischievous smile in which you can infer that he’s up to something fun yet difficult. “Okay. I dare you to do the CARTWHEEL!” he yells.

        Lawrence and Mylene then laugh. Maybe they know something.

        “Travis…” Elizabeth hisses. “I hate you!”

        Huh? She hates him? Why?

        “Just do it, Elizabeth…” Travis says teasingly again. “For us…”

        “Okay, fine!” Elizabeth yells, and then stands up. Her face is red. I wonder why. “Move,” she hisses to those ahead of her.

        And then she prepares, and as she does the cartwheel, instead of tumbling towards the other side, she hops and then rolls on the ground which is totally unexpected. We all laugh, but Gabriel is there to help her.

        So that’s why Mylene and Lawrence are laughing, and that Travis is teasing her, and her face is red of embarrassment, because she doesn’t know. She must have some trouble with the cartwheel in the Theater Department.

        She stands then goes back to her place, to the right of Lawrence, which is beside me to the right, embarrassed.

        “I did it, okay?” she hisses again. “I really hate you Travis.”

        “I know, but don’t worry. The feeling’s mutual.” Travis replies.

        And she spins the bottle again, and this time, it points to Travis. We all laugh our heads off. I guess she’d have her revenge. And I’m right. She makes Travis dance or do “The Harlem Shake,” which is very funny to look at, because Travis doesn’t have any talent in dancing. And as he does so, it’s terrible!

        Travis spins the bottle again and it points to Gabriel. And he asked him to sing. But Gabriel has a very… beautiful voice. Yeah, a beautiful voice… But do you ever know about the term “inverse description?” That’s the case for Gabriel, that’s why we are all laughing.

        Gabriel spins the bottle, and it points to Hannah. He asked her to do at least ten push-ups. She does, slowly, but she is breathing hard afterwards �" over-fatigue.

        As she spins the bottle, it points on Kevin.

        “Okay… Since Kevin is very mysterious to us, let’s just draw one of his secrets out.”

        “Okay? How, anyway?” he asks. “I believe this is all dare. Not truth or dare.”

        “Well, I dare you,” Hannah says. “…to kiss the prettiest girl here in the room, honestly.”

        And that hits me which gives me a feeling that is pretty weird. It’s like my insecurities are going inside me again. All the girls here are pretty �" I’m one of them, of course. *wink*

        But one has to be the prettiest.

        “Okay.” Kevin says with a smile. “I’ll do it.”

        And then he stands up, but much to my surprise is… he kisses Mylene’s cheek.



© 2013 Prime


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on December 27, 2013
Last Updated on December 27, 2013


Author

Prime
Prime

Sagay City, Region VI, Philippines



About
from Philippines ^_^ more..

Writing