It's Magic --- PART II - Chapter 19

It's Magic --- PART II - Chapter 19

A Chapter by Prime
"

The sweetest dances.

"

Chapter 19

 

        He’s there, standing so tall, arms crossed and looking at me with his sleepy looking eyes. And seeing him speeds up my heartbeat, which never changes whenever I’m with him.

        “Kevin? What are you doing there?” I ask him with a prepared smile.

        “I think I’ll be much of a distraction if I join you and Lawrence, so I just stayed here. I don’t feel like going through and mixing in solemn conversations, anyway.” He says in a sleepy voice which sounds arrogant. But swear; now I do believe that a boy’s sleepy voice is the sexiest s**t ever!

        “Oh, you should’ve joined us.” And my conversation with Lawrence resurfaces in my mind that I guess it won’t be a good idea, because Kevin might know “that” right now. Oh, s**t… wait! How long has he been there listening, anyway? Maybe he heard all of those already?

        “I wouldn’t.” He stubbornly says, eyes still locked on mine.

        “Well, it’s up to you. How long have you been here anyway? Have you heard those matters that we talked about?” I quickly ask.

        “I… just came here. So I haven’t.” He says in a stubborn and arrogant manner again which makes me feel something different, something… wrong.

        “Kevin, is something… wrong?” I ask, because something seems to be not in place.

        “Nothing.” He plainly answers. And it’s not like him to just plainly answer.

        “Kevin… I know you…” I say. “You can tell me, you know…”

        But he just looks at me and let silence pass.

        Well, I know how to make him talk. So I add, “If you won’t, then it’s okay. But I can’t deny that I will feel bad as long as I don’t know about that.”

        And the stubborn look on his sleepy-looking hazel eyes subside as it changes to the eyes that speak of worry. Well, I didn’t know that I’m that good with words.

        “Well, I’m… I’m sorry, Kate.” He says with his natural /slash/ beautiful voice, but the sleepy tone is still on, which is so sexy to hear, and he looks down. “Something’s not going well with my mind, you know. Something’s not right. I think I’m just back from a dream.”

        “Oh? Why? Are you sick?” I quickly ask because hearing that gives me a weird feeling.

        “I’m not. It’s just… I thought of many, many things. Things that I don’t think I know… Things that hurt not just my head, but also here…” he says as one of his closed fists bumps itself twice on the left side of his chest �" his heart. “I just don’t understand myself…”

        “Well, it’s gonna be all right, Kevin, okay? Just take a rest �" or much better, sleep. It will just pass.” I say, caressing his trembling arms with my hands.

        “No…” he says, and his eyes close difficultly and the force on the palms of both his fists increases. “It’s been going frequently for the past months. Since… Since…”

        “Since?” I say to calm him down. “Come on, tell me, Kevin.”

        But as his trembling stops, he gasps, “It’s gone…” and I’m relieved.

        “It’s gone.” He repeats then opens his now red eyes and looks at me as streams of tears flow from both of his eyes. And seeing him like that reminds me of that afternoon �" the first time I saw Kevin Smith cry. The same cry. Maybe this is somewhat connected to that afternoon? Well, I don’t know.

        “Kevin, why the tears?” I ask as I hold his cheek with my right hand and my thumb then wipes away those tears. His left hand gently holds my arm as I do that then.     

        “I don’t know. I don’t understand.” And the look on his eyes switches to that ready to cry. And already seeing him with tears seem to hurt me as well, so before I could see another set of tears fall, I pull him, gently put his chin over my shoulder, rub his back and hug him tight as he cries. And the tightness of our closure lets me feel his racing heartbeat which beats just as fast as mine.

        I didn’t know that this hug would be tighter when his arms embraces more of my back so I lean my head sideways his shoulder as well, letting my hair touch his warm cheek, and we both sway slowly.

        And it’s just that, for very long that I think three minutes have already passed, our position unchanged.

        “Better?” I ask.

        “Better.” He confirms, the sexy s**t of his sleepy voice still on.

        “So, would I let go now?” I ask again, jokingly.

        “No. I’d like to stay this way longer, Kate…” And his answer tells me that he takes my joking question seriously. So I just response by saying, “okay.” Well, I just LOVE doing this.

        Fifteen minutes may have already passed, we just keep on swaying, my hands still gently rubbing his back, and we have never talked in those minutes of extreme closure. But I really must let go, or else I can’t sleep.

        I easily break from the hug as the grip of his arms loose a bit. And much to my surprise when I see him… he fell asleep! Well, I didn’t know that my skin could be that comforting…

        I smile as I just look at him, my arm stretched towards his waist to keep him from falling, well, I should put his welfare before mine. Going upstairs as I bring the unconscious him alone wouldn’t be just a task, as he has quite a weight. So I could only think of the nearest spot he could sleep on for tonight �" the tree.

        I gently make him “side-hug” me, so I could carry him over my back, and I slowly move, towards the tree. As I reach there, I put him on the spot Lawrence sat on a while ago and make him lean his back against the tree. And when I’m sure he’s fine, I stand up, but before I could go, I realize that I can’t just leave him out here alone, tonight. And I won’t, either…

        So I also take my place beside him, to where we used to be last night. He’s cold, as his skin is giving off warmth, but lucky thing is, I’m not on my pajamas, but rather in casual attire that I have a thick warm overcoat. I take it off and put it over his chest downwards. His head then falls to my shoulder by itself, and I just let it be. Then I wrap my arm over his as I hold his hand �" filling the spaces between his fingers with mine �" as he used to do with me, to keep him warm. And before I stay still, readying myself to fall asleep, I give his forehead a good night kiss which lasts until he shrugs �" so I had to move away �" and then I yawn.

        Off to dreamland.

 

        I wake up the next morning, feeling the jacket over me. Kevin must’ve transferred this to me when he woke up earlier this dawn. And through the darkness of the dawn, I see his peaceful sleeping angelic face above me, which makes me smile. And our positions are switched, because if last night he was leaning on my shoulder, this time my head is the one leaning on his shoulder, and his head tilts slightly against my head which seems so romantic to see. Gosh!

        I move slowly, but the slightest motion awakens him.

        “Oh, good morning Kate.” He says with his still sexy �" sleepy �" beautiful voice and then he yawns, like a child, which is so cute to see.

        “Good morning, Kevin.” I greet him in return.

        “Are you going upstairs?” he asks.

        “Yep. I must prepare myself, as this day is the shoot of the prom scenes, right?”

        “Oh, I almost forgot.” He says childishly. “By the way, are you joining the cotillion?”

        “I don’t know. Well, I don’t remember my character joining the cotillion in the script.” I say. “Most of my scenes are outdoors.”

        “Join, Kate. After the shoot, as we’ll have a real cotillion, right?” he says encouragingly like a child.

        “I think I’ll pass. My scenes are pretty intense now, I guess I’ll be more than tired after the shoot.” I say, to make an excuse. Well, I don’t want to join the cotillion, as I don’t have a partner. I don’t want my first and last dances to go to just anyone else.

        “Well, I was thinking of joining the cotillion. I’m just going to ask permission, and I’m sure they will permit me.” He says, childishly as he looks down. “And I was actually planning to be your partner, Kate. But since you won’t join, I guess I also won’t…”

        “Seriously?” I say, preparing a smile.

        “Yeah.” He says, and what he adds greatly melts my heart. “Well, I want us to be the first and last dances of each other, if you’d agree.”

        The first and last dances of each other… Does it mean that he never also danced before?

        “It’s my first time, you know?” He says in a sad voice. “But you already took me down.”

        “Well, I changed my mind. I’d join.” I say, brightly.

        “Really?” he asks, wide-eyed.

        “Yep. But that’s if you join, too.” I say, to give him a condition. Of course, it’s not just anyone else. It’s Kevin!

        “Of course I will.” He says.

        “So… partners?” I ask, eyebrows rising playfully.

        “I’m all yours.” He confirms and he winks at me which makes me notice my heart in a chaotic manner yet feels so damn good. “Well, how about you? Are you all mine, too?”

        And the line renders me speechless. How romantic. If this is a proposal no one would ever take this down or let this pass! Gosh!

        “I’m all yours, too.” I say after a while with a smile. He also does, and he pulls me closer to a hug, which seems so unnatural. Because this is the first time that I’m sure our hearts beat together as one, since the moment our chests touched, I felt it. I felt magic.

        Maybe he also feels the same way? Or is he just tensed as well?

        I tighten my embrace because this feels so damn good to end.

        And as we pull away from each other, we both chuckle at each other.

        “Kevin, I really have to go and prepare. Sunrise is soon!” I say, preparing to leave.

        “Well, I’d go with you. I’m going upstairs, too.” He says as he stands up.

        Then I couldn’t help myself but look at our hands, as he holds it again �" the spaces between my fingers filled with his, and the spaces between his fingers filled with mine.

        “Let’s go?” he asks, and I look at him. Now, we’re eye-to-eye.

        “Let’s go.” I say, and we enter through the panel, hand-in-hand, and he sways both our hands, leaping like a child once we’re inside �" even when we take the stairs, which seems to be a bit dangerous. I even asked him to slow down, but he just winked at me and sped up instead.

        And now we’re in the doorstep of my room. He’s a step outside, and I’m a step inside.

        “Well, you’re dropped off.” He says, pouting, which is so cute of him to do. “See you later, especially tonight.”

        “Okay. Look better than you always do, anyway.” I say laughing softly.

        “I’ll try to.” He says, one arm behind his neck, scratching it smoothly.

        “Nope, you will do.” I say. Then he looks down, flattered.

        “Well, bye for the meantime. Look good, too.” He says, stepping a step behind.

        “I always do.” I say, playfully raising an eyebrow in a contravida manner. “Bye.”

        He just nods and simply steps away, but before my door slams shut…

        “Kate?” he asks.

        “Yeah, Kevin?” I say as I open it and look at him which is almost two meters away now.

        “Thank you for last night anyway.” He says. “And I’m sorry if I was stubborn.”

        “Oh, don’t mind it. It’s fine.” I say as I smile, then silence follows shortly.

        And we are just like that, lost in each other’s eyes again, for maybe a minute… But I’m very shocked and surprised when he runs to me, holds my face, and gives the spot between my eyes above my nose a quick kiss, that I didn’t even had the chance to close my eyes and then he runs towards his way. Oh, Kevin… There he goes again.

 

        After I freshen up to brighten my day, my black American gay stylist, Nick Wrasse or simply Nicky, as he wants me to call him, prepares my hair for my hairstyle by putting curlers on my hair, and we had a little chit-chat… Well, it’s just about my role and the story itself… He keeps on telling me that Lawrence’s and my character have the better love story than Hannah’s and Travis’s characters. I’m flattered.

        Well after he’s done with my hair, curlers still on, I decide not to go join the others in breakfast, and go biking instead. Well, just a kilometer from this hotel we’re in is a biking station, too, which is much better than the biking station in Paris.

        I reach the station and I rent a yellow mountain bike. Well, they allow the bikers to use the bike for up to twelve kilometers radius only, and that the bike has to be returned every eight hours.

        Well, much to my surprise when I’m about to move the bike towards the meadow that I see not so far away, I see Kevin enter the store. And a plan lingers on my head. He haven’t seen me, anyway…

        When he rides his bike, about to move, too, I appear from the back door of the station that I have been hiding to his side, waiting for him and then jump at his bike, give him an embrace which greatly shocks him. And what I did next surprised me also… Well, I can’t just stop my heart from making me do weird things! Well, I move to kiss him, even just the cheeks.

        But he turns his head, and looks up which leads my lips to find his lips instead.

        *dugdug* *dugdug* there goes the unnatural heartbeat…

        Whaaaaaaaaa!

        Well, it’s too late… Our lips met. And shocks! His soft and smooth lips taste so good to forget. And I can feel magic everywhere despite our wide opened eyes! But I pull away once I get a hold of myself.

        “K �" Kevin, I’m sorry…” I gasp.

        “Kate…” he whispers, still shocked. “We kissed.”

        “Oh yeah… It’s an accident.” I say, and I turn my head down. Well, I can’t take looking at him in the eyes anymore that I look the other ways. “Well, look… I’m sorry okay? Let’s just forget this and �"”

        “No,” he says in a still face. “Well, how can you forget your first kiss?”

        First… kiss… We’re the first kisses of each other? Like damn!

        “It’s… It’s my first kiss as well, anyway. So it’s fair… So, let’s just forget this, okay? And it was just a smack, right? Not really a kiss.”

        “But our lips touched.” He stubbornly says…

        Weird. I really don’t know if he’s mad or not. I can’t read his thoughts, and I’m really tensed right now.

        “Y-yeah… But it won’t count if we just forget it, right?” I say, desperately and almost crying. I then remember the way Kevin looks after he kissed my forehead one time after the play Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.

        But silence just passes, I look down, and I guess he is looking at me. So I worry.

        “Kevin?” I call him, desperately that I force my head to look up and have eye contact with him. “Please?”

        And the still look on his face turns to a very cute smile that I always want to see from him. But what more surprises me is that… he hugs me really, really tight.

        “You know what? I’m just puzzling you, okay?” He whispers on my ear as his fingers comb thick strands of my hair. “But the kiss does matter to me, so much… Of course, who would forget their first kiss? No one, right?”

        “I just want to tell you anyway, that I am thankful that my first kiss is not wasted. I hope yours goes the same way, too.” He whispers which is so heartwarming to hear. But does he mean something by this?

        “And if you think that many things will change because of this, I am sure that nothing will change between us, okay?” He says as he pulls away, but holds my face with both his hands; clear my face with his thumbs. Well, he even wiped something wet which makes me realize that I shed a few tears. And my hands reach for his wrists and hold them gently.

        “Okay.” I gasp as an answer.

        And then he does the sweetest thing he always do to me �" the kiss in my forehead, the spot between my eyes above my nose to be exact, for long that I close my eyes so I can feel the moment. And I can feel it, not just the moment, but the magic.

        And when he lets me go, he asks. “Let’s go biking?”

        “Let’s go.” I confirm, and I go to mine.

        And we enjoyed the morning biking together; only the two of us… and when we’re returning from quite a straight distance, he reaches his hand out, smiling, and I get what he means by that, so I reach out my hand, too. I feel his warm palm against mine as our hands take a grip on each other, and we’re just like that �" holding hands and looking at each other’s eyes until we’re finally landed back.

        And when we both get off the bikes, I really think he would let go of my hand as well.

        But I am wrong. Instead, the spaces between my fingers are filled with his, his grip holds tighter, and he just looks at me eye-to-eye with a smile on his face, so how can’t I smile back?

        We return the bikes on their places, but the storekeeper asks if how long are we together, which I didn’t understand at first. But when I get it, I just look at Kevin and I see him smiling with a blush.

 

        The late afternoon comes really fast after Kevin dropped me on my room again.

        And now I’m in my dark violet dress like divine flames, wearing quite a heel and a silver brass necklace provided by the production company as part props. Curlers off, hairdo done, and light make up on �" the dark antagonistic eyes, very light foundation that emphasizes my antagonism, natural-colored nails and light lip gloss. And as I practice my walk as part of the scene to be taken later, I feel very powerful. I look very powerful. And this is the darkest look of my character that I have ever seen.

        I am ordered by Nicky to proceed to the function hall where a real ball is held as part of the shooting, but as a prom scenery only.

        As I walk through the hallway from my room, down the stairs, and on the ground floor, even when I ignore them, the people are looking at me with awe and amusement. I can see those with my peripheral vision. Well, I am the star �" so I shine!

        The tables are almost done being prepared, so as the ball grounds or should I say the cotillion area. By the way, in this shoot, they hired civilians again, mostly French junior and senior students to portray background characters. How they train and orient them of what they will do besides the strict time schedule is a mystery to me.

        The clock strikes seven, and all line up as part of the script, I being the last one to go on my line in the midst. My eyes are looking for Kevin, but I can’t find him anywhere. Maybe he’s late? Or maybe he’s changed his mind and that he’s not coming anymore? I am worried.

        Mylene catches my eyes. She’s there beside a French boy looking so nice in her light blue gown, and she seems to have looked at me for quite a while as I sense her take her eyes to the other direction. Insecure of my beauty? She must be.

        Hannah and Travis, the last pair, of course, look the most beautiful than any of us. They’re the main characters, of course! Hannah is in a gold dress and Travis is in a black, gold and white one. And I can see Hannah uttering the words, “Good Luck!” to me and Travis waves his fingers to me so I counter both with a sweet smile.

        Gabriel and Elizabeth are doing pretty good as well, also in attires because they are more like the background characters but pretty much the confidants to Lawrence’s character. By the way, if you think they have only small parts, no they don’t. I have to tell you that they are introduced together with Lawrence as his peers in Martial Arts from the start.

        And Lawrence beside me, he’s on his brown chalices, pale blue long sleeve with vertical stripes, black tie and black pants. He offered his arm as an act of courtesy, and I readily wrap my arm against his.      

        “Good luck.” He says.

        “Good luck to us.” I say, and we both laugh softly.

        The ball is starting.

        The march starts, and in pairs we slowly walk and take our designated places. But as soon as I reach my place, I look for Kevin. Still, he’s not around.

        The ball starts with the chorvalloos of a real ball but I am not listening because my attention is roaming for Kevin’s presence.

        “Hey, Kate. Is something wrong?” Lawrence must’ve noticed the roaming of my eyes.

        “No. I’m just looking for Kevin.” I say.

        “Oh, did he join?” He asks again.

        “He will.” I say. “He promised.” And Lawrence is silenced as he looks the other way.

        Later on, one personnel comes to us and tells us we have to proceed outside where I’ll be doing the big scenes of the story.

        Lawrence and I meet with Gabriel and Elizabeth near the panel and we all go out. And once again, I look for any signs of Kevin. Still, he’s not around. And our alternate shooting starts �" you know the part in which my plan backfires as the gangsters attempted to do me violence instead because of my failure? That is.

        And then several scenes were shot, like the interference of Lawrence’s character, Gabriel’s and Elizabeth’s. It is a very well-choreographed fight scene that I almost believed it’s real. I have some falling and tripping as a part, but the dirt on my dress is easily wiped off because the ground is dry and has not been wet for days, so I still look clean. Also included in this outdoor scene is my crying-on-Lawrence’s-shoulder scene and revelation of everything which is a bit awkward. I just feel so.

        Then the scene inside the promenade comes �" in which I watch Travis’s and Marie’s characters, dancing and confessing to each other by whispering from a distance �" and I have to summon tears. They look really good and act well that it’s so romantic to see and feel, but I play the antagonist role, so I have to consider that I should not express anything positive about that. After a while, the director signals for me to do the walk-out scene. And I did as Lawrence follows, Gabriel and Elizabeth staying. The background characters did pretty well, too, as when I do the walk-out, even if I don’t mind them, they just turn their heads to me like �" oh, what’s wrong with her?

        There is a series of scenes and then comes the greatest scene which is the best part to be exact. The great fight scene.

        I actually enjoyed it, and Mylene is acting professional in her role, as she really seems to be a good confidant. But I still can’t forget our cat-fights in the past scenes together which are more like doing violence that we really had some physical injuries.

        All in all, the scenes shot this night are just all take one. We performed very well.

        I just wipe the dirt off my dress again, so does Hannah after the shoot. We all congratulate everyone by hugging each other after the director says it is such a success. But Mylene and I seem to be the same poles of magnets that wouldn’t just come with each other. She has her pride, and so do I, but I have a higher one.

        And as agreed, the ball goes on for real and we are all free to join!

        We all go to the function hall and just the perfect timing when the emcee announced that it is “time for the first music to play!” and the cotillion starts.

        And I don’t want to join, because Kevin is still not around. We both agreed to be the first and last dances of each other. Just where is he?

        By pairs �" boy and girl, they go to the dancing grounds and the first music plays which is waltz. And when it seems like only a few are left not dancing, I stand up and just find Lawrence to be my first dance. But as I step on the dancing grounds, Kevin hurries and holds my arm really, really tight. And when I face him for a moment, I felt magic.

        He’s in a white polo, dark violet chalices that matches mine, and black pants. His hair has quite a new style as well, as it is not capping his head round anymore, and he wears violet nerdy glasses.

        “I’m sorry I’m late.” He says with a worried look after a long while of eye-contact. Well, he looks HOT!

        “It’s… It’s okay.” I say as I smile.

        “Well, do I look… good, Kate?” He asks childishly. “I really spent time on this, you know.”

        “You’re… so handsome, Kevin.” I say, still smiling.

        And he brightly smiles.

        “Say, what’s with your outfit anyway?” I ask because something really feels different.

        “I want us to match.” He says simply. “Let’s dance?” And he offers his hand. Sweet!

        “Let’s dance.” I say as I take his hand with a smile.

        And the spaces between our fingers are filled with each other’s. He puts his hand around my waist and he gently puts my hand on his shoulder.

        We are just motionless for a long while, only staring at each other through the eyes. I see my reflection in his beautiful sleepy-looking hazel eyes.

        “It seems like we couldn’t go with the music anymore.” He says sadly.

        “Oh?” and I notice that we’re not yet dancing.

        “Well, I have an idea.” He says and smiles brightly.

        “I want you to just listen to me, don’t listen to other sounds, okay?” He says.

        “Uhuh…” I say.

        “I want us to maintain eye contact and never mind our gestures, okay?”

        “Okay.” I repeat. But I really have no idea what he’s up to. Still, I did what he wants me to do. Listen just to him, maintain eye contact and never mind our gestures. And as he starts singing with his magical voice, I feel magic.

 

          You’re the sky that I fell through

          And I remember the view whenever I’m holding you.

          The sun hung from a string

          Looking down on the world as it warms over everything.

 

        Wait… the song seems familiar. And it is so sweet! Well, he pulls me closer that I can feel both our hearts beating together as one like dancing with the same rhythm, and I can also feel his grip tightening as his eyes speak of a smile.

 

          Chills run down my spine as our fingers entwine

          And your sighs harmonize with mine.

          Unmistakably, I can still feel your heart

          Beat fast when you dance with me.

 

          We got older and I should’ve known

          That I feel colder when I walk alone.

          So I may as well ditch my dismay

          Bombs away, bombs away…

 

          Circle me and the needle moves gracefully

          Back and forth, if my heart was compass you’d be north.

          Risk it all ‘cause I’ll catch you when you fall

          Wherever you go, if my heart was a house you’d be home.

 

        Ahh… now I remember this song. If My Heart Was A House by Owl City �" which is a very sweet song of a childish and imaginative lover.

       

          It makes me smile because you said it best

          I would clearly feel blessed if the sun rose up from the west.

          Flower balm perfume

          All my clothes smell like you and you’re favorite shade is navy blue.

          I walk slowly when I’m on my own

          Yeah, but frankly I still feel alone.

          So I may as well ditch my dismay

          Bombs away, bombs away…

 

          Circle me and the needle moves gracefully

          Back and forth, if my heart was a compass you’d be north.

          Risk it all ‘cause I’ll catch you when you fall

          Wherever you go, if my heart was a house you’d be home.

         

          If my heart was a house you’d be home.

 

        I didn’t know that we were both dancing along his song, and I realize that others have already noticed our choreography is pretty different as well, as they are staring at us. I feel both of his warm hands on my cold cheeks. By the corners of my eyes, I see Mylene and Lawrence as a dancing pair, both looking at us from a distance with something in their eyes.

        But his warmth is the only warmth that could balance my coldness, which takes me back to him again. And I am very ambitious to think that he’s going to kiss me on the lips.

        But his thumbs wipe the moist in my cheeks as he still smiles, not breaking our eye contact. Well, I was actually shedding tears of happiness and I just noticed.

        Swear, I realize that we are both trapped in a magical barrier that we only mind the two of us as we never really mind anything at all.

        I am so damn happy that when I hear the emcee saying, “time for a second dance!” I wrap my arms around Kevin’s neck to hug him tight. And he doesn’t hesitate to wrap his arms behind me tighter as well.

        We break from that closure, and he silently moves as we switch partners �" Lawrence and I; Mylene and he.

        And as we dance, Kevin and I are just looking at each other, and I can see Mylene staring drastically at Kevin, and maybe Lawrence does the same with me?

        I face Lawrence, and I think he’s not in a good mood. I see something different in his eyes. Something I don’t understand. Weird… Oh well, leave it be.

        We have some chit-chats as we dance to keep being bored away. But something is not quite right. It feels awkward.

        My third to ninth dance goes with just some French guys. My tenth one goes with Travis which is so much fun! He’s more like a Casanova, and you know how boys like that acts.

        He’s sweet in a strange manner, and he’s a pretty bad boy that he even initiated to give me a smack on the lips jokingly. So I pull his collar in a naughty manner.

        Well, here’s a part of our conversation.

        “Who’s the lucky guy, Katie?” He asks, wetting his lips with the slight tip of his tongue.

        “What?!” I exclaim, because I think he means something GREEN. Well, I don’t know.

        “I mean, who’s your crush?” He asks.

        I know how to turn a Casanova on. So, I hold him by his tie, pull him close, our chins almost touching and I look down at him as I say seductively, “Who knows? It could be you.”

        He then laughs and so I do as I let him go. Well, I think I see him blush.

        “I’m joking. Just in case you can’t sleep thinking about it…” I say. “How about you? Who’s your crush, Travis?”

        “Tell me who your crush is, first.” He says, mocking me in a way.

        “Oh, he’s not here.” I say, to cover-up, but I get a glimpse of Kevin dancing with a French teenager from quite a distance.

        Well, Travis is a pretty good guesser. “Yeah, he’s there dancing with another girl. It’s Kevin Smith from the 3D Department, right?” or he has seen the slight movement of my eyes.

        And I blush. “Don’t deny.” He adds.

        “S**t, Travis! How’d ya know?” I ask him.

        “It’s obvious, particularly on the way you danced quite a long while ago. You seem to live in a separate world, you know? That you don’t really mind others like us.”

        “Do we?”

        “Yup. And you’re the best pair for me.” He says with a smile of approval. “Are you in a relationship, anyway?”

        “Well, we’re like… I can’t explain it. He’s weird. We’re not in a romantic relationship, but like brother-and-sister, you know?” I say. “Well, I love him, but I don’t know about his side.”

        “Oh, you may ask him.” He says encouragingly. “Just think of the possibilities.”

        “Well, there’s a right time for that, right?” I say. “Yeah. It’s up to you, anyway.” He says.

        “Now tell me who your crush is, Travis. Don’t lead us away.” I say, laughing softly.

        “Oh… it’s her.” He says and I see him look at her direction, dancing with Lawrence.

        “Sure?!” I exclaim, because I can’t believe it! All this time, he was just keeping it all along and it is such an advantage for him to be the lead star alongside Hannah Noels.

        “Yeah…” he says with a conceited smile and looks down. I know he’s telling the truth.

        “Well, you’re pretty, you’re kinda hot, but a Casanova-type. Just try your charms with her. You may win her heart.” I say as I tap his chest, to encourage him as well.

        “Really?” he asks as he raises his head wide-eyed.

        “Yeah.” I say. “You have my blessings.” Then we both laugh like crazy.

        And I see Kevin looking at us from a distance. But as I smile at him, he just looks away.

        Is there something wrong?

        The eleventh until the seventeenth dances ended very courteously. All my pairs are very nice, but Kevin is the best. Now, I’m so tired and sleepy, as it’s almost eleven in the evening. But I have to finish my last dance.

        Well, as we promised to be the first and last dances of each other, Kevin is supposed to be my last dance, and so do I as his. But where is he?

        I can’t find him anywhere in this function hall. I even asked others if they had seen him, but they just said they didn’t. Well, the last time I saw him was when he looked away when I smiled at him. Maybe it’s why he’s not around. Just what is wrong?

        Well, I don’t want my last dance to go with just anyone else, even Lawrence, so I decide to leave the dancing ground and I go outside the hall through the panel. And I don’t know what triggers me to run towards the big tree and I go behind that. But what surprises me is the sudden glow of the tiny peachy lights which are more like Christmas lights hanging from the tree and around the place artistically.

        “I thought it would be nicer if we do our last dances here together, alone.” He says from behind in a childish manner which is very cute of him to do. And as I turn to face him behind me, I think I fell in love with him all over again. He’s still in the same outfit. And he looks really, really HOT!

        “Kevin…” I gasp. “You did all these?”

        “Yup.” He says with a bright smile. “Actually, Travis helped me prepare all of these.”

        And a sudden feeling of embarrassment gets over me as I remember our conversation. “Travis, that Casanova guy? My gosh, did he tell you something?”

        “Well, he didn’t.” He says. “Why? Is there something he needs to tell me?”

        “N-no… not actually. Never mind it, anyway.” I say defensively.

        “Oh? Well, I would like to know about it sometime. But for now I’d let it pass.” He says, and I think I blush, so I look down.

        Step by step, he moves closer, takes one of my hands, and then closes all of its spaces with his fingers. He takes another with his free hand and puts it above his shoulders. And before he puts his arm around my waist, he fixes his glasses in place.

        “Let’s dance, my first and last romance?” He says which gives me chills, makes my heart beat very, very fast, and gives me puzzles on my mind.

        And my intellect summons the memories of the young Kate and young Ron together at the park, being innocent playmates and having fun as if they have no care in the world. I don’t know how that thought relates with now, but I think it is somewhat connected in a way. I just can’t figure it out.

        “What do you mean?” I ask, to make him clarify things. It’s hard to expect or assume too much, right?

        “Well, I consider each dance as romance.” He says, and I get his point. “Since you are my first dance, you are my first romance, and since you’ll be my last dance, you’ll be my last romance. I hope it’s the same way with yours.”

        I just smile at him. And I say, “Okay. Let’s dance… my first and last romance.”

        “By the way, where’s the music, Kevin?” I ask, because there is nothing we’d dance with.

        “Oh, I’m in charge.” He says, and I don’t seem to understand. “I want you to just look at only me, listen to only me, and never mind anything but me. Just go with the rhythm, I’m sure we can do it. Like what we did on our first dance, okay?”

        And I know what he intends to do. So I smile as I answer him, “Okay.”

        His beautiful voice starting the song seems to melt me from inside then.

 

          Take me to your heart, show me where to start

          Let me play the part of your first love

          All the stars are right

          Every wish is ours tonight, my love.

 

        My Gosh! I just can’t stop myself from smiling at him eye-to-eye, since this is one of the best songs I’ve ever heard that brings magic to my heart all my life! Got To Believe In Magic!

 

          Pity those who wait, twisting love to fate

          Finding all too late, fear they’ve lost it

          Never let them go

          They will never know the ways of love.

 

          Got to believe in magic

          Tell me how two people find each other in a world that’s full of strangers

          Got to believe in magic, something stronger than the moon above

          ‘Coz it’s magic when two people fall in love.

 

          I may never know why I need you so

          All I need to know, is this feeling

          Handle it with care

          We were born to share this dream, my love.

 

          Got to believe in magic

          Tell me how two people find each other in a world that’s full of strangers

          Got to believe in magic, something stronger than the moon above

          ‘Coz it’s magic when two people fall in love.

          I’m finest on your side and we all know that’s always

          I guess we’re meant to stay, don’t take the magic away.

 

          Got to believe in magic…

 

          Got to believe in magic

          Tell me how two people find each other in a world that’s full of strangers

          Got to believe in magic, something stronger than the universe

          ‘Coz it’s magic when two people fall in love.

 

        “Well, I think I don’t have a good voice. I’m sorry if it was disappointing.”  He says, scratching the back of his neck. “I just thought singing for you would make you feel special.”

        And the thought is just so damn happy to think about. I notice moist on my eyes. Are these tears of joy again? And I notice the race of my heartbeat.

        “No. You always make me feel special Kevin.” I say, and I hug him really tight. He hugs me back, and I also felt his heartbeat which I think is almost the same with mine, but I pull off and then hold his face. This is it, I can’t stop this feeling anymore.

        I lean closer and give him a very quick kiss on the nose and when I’m about to plant him a kiss on the lips, I open my eyes to see him closing his as well, and luckily, I could control myself that my lips find his forehead instead. Great! My naughty side takes over again.

        When his sleepy-looking hazel eyes open in innocence, I wrap my arms around his neck again, and I can feel his arms wrapping behind me as well. I lean my head sideways so he’d feel my hair and maybe he does the same that I felt his very smooth hair against my shoulder as well and we both seem to dance with the rhythm of our embrace. And swear, I just don’t want this magical moment to end! All that happened this day were just so damn unbelievable!

        Later on, I feel his tickling lips on my cheek, softly kissing me like he’s whispering words of love to me. I just don’t want this day to end, especially this night! But it has to.

        I let go of him, and we break from the closure we have. But his hand is still intertwined with mine, and I let it be.

        “I guess we both have a great day, Kevin. And I’m so tired and sleepy now. Maybe I could go upstairs and you know… have a good night’s sleep.” I say, smiling.

        “Oh, then I guess this day is over.” He says and his natural pink lips seem to be pouting.

        “Yeah, it is.” I say softly with a whisper as I pull away. “Goodnight Kevin.”

        And it takes a while before he responses in a sweet yet lonely tone, “Goodnight, Kate.”

        The connection between our hands breaks, but before I could turn away, he calls me, holds my face tight, kisses the spot between my forehead and the midst of my eyes gently, and whispers the sweetest words I’ve ever heard. “I love you.”



© 2013 Prime


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on December 27, 2013
Last Updated on December 27, 2013


Author

Prime
Prime

Sagay City, Region VI, Philippines



About
from Philippines ^_^ more..

Writing