It's Magic --- PART II - Chapter 20

It's Magic --- PART II - Chapter 20

A Chapter by Prime
"

Reshoot.

"

Chapter 20

 

        There is a long pause of silence, which feels a little bit awkward. Have I heard him right? Did he really say those directly �" those three words?

        “Hey. I said I love you. Do you love me, too?” He says which makes my jaw drop open in shock. Just what has he eaten? Aww, why so sweet, Kevin?

        “Silence means yes.” And I remember that time when he first drew my eyes, kept it for himself and asked me if it was okay. The thought makes me smile and blush at the same time.

        I can’t handle this… feeling that I really feel inside me, so no words get out of my mouth. Instead, I pinch his cheek and his nose with both my hands really, really hard and then bump our foreheads together. Aw! It hurts, you know…

        And his reaction is totally EPIC! I think I can never forget it. How cute!

        “You’re not being careful with your words, aren’t you?” I say and pull him by his collar in a naughty manner (like what I did with Travis,) as I bite my lip.

        “Well, what’s wrong? I just said I love you… big sis!” He explains, and hearing the line partly pains me. But it’s just damn awesome; it feels so good to hear!

        I release him and then in my sweetest tone, I ask him. “What were those words again, lil bro? I’d like to hear those again, you know?”

        And he smirks which is really cute of him to do as he says, “I love you, big sis.”

        I come closer, put my lips on his ear and I whisper, “I love you too, lil bro.”

        Then I pinch his nose hard again and I run upstairs towards my room. I just hope he’s not following me.

        I prepare to sleep as soon as I set foot in my room. And the simplest Kate comes back.

        I lie in my bed, and it’s about two in the morning when I actually felt sleepy and first yawned �" the whole while I was just thinking of only Kevin. I guess this is how love really feels. Reality finally gets better than your dreams. And I slept with sweet dreams afterwards.

 

        My sweet dream is interrupted by a loud knock on the door. I forcefully open my eyes to look at the clock beside me and see to it that it’s eight-sixteen in the morning already. How many hours was I asleep? Six, or five?

        *knock knock knock* And the knock just gets louder and louder! Irritating!

        “Give me a couple of minutes please!” I yell as I forcefully rise myself from bed, and go for a quick wash of face in the bath room.

        I open the door with a wet face and very haggard look that I look like a just-raped-impacta. And just when I thought that this would be another GOOD start of day, the drastic face of Mylene seems to ruin every smile that I have kept within myself.

        “Excuse me, maybe you have gone to the wrong door.” I say with great sarcasm.

        “I’m not here to pick a fight.” She says in a sweet tone that seems to have a very affected accent.  “We have lots of time for that aside from this very moment.”

        “Then what are you doing here?” I say, rolling my eyes.

        “The director ordered me to inform you that there will be a meeting around ten this morning downstairs.” She says formally.

        “Thank you for the information. Get lost!” I say with a mean tone, and before I slam the door shut right on her face, she fends it off. “Wait.”

        “I just also want to say that I hate you, Kate. I really, really hate you… so much!” She says loudly and clearly that I can feel her emotion, and she raises her middle finger right on my face. “F**k you, you suck.”

        Instead of acting violent, I just simply flash her my sweetest toothless smile, blow her a flying kiss in a seductive manner, and raise my eyebrows in a contravida manner. “Thank you and f**k you, too. Now get lost.” And the door finally slams shut.

        My phone rings under the pillows of my bed. It’s a text message from Kevin.

        Good morning, big sis! J

        I really had a good morning, Kevin. Mylene started the goodness.

 

        I follow as per ordered, I’m just in a simple attire when I went downstairs to attend the meeting, just a yellow blouse and white shorts and my ordinary looks on �" the haggard face, ponytailed hair and thick strands of my dark brown hair from both sides of my face with my bangs never really gone. The effect of the curlers has been nullified as I already fixed my hair well last night before I slept. And the pendant that Ron gave me is hidden behind my blouse.

        It is three days from home! And I am so damn excited to meet mom, Camille and other people from home again. I terribly miss them! The thought makes me do my usual mannerism �" my blow from inside my mouth �" which I haven’t done for long already.

        We all take our seats in our own choice. I just wonder why I’m beside Hannah Noels �" she’s to my right. And to her right is Travis. Oh my Gosh! I remember Travis’ confession �" that Hannah is her crush! �" so I move a little farther from Hannah to give them quality time closer together. “Kate, is something wrong? Why’d you move?” Hannah whispers.

        “Oh, no… I just feel a bit uncomfortable on that spot. But it’s okay now.” I whisper as well. “Now will you please move a little closer to Travis? I’d like to move a little away from my seatmate.” And did I tell you that Mylene is my seatmate to the left? Well, now you know.

        And so she did. Well, Hannah doesn’t know about my feud with Mylene. And when she asked me one time why we seemed to be distant stars, I just plainly answer, “Being around or near her feels typically uneasy.” And it’s not like her not to get something from that.

        I see Travis flashing me the eyes of question, and I answer him with my smile and the constant rise of my eyebrows. And he should’ve gotten my point. Now’s the chance, Nova…

        And he starts a smooth conversation with Hannah. Oh well, not my business anymore…

        I look at Kevin, who is directly ahead of me, on the other side of the table. He sweetly smiles, and as I remember everything that happened yesterday, I blush, but I still manage to smile back at him while biting my lip.

        The director comes shortly, takes his place and starts the meeting.

        “Good morning, everyone.” He greets us all.

        “Good morning, dir.” We greet in chorus.

        “Umm, I called this meeting to discuss with everyone the progress of our production and the necessary changes to be done. First and foremost, I would like to tell everybody that the production has been more than successful!” He says which enlightens everyone’s mood. “Please give yourselves a round of applause.”

        And we all clap our hands.

        I look at Lawrence as I smile. He looks back at me and we both smile at each other.

        “The editing is now taking place, and this film may be released as soon as two or three months later because of our quick success. But sad to say, we have to go back to Paris to film some more scenes that were not successfully done before.” And there are sounds of disappointment. “I’m sorry, but we have to extend for another four days to film back there which means that we have another week of filming, but this will hopefully be the last. Don’t worry, everyone, everything is shouldered by the production company.”

        And there is silence.

        “We have reviewed every scene left to be done and we realized that those aren’t suited to be shot here in Amsterdam, but rather in Paris for the better �" especially the wedding scene.”

        “We should give emphasis to the place where everything started up to the very end, because we have started to shoot at Paris so the origin of each character comes from Paris itself and we only came here in Amsterdam to shoot big scenes. Do you agree with that?”

        “Yes.” We all answer.

        “Generally, the ending scenes should be shot back in Paris. Does everyone get it?”

        “Yes.” We all answer again.

        “Okay. Then it’s set. By the next day, the day after tomorrow, we’ll be flying back to Paris, okay? And by tomorrow, notifications will be sent to your parents/guardians about the extension of this project. For now, you may all prepare and enjoy your last two days here in Amsterdam. Thank you so much for your cooperation and consideration. Meeting adjourned.”

        “Thank you, dir.” We all say and the director leaves before us.

        And it all sinks in to me. We’re all going back to Paris.



© 2013 Prime


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on December 27, 2013
Last Updated on December 27, 2013


Author

Prime
Prime

Sagay City, Region VI, Philippines



About
from Philippines ^_^ more..

Writing