It's Magic --- PART II - Chapter 21

It's Magic --- PART II - Chapter 21

A Chapter by Prime
"

Romance all over. And the twist.

"

Chapter 21

 

        The fifth day from home comes and we all landed here in Paris early in the morning, about nine-o’clock, we’re already here since we left Amsterdam at dawn.

        About the day and a half that past? Well, nothing much seems to happen except that we were all enjoying the remaining days in Amsterdam that became a lot like a vacation. But I don’t know if Mylene had been enjoying it as well, as Kevin and I were all preoccupied by us, ourselves. That sweet guy… The thought of him makes me smile.

        It’s about two in the afternoon, and we had checked-in the same hotel we stayed since the early days of shooting.

        And I would like to have fun as shooting will start again tomorrow.

        I ask a nice-looking staff of the hotel if there are any good spots here in Paris that aren’t far, and she introduces a carnival, half an hour of train-ride away.

        And Kevin’s beside me when I asked so. So he’s coming with me, too.

 

        We’re now in the train station, waiting to board the train towards the said carnival, and I’m just damn excited of the rides!

        The horn sounds and it simply means that the train is coming, so I wake Kevin up who has his head lying on my shoulder. He must be very sleepy that he chose my shoulder as pillow.

        “Hey, li’l bro… The train’s coming.” I say while poking his face by moving my shoulder.

        He opens his eyes, looks around with sleepy eyes and gasps, “What?”

        And he’s so cute to look that way. So I pinch his nose really, really hard. “Wake up, Kevin. Stop dreaming!” and he hardly cries, “ouch!”

        Then I stand up as the train shortly arrives. Some passengers from inside boards off and we go inside, Kevin still holding his red sharp nose. We occupy a seat-for-two, facing Travis and Hannah which are opposite us, across the small table.

        “Hi Hannah, hi Travis!” I greet them and Kevin just smiles at them. 

        “Hi Kate, Kevin…” Hannah greets us politely, and Travis just looks at me with the look of amusement across his face.

        “Where are you headed to, anyway?” I ask them.

        “We’re off to the carnival, Kate.” Hannah says excitedly, and I am quite happy to hear that, so I reply, “Oh, really? We’re going there, too.”

        And then we’ve had chit-chats �" only me, Hannah and Kevin as Travis doesn’t seem to join us. We seem to have an eye language, that he flashes me those eyes of amusement that he links to Kevin, and I have to pinch his thigh under the table, so he would stop. But he wouldn’t, so as an alternative scenario, I also link him with Hannah using the same eye language.

        But the three of us chit-chatting seem to run out of things to talk about that Kevin first falls silent, or maybe he has seen Travis’s and my eye language. And then Hannah and I just simply end our conversation. She later lays her head against the back of the seat she’s on.

        And to link him with Travis who lays his head against the window. “Hannah, I think Travis’s shoulder is not that bad to lie on.”

        And I see her blush. Travis then tries to react, but Hannah asks him. “Do you mind, Travis?” so he has to nod. This is a great opportunity, Nova!

        Hannah lays her head on her shoulder and I see the blush across Travis’s face. And I flash Travis my smile with a wink. I look at Kevin then. He’s been looking at me for a while, but he looks the other way when he catches me looking back at him.

        I pinch his cheek to get his attention then. “Ow!”

        He looks back at me, and I do a lip smile as I make the peace sign on my fingers. He also smiles, and what surprises me is that… he holds my right hand using his left hand, filling the spaces between my fingers with his. This is totally unexpected. I thought he would be mad because I’ve been pinching his nose and face hard recently.

        He comes closer and whispers in my ears which felt like being tickled there. “What’s about those eyes with Travis?”

        I also whisper on his ear, “It’s highly confidential, Kevin. You shouldn’t know.”

        And when he comes close again and about to whisper, I hear Travis and Hannah crack their throats and say “Ahem!”

        I flash Travis my very thin eyes, but he just simply smiles at me. And I feel Kevin’s grip on my hand tightening. I look at him. And he smiles sweetly.

        And I hear the horn of the train again. We must board off. We’re a while away from our destination. Hannah and Travis stand up and they go ahead, and I also stand up. But Kevin’s grip pulls me down. He doesn’t want our hands to break.

        “Kevin…” I gasp as I look at him.

        He pouts, which is really, really cute of him to do. And I flash him my sharp eyes. He lets go then. And I feel bad for not being able to give him the closure he needs.

        He stands up and goes off with me hanging on air. And I now understand how bad it feels to have you rejected… in a way.

        He boards off, as if I’m not with him, and I can’t find Travis and Hannah anywhere. So I go to him who is walking towards the exit. It feels awkward to walk with him and we’re this way, and I don’t know what to do.

        So I put my hand over his shoulder which seems to temporarily stop him and slow him down. “What?” he asks with confused eyes but in a sweet tone.

        “Kevin…” I gasp and I pout. I just hope he understands what I’m trying to do.

        He then smiles brightly as ever, as if nothing’s wrong. He takes my hand off his shoulder, and then fills the spaces between my fingers with his as he keeps on swaying it like a child, and then he runs, dragging me through the exit. It feels really magical!

        While we are also walking on the road towards the entrance of the carnival, he never lets go of my hand. We are talking as if we are just of one person, linked by our intertwined hands.

        We enter, bought our tickets for five rides or pass. And what’s the best part? Everything is his treat. See? Kevin is not just sweet, childish and lovable. He is also generous!

        We first went to the horror house, in which the monsters seemed to be real. And I was quite surprised that Kevin was pretty scared of some. I could feel his fear, because he kept on holding my hand oh so tight, but he keeps it to himself. I never thought that his childlike personality could be up to this state. But I didn’t mind that. He is unique, after all. Anyway, what’s important is, we enjoyed it.

        The second one was the ferris wheel which was so fun for me. Kevin looked so damn cute even in distress! I knew that he’s afraid of heights by that ride. His grip to me when the wheel was going upwards was oh so tight and he was cuddling on me when it was going downwards.

        The third is the Power Lift, by which we were taken thirty feet from the ground, and then we would be forced downwards with super force. It was enjoyable and thrilling, as I was a bit scared, but I still insisted. And this ride is obviously not for Kevin. But he conquered his fear for me to keep me company. As we accelerated, as we were just next to each other, we hold hands, and as we decelerated, the grip tightens. I find it sweet even at thrilling times.

        The fourth was the roller coaster in which Kevin didn’t have any problems. I told him to just simply look at me when we were moving and don’t mind the environment, unless he loves thrill. He did what I told him when we were moving, and it was fun, because he just kept on looking at me, and holding me so tightly that it felt awkward and the race of my heart… cannot be described in terms of speed! But I counter him my smiles as well. After the ride, he felt that he was vomiting, as the post ride effect, but he never did. He simply stopped those by hugging me. Weird…

        And the fifth or simply the last was the sweetest among all rides �" the carousel. Because before we rode, he whispered to my ear, “I’m gonna take you to a fairytale. I’m your prince and you’ll be my princess.” We didn’t have any problems while in the ride, in fact. I loved it. Even though we didn’t dress like royal lovers, he made me feel like a royal princess being loved by her knight in charming armor, her prince. He kept on telling me that he’d be my knight in shining armor, he was just holding my hand �" never letting go until the end of the ride, and kept on telling me things that took me inside my fantasies that I just used to imagine when I was a child.

        And what makes it happen? It’s magic.

        We both go back to the hotel right after the whole afternoon of being together. And at five-thirty, he takes me to the rooftop of the hotel.

        We are both sitting on the cement ground, looking at the clouds across the golden sky, and just chit-chatting about the whole afternoon escapade, and all the while I keep on laughing as I’m always reminded by Kevin’s face in distress which looks really cute but funny in a way.

        And we eventually run out of things to talk about, so silence takes over us after a while.

        I lean my head on his shoulder �" I feel comfortable around him so there’s nothing wrong about it, plus the fact that I love him. Then I close my eyes as I wrap my arm around his arm.

        “Do you mind?” I ask.

        “I actually don’t.” He says. And he moves so I could lie on his broad chest rather than on his hard shoulder and he wraps his arms around me. “I never did.” And his voice resonates to his chest which vibrates that tickles my ear. I smile.

        “Would you sing for me, big sis?” He asks me as he put his chin over my head.

        Well, confident as ever, I cannot deny. “What song, li’l bro?”

        “Your favorite song.” He simply answers.

        “Oh…” I gasp, as I sort out what is my favorite song in my mind. And then its melody seems to play in my head.

        “Umm, actually this is a pretty old song, Kevin.” I say. “But I hope you’d like it.”

        “I’d love it.” He answers in a sweet tone.

        I don’t feel like singing this song without accompaniment, so I take out my phone from my pocket, not breaking any connections and closure between us, then search for its minus one that I made way back in high school with the help of my band mates and play it.

        And the introductory interlude starts.

 

          It’s the thing that you do, so physical

          It’s the thing that you say, so flammable

          You know I can’t resist, boy it’s such a shame

          But you belong to another

 

          I don’t wanna hurt nobody, but my heart just can’t hold back

 

          It’s the way that you make me feel (The way that you make me feel)

          Spinning my world around

          Tell me, how can I walk away? I don’t care what they say

          I’m loving you anyway

 

          It’s the way you make me feel…

        And the interlude plays again.

        “Do you mean that song for somebody Kate?” He asks.

        “Yes.” I answer, and the idea makes me smile.

        “With whom?” He asks again.

        “Secret.” I say and chuckle a little. And the second verse starts.

 

          I’m gonna make you mine, it’s not impossible

          Got to let you know, and be resistible

          Baby can’t you see, you’re the one for me?

          But you belong to another

 

          I don’t wanna hurt nobody, but my heart just can’t hold back

 

          It’s the way that you make me feel (The way that you make me feel)

          Spinning my world around

          Tell me, how can I walk away? I don’t care what they say

          I’m loving you anyway

 

          It’s the way you make me feel…

 

          When I look into your eyes every time you smile at me

          Oh, I go weak inside, maybe I just can’t hide, my love…

 

          It’s the way that you make me feel (The way that you make me feel)

          Spinning my world around

          Tell me, how can I walk away? I don’t care what they say

          I’m loving you anyway (anyway)

 

          It’s the way that you make me feel…

 

          Tell me, how can I walk away? I don’t care what they say

          I’m loving you anyway

 

          It’s the way you make me feel…

 

        The song merely ends and there is no reaction. So I look at him and I just see him smile.

        “Hey, Kevin…” I call out, poking him as well.

        “Yes, Kate?” He responds in his ever-oh-so-sweet tone.

        “N-nothing… I thought you fell asleep.” I quickly say, not knowing what to do.

        “I didn’t. I’m really listening to you.” He says, the smile on his face still on. “I just wonder who that secret someone is.”

        S**t! Don’t you know it’s you, Kevin? I think. Don’t you feel it?

        “Guess who?” I say, to challenge him.

        But he just looks at me with the same facial expression. Then he looks ahead, to the sky.

        And there is silence for quite a while. So I look ahead, too. It’s quite surprising that he holds my hand �" filling the spaces between my fingers with his �" which seems to send electricity all throughout my seductive body as we wait for sunset. Yet, I leave no reaction. But I cannot deny that my heartbeat is going wild again. I can feel it.

        The sunset is a very beautiful view from here on the rooftop. I feel really happy at seeing the orange sun slowly hiding between the mountains on the horizons far ahead, especially when Kevin’s grip tightens and squeezes my hand with tender force. And I can see his amazement through his beautiful sleepy-looking hazel eyes. Why so childlike, Kevin?

        But when the sun’s finally set, he pinches me on my nose really, really hard then stands up and rushes downstairs, breaking free from our closure. I go after him.

        He’s laughing while running from stairs and I shout while laughing and holding my nose, “Just you wait when I catch you, Kevin Smith. You’re in great danger!”

        And I eventually catch him when we were on the second floor, because he was slowed down. When I do, I pinch his nose really hard again and bump his forehead with mine by holding the back of his forehead through his clothes then steal a kiss on his nose.

        He also steals a kiss on mine and that’s quite surprising that my heart seems to jump and I feel the heat in my cheeks. S**t!

        I bump his forehead with mine again while chuckling as he cries, “ow!” and then I run to my room. Gosh, Kevin. I’m going crazy!

        I lock the door and then I go to bed and keep on thinking and thinking about Kevin. It’s already evening anyway. This day is just so damn good to end!

        Later, I receive two messages �" one from Lawrence and one from Kevin.

        Lawrence’s message is:

        Hey Kate… Dir informed me there would be a meeting tomorrow at nine on the hall. Be there! He said you should be.

        So there’ll be a meeting again tomorrow �" maybe for the final instructions and prop-up.

        And I reply…

        Yup, Lawrence… Thank you anyway!

        Well, how about Kevin’s message?

        Gotta sleep early, big sis! I had a great day with you. Good night. Sweet dreams. See you tomorrow again! Love ya, big sis! �"Li’l bro Kevin out.

        And swear, while reading this, I can’t stop myself from falling in love again and again with this sweet guy. Oh, Kevin… So I also reply.

        Good night and sweet dreams to you as well, li’l bro! I love you, too.

        I wait if there is ever a reply, but there’s none. So he’s really off to sleep. And I’m already feeling tired. So I guess I have to sleep as well.

        I first prepare myself to sleep, and then off to dreamland!

 

        The knocks on the door wakes me up. Then when I open my eyes, the first I see is my phone beside me, and the clock on the desk beside my bed. It’s eight fifty-two. And I remember that there is a meeting at nine downstairs!

        I quickly rouse myself from bed despite my discomfort of having my sleep interrupted, ignoring the knocks on the door. I go to the bathroom and take a bath as quickly as I can, then dress as simply as I used to. I wear pale blue dress with a waist belt, and dark blue leggings. My hair has my natural hairstyle �" just a ponytail tying it behind. And before I open the door, I blow from inside my mouth. Usual mannerism…

        “Good morning, Kate.” He greets me with a smile.

        “Oh, good morning, Lawrence.” I say, and open the door wider. “Get inside.”

        “Oh, don’t mind. I just thought passing through your room is a good idea. And it is.” He says, and my eyebrows meet each other. I don’t quite get what he means. “Let’s go together?”

        “To the meeting…” I say, and then I take him by the wrist as I get out my room, shutting the door. And we go downstairs in which all of them are already waiting for us.

        We sit next to each other, and this time, I am facing Mylene, Kevin beside her. And seeing him makes me remember everything that happened yesterday. I smile.

        “Good morning, everybody.” The director greets us all.

        “Good morning, dir.” We all answer in response.

        “Please listen attentively to the instructions that I will give to you. These are the final ones and are to be followed strictly.” He says with superiority. “But first and foremost I’d like to acknowledge everyone for the outstanding performances, especially Hannah Noels and Katherine McGraw.”

        And they all clap their hands. I see the way Kevin claps his hand which tells me how happy he is for me. And I also think that it’s unnecessary to mind Mylene’s clap which must be for Hannah only. I look at Lawrence beside me, and he voices out, “good job.” So I smile at him.

        Other final instructions are also given, until it comes to a shocking order.

        “Reviewing the love stories of the four characters had been rigid. And the pair up of the roles Tyrone and Diana has been as effective as Luke and Marie, so we have all decided, as to not disappoint the audience, that the roles of Tyrone and Diana be given a kissing scene.”



© 2013 Prime


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
Added on December 27, 2013
Last Updated on December 27, 2013


Author

Prime
Prime

Sagay City, Region VI, Philippines



About
from Philippines ^_^ more..

Writing