It's Magic --- PART II - Chapter 23

It's Magic --- PART II - Chapter 23

A Chapter by Prime
"

Tricky, yet romantic. . .

"

Chapter 23

 

        Today is Kevin’s birthday, the day before home. But in the past two days, he never talked to me nor just come near me. Whenever I look at him, I feel heavy, but I can manage. And when he catches me looking at him �" which means that he’s looking at me, too �" he immediately looks the other way. And I have no intention of being a distraction to his silence, because as I’ve said, I will give him the best present on his day. Don’t worry, Kevin. I’ll make sure that this day will be the most magical day ever in your life.

        Anyway, this morning I sent him a greeting through text message with an ‘ILY’ at the end, to give him puzzles in his head.

        The preparations for the wedding scene were already done early in the morning and this afternoon, we are just done shooting Hannah and Travis’s scenes inside the church.

        And when we were outside, the scene where Lawrence and I will have our first and last kiss for the whole film, I feel something intense inside me. Is Hannah’s tip really good? I really think that she and Travis have been really kissing.

        It’s time for the ending part, by which Hannah will throw the bouquet of flowers in which I will be catching it with Lawrence beside me.

        The cameras roll, and the church door was grandly opened for the newly wed’s exit.

        Hannah and Travis are by the door, and Hannah then looks at me. I smile at her. My eyes then search for Kevin, but he’s nowhere to be found. I guess he really carries it in his heart. The thought summons something heavy in my chest.

        I look at Travis; he looks at me too, and gives me a wink. I just force a smile.

        My conscience is bothering me �" if I should really do it. And the speed of my heartbeat increase. I look at Lawrence who’s already beside me. Well, he already knows what to do �" Hannah told us both how to do such thing. He smiles at me and whispers, “you ready?”

        I hesitantly answer in my softest tone. “Y-yeah…”

        I just hope the cameras never caught this adlib from any angles.

        Then Hannah throws the bouquet of flowers and I catch it. I smile sweetly at Lawrence and he does the same to me. And slowly, our faces come near to each other, and when I felt his fresh breath, we did the trick. Whatever that is, it’s a secret. Swear, I know people around us think that we’re really kissing. But as I’ve said, it’s a trick. I never even felt his lips and he never felt mine.

        “And cut!” The director says, and we pull over.

        And everybody claps their hands. Success, finally! Finally, this whole film is a success!

        The executive producer then announces the acknowledgements, and then thanks us all for a great successful filming and that a party must go!

        The party starts as Hannah and Travis goes to change clothes from wedding dress to casual ones.

        And I don’t have plans to join the party. Instead, I want to see Kevin right now.

        I try to find him in the biking station, I stroll around if I can find him biking anywhere, I go to the train station, I go around the hotel, but I can’t find him anywhere. Just where is he?

        Not able to find him anywhere while there’s still daylight, I just find myself going in my own room in the hotel, and then working on a paper trying to generate ideas on what I could do with such. S**t!

        Night falls and still, there are no writings on the paper as my mind flies to where Kevin’s whereabouts may be. I worry too much. Maybe he’s that hurt that he decided to just completely shut me out of his life. But gosh, is he that numb as well that he doesn’t know I feel lifeless whenever I’m without him?

        I get out of my room, and once I set foot outside the door, I see him coming from a distance. When he sees me as well, I smile at him. Well, he seems to hesitate that he stops for a while, but later on he continues moving, the stubborn look across his face on, and ignores me. I feel the heavy aura when he passes by. And my chest heaves. But I must get to talk to him.

        So, I come after him, trailing him behind. “Hey, Kevin…”

        But it’s as if he hears nothing from me, as if I don’t exist in his world, that he just keeps on walking.

        “Kevin, how long are we going to be like this?” I ask in desperation, still following the ignorant him until we’re downstairs, and then through the panel he passes.

        Well, I take every inch of courage I have to run to him, hold his hand and fill the spaces between his fingers with mine.

        When I did so, he stopped and I feel his weird pulse rate. And his hand, it trembles and moves abnormally �" whether to let go, or not to. But love is dominating, so he ends up unable to let go of my grip. I smile at that thought. Yet, he just looks ahead.

        “I was looking for you the whole afternoon, just where were you, Kevin?” I ask him in exasperation.

        “Somewhere away from you,” He coldly answers. And hearing it seems to dent my heart. “Away from pain and sadness…”

        I tighten my grip in retaliation, and again, I feel the weird movement of his fingers that seems to tell me that his mind tells him to let go as his heart tells him to hold tighter.

        This is the result of my great mistake. And I must attend to it to make it fine again. But I think it would be very hard for me as I have hurt Kevin the hard way.

        So, after a while of that awkward silence, I speak in a cracked voice, because I really want to cry right now. “You love me, right?”

        He is hesitating, I can feel it. And again, I ask him. “You love me, Kevin, right?”

        And tears just fall from my eyes. He gets a glimpse of me then he looks at me through the eyes, then looks at our intertwined hands and looks at me eye-to-eye again.

        I see tears falling from his eyes. It adds to the heave in my chest. S**t. And he answers politely and childishly, but the pain is obvious in his eyes, “I… I love you so much, Kate.”

        His grip tightens, and right now I really want to hug him oh so tight, but I have to clarify things first.

        “If that’s the case, then listen to everything I will say, okay?” I speak with superiority, tears still in my eyes, and he nods.

        I take another hand of his and do the same �" fill its spaces with my fingers, and my heartbeat never loses its tempo whenever I’m with him �" just like now.

        “First of all, Lawrence and I didn’t really kiss.” And I can see the shock across his face. “Hannah told me that she’s in charge of the trick, so it wasn’t a kiss.”

        “Second, I’d like to tell you that I was just teasing you the last time �" to prove if you really love me.” I say then the shock on his face intensifies. I smile. Maybe he finally gets what I really mean.

        “And lastly, I would like to tell you that like you with me, I’m also in love with you, Kevin, right from the very start.”

        And I can see the happiness across his face through the series of tears that falls.

        “C-could you repeat those, Kate?” He asks with a bright smile. “Have I heard you right?”

        “Yes, Kevin.” I say, and then the smile adds some tears on my eyes. S**t. I’m just so damn happy! “I love you, Kevin. Not just as a li’l bro. I mean something real, Kevin.”

        And before I could add, he pulls me close and hugs me really tight that I can’t seem to breathe well. And his heart pushed against mine through our chests beats exactly the same with mine rhythmically.

        I have no choice, but to go with what my heart wishes as well, so I just find my arms wrapping behind him as well, and it tightens when I feel his lips on my face. He’s kissing me gently on my cheek while whispering the words, “I LOVE YOU” repeatedly.

        He then holds my face with both his warm hands, the happiness across his face never fades and I give him the loveliest of all smiles. He kisses the tip of my nose gently, kisses both my cheeks softly, kisses both my eyes warmly, and kisses my forehead with his greatest love that I can really feel. And it sends tears rushing from both my eyes.

        “This is my birthday gift to you, Kevin. Happy Birthday… I love you.” I say softly.

        “I love you, too.” He softly and sweetly says as he kisses my nose again. “I love you more.”

        And under the moonlight, our eyes close and our lips meet.

        He gives me the sweetest kiss the world has to offer.



© 2013 Prime


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
Added on December 27, 2013
Last Updated on December 27, 2013


Author

Prime
Prime

Sagay City, Region VI, Philippines



About
from Philippines ^_^ more..

Writing