Shawn

Shawn

A Chapter by GhostOfTheLight

Shawn



I rounded the corner, my eyes scanning the hall. Ty spotted me and nodded in greeting. He was leaning against his locker, eyeing some hot girl, as usual. I had a hard time keeping my anger in check as I made a beeline for him.

   “Dude, did you hear about Laurie?” Ty asked.

   “Nope, haven’t heard a thing.”

   “Okay, so you remember hearing about-.”

   “Why don’t we walk while we talk?”

   I set off at a quick pace, completely uninterested in whatever Ty had to say. He peeled his eyes away from the girl and chased after me.

   “So you remember five years ago, when all the murders were happening? Well, apparently the same thing happened to Laurie, with a tape and all that. My dad thinks it’s just a copycat, but what if-.”

   We rounded a corner into the stairwell and in one smooth motion I shoved him against the wall and held him there. “Where’s my money?”

   “Wow, dude chill.” He put his hands up, as if to show he was unarmed. “I got something in the works.”

   “It better be pretty damn good. I need it. Now. With interest.”

   “Oh, you’ll get your interest.” He smirked.

   I did not find the smirk amusing. I grabbed the scruff of his shirt, pulled him back, and slammed him back into the wall. “This is very important, okay?”

   “What’s your deal? You in trouble for gambling? Drugs?”

   “You know I don’t mess with that s**t.”

   “What then?”

   “Just have the money by tomorrow.”

   I stormed off towards the exit. I had no intention of going to my next class. I had more important things on my mind.

   My phone started vibrating. I pulled it out and saw the name Michelle. I swiped ignore and shoved the phone back in my pocket. It started vibrating again, and I didn’t even bother taking it out of my pocket this time.

   I went to the gym first. After about half an hour there, I went home and watched Netflix. I tried to turn my brain off and just watch the show, but I couldn’t. There were too many things on my mind. I kept glancing at my phone, which kept buzzing every ten minutes or so. I wanted to answer, but at the same time it was the last thing I wanted to do.

   Finally, I couldn’t take it anymore. I grabbed my coat and headed to my car. I knew where I was going, but I didn’t know what I would do when I got there.

   I rolled up to the house and put the car in park. I sat there staring at the house, watching for movement inside. I sat there, letting all the emotions wash over me. I was so focused that I didn’t notice someone walking towards my car.

   I snapped out of it when there was a knock on my window, followed by Ty’s voice asking, “Shawn? What are you doing outside my house?”

   I didn’t look at him. I couldn’t. “Have the money tomorrow,” I said. Without waiting for a response, I started driving again, and Ty just stared after me.



© 2015 GhostOfTheLight


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on September 19, 2015
Last Updated on September 19, 2015