Doctor Who - Back to the Beginning

Doctor Who - Back to the Beginning

A Screenplay by GibbyBlogger
"

When Clara asks the Doctor to take her somewhere that no-one else has ever seen before, he decided to take her back to where it all began. Back to Totter's Lane! Back to the Beginning!

"

DOCTOR WHO

"BACK TO THE BEGINNING"

by

Thomas Gibson

 

FADE IN:

 

SC1 - INT. TARDIS CONSOLE ROOM - DAY

(The Doctor is sat watching something on one of the screens, laughing away to himself. Clara appears above on the balcony.)

 

CLARA: What are you watching?
DOCTOR: 'The Two Ronnies'. Fork Handles. Classic! Why can't the rest of you lot be like them? Or Morecambe and Wise? Or Smith and Jones? Or... or... or...?
CLARA: Mitchell and Webb?
DOCTOR: Who?
CLARA: Never mind.


(Clara makes her way down to him.)


CLARA (CONT'D): So... where to next?


(The Doctor gets up and turns off the screen.)


DOCTOR: Well, I don't know...
CLARA: You don't know?


(He moves around the console, fiddling with the controls. Clara follows.)


DOCTOR: I was busy!
CLARA: What, watching 'The Two Ronnies'?
DOCTOR: It's Classic! Unlike "Spider and Web" or whatever you called them.
CLARA: It's "Mitchell and Webb". And what happened to "the spirit of adventure"?
DOCTOR: What do you mean? I've never lost it.


(He goes to take a seat on the stairs going up to the balcony above.)


CLARA: Well, think of something. I'm not sitting in here all day. I want an adventure! I want see things no-one else has!


(The Doctor smiles at her upbeatness. Then jumps up and moves over to the console, once again fiddling with the controls.)


DOCTOR: Okay.


(Clara turns and skips after him.)


CLARA: Okay?


(The woman is stood outside a police telephone box. The man walks over to join her.)


DOCTOR: Okay! I'll show you something no-one else has seen. Well, apart from me, of course.
CLARA: What are you going to show me?
DOCTOR: You'll see...
CLARA: No, tell me.
DOCTOR: It's a surprise. Hold on.


(He pulls the lever and the TARDIS sets into motion as the two are thrown about the room.)


DOCTOR: Here we go!

 

CUT TO:

 

 

SC2 - EXT. 76 TOTTER'S LANE - NIGHT

(The TARDIS lands in a very familiar junkyard. The door opens and The Doctor appears. He looks around gleefully.)

 

DOCTOR: Okay. Out you come.


(Clara appears from inside the TARDIS. She shuts the door behind her and looks around.)


CLARA: Okay, Doctor. Enough suspense. Where are we?


(She crosses her arms as The Doctor moves towards the gates and spins around, arms wide open.)


DOCTOR: Welcome... to Totter's Lane!
CLARA: It's a junkyard...
DOCTOR: Yes, but not just any junkyard...
CLARA: No?
DOCTOR: No. This is where it all began. Back to the beginning!

(The Doctor grins wildly as Clara looks on confusion and amusement.)

© 2013 GibbyBlogger


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

289 Views
Added on August 11, 2013
Last Updated on August 11, 2013
Tags: Doctor Who, Eleventh Doctor, Clara, Matt Smith, Jenna Coleman, 50th Anniversary, Prequel, Back to the Beginning, Screenplay

Author

GibbyBlogger
GibbyBlogger

United Kingdom



About
Huge fan of sci-fi television series "Doctor Who" and writer of fan-fiction, following the alternative life of the Doctor. more..

Writing