Chapter four: Princess of flames

Chapter four: Princess of flames

A Chapter by Frozen-Inferno
"

Dante runs into yet another problem. With a female who also possesses powers like him.

"
I've never seen flames with such a weird pattern before. They weren't rising to obtain as much oxygen as they could like a normal fire. For some reason they were flailing. I watched this marvel and what was emerging was only amazing me more. Sandals upon the feet of this mysterious flame wielding person. The legs were rather feminine and slender so I was able to distinguish this was a female. Pants also "made" to cover her.Jeans actually so she was a city girl.  Her torso was being formed and it was covered by a white t-shirt that was slightly torn with the tail of it burned. Her rather slender arms were formed and hands were clenched into fists. Her entire frame overall was just slender. Her neck, head, face, and hair were all finally able to complete her body. That red hair of hers was pulled up in a pony tail. Maybe not to get in the way when she was using her powers or something.  Her eyes were closed and I wasn't going to lie, she was very pretty. I wasn't taken by her looks but I could say she must've been asked out a lot. Especially with the size of-- Never mind. And a red head? Totally fits the whole fire thing she had going on. I didn't even dare turn to see how Lecs was taking all of this in. He was rather quiet for some reason. Did he expect all of this to happen?
Speaking of face, I could have sworn I recognized this female from somewhere. I just honestly am wondering how did I first of all forget about someone like this and second, who was she?  Maybe I should ask her. I opened my mouth to speak but Lecs, his tone slightly shaken, explained to me just who she was. " This female who stands before us is a child of Disperdere. " I could tell that Lecs wasn't too thrilled that we have just been confronted by another of Disperdere's children. In ways I guess I could say my sister but that wasn't exactly true right? He created us all yes but like Lecs said I was born to someone else. Right? I shouldn't be focusing on this right now. My gaze was steady on this female as I readied my question. But I was cut off as she opened her red eyes to give me a death glare. If looks could kill I'd be six feet under. It looked as if she wanted that to happen. Despite her angered features towards me, her voice sounded as if it was roughened with pain. But still feminine." You don't remember me? Iris?" She sounded like she wanted to get right to business here but I was being a bit difficult and shook my head. Maybe I should request she refreshes me. Although I think that'll set her off more. " Iris? Doesn't ring a bell. How did we meet?"  Her mouth opened her features mimicked that of someone yelling. She was prepared to yell at me but something made her stop. Her mouth closed and she calmed herself, closing her eyes as her expression lightened.
I couldn't exactly read minds but from that new look in her eyes when they re-opened I could tell she had a  few cynical thoughts. Some that might even compare to my own. She finally spoke again as I raised a brow." This should be easy. An idiot with no powers." An idiot!? I'm not an idiot! How am I supposed to recall every little thing that's been going on in the past few months? She sure did strike a nerve with me. My mouth curled into a frown and eyebrows scrunched together as I spat my words back at her." Listen you hormonal witch, If you have a problem with me let's settle it." I couldn't back down just because she could wield fire and I barely knew how to use my own powers. Maybe Lecs actually believed I could do this because I heard no objections from him.  Her red eyes watched as I prepared for battle, baring my hands. Slowly an evil smirk formed on the vindictive female's face. Did she WANT this result? Did she know I had a short temper or did I just somehow offer her an unseen chance to fight me. Honestly now I regret challenging her. The only thing I was good for is lifting. But she knew how to materialize out of flames and what not. So she obviously knew more about herself then I did my own self. She didn't take a stance like I did for some reason. 
Basically we were having a stare off. I couldn't believe I got myself into this mess. But I was gonna sit here and deal with it. Somehow. The female curled her arm and opened her palm, flames beginning to gather in the center of it and forming a fireball. She threw it rather slowly and when it was close I stepped back watched the flames catch onto the grass. Now, I'm not a tree huger or anything but I didn't want to get caught up in a wildfire. Besides, there was a living thriving village nearby and I couldn't just let this flame spread consciously. I quickly raised my left foot and stomped it out, watching as they slowly died and left a burned mound of grass. But that well placed distraction was actually all she needed before I felt something clash against my chin. Did she smash her fist or something into the base of my skull? Regardless her upward spiral force was enough to make me stagger backward and spin as I did so. I planted my feet and reached up to feel on my chin, readjusting it slightly from the pain I just experienced. She almost broke my neck with that move! I felt ashamed for letting myself get off task so easily but then again I should learn to focus more in life/death situations. Looks like I'd have to avoid close combat since she was obviously very skillful in hand to hand situations. Great. Juuuuuuust great. My eyes drifted desperately looking for something to lift and use against her. If I was going to surprise her with my power I should at least make the shot worth it. She obviously wasn't holding back so why should I? Meh. Forget about it. Maybe I'll just use her own body against her.
Throwing my hands forward, A blue aura surrounded her and she quickly developed a surprised expression. I took her in the air amongst the leaves of the trees, twisting my fore arm slightly and turning her head down towards the ground. With a smirk I quickly brought my arm down and smashed her into the ground , watching as he face collided with the ground and her back arched with the strong impact. Then, suddenly it sprung back straight and she laid there flat for a second, verbally letting out a few grunts in pain. A direct hit! But, that wasn't enough to keep her down for good. I could've sworn I broke her back at least. That determination in her eyes was a tad bit intimidating but once again I couldn't show fear out here. There was no home to go and hide in. There was no one out here to protect me. So I had to stand against any and all problems that decided to confront me. Such as this female named Iris. As soon as my mind came back down to Earth I noticed Iris throwing another ball of flames at me. I had no time to dodge and unluckily for me the flames caught onto my shirt. I began to panic and patted my shirt. walking around in circle to try and get some wind going but obviously that failed and I had to just take off the shirt entirely. So she burned my only shirt.....How nice. " Ow...." I slowly said, reaching up and holding onto a burn mark on my chest. For some reason my pain was funny since Iris decided to laugh at it. This space in between us wasn't that small. Maybe I could use some speed to close this distance and surprise her. 
I saw her raised her hand and toss another ball of flames at me, my reaction consisting of me dodging to the side and then dashing forward, tackling her viciously. We both went hurtling towards the ground and I was glad to finally have done a little more to her. Unfortunately I needed to suffer the consequences apparently. Slowly I felt more heat against my own body....more....more. Until finally I started to feel as if I was cooking. A gasp of pain escapes me as  I forced myself off of her and felt the skin on my torso beginning to darken from the intense heat I was experiencing moment by moment.  Iris, covered in flames, Rose to her feet as the flames disappeared. She stood over me with her hand forward, getting ready to kill me. But, I thought quickly and thrusted my foot forward against her shin. This broke her composure as she raised her leg and lowered her arm to grab onto her shin. I rose to my feet and saw she was still in pain. Quickly, I closed my hand into a fist and then swiftly threw a punch towards her. But, she caught my fist with her free hand and raised her gaze to meet my own. Her hand began to expel flames against my own, burning it slowly as she stared me down. I wasn't going to let her think she could control me like this. I wouldn't show any fear no matter how much she put me through. But I couldn't help showing I was in pain. "Grrr..." I growled lowly to try and resist, as the flames stopped and she released my hand, noticing that the skin on it was now darkened to a burned black. I took my gaze from it and slowly turned to her, receiving a kick to the ribs. 
I'm not a doctor but that kick was enough to make me fly back and maybe break a few ribs. After I hit the ground I just laid there in pain, groaning as she approached, Then she had the nerve to stop before me and place her left foot onto my chest, slowly pressing down against it. That evil smirk decided to return....." Are you ready to die? Because I'm ready to kill you."
I never imagined it would end like this. At the hands of a girl I did something to that I hardly remember. How would things pan out with me dead? 


© 2013 Frozen-Inferno


Author's Note

Frozen-Inferno
I see this as a sort of reflection of the effort I put into Chapter three.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on July 17, 2013
Last Updated on July 17, 2013
Tags: Dante, Iris, Lecs, Gifted


Author

Frozen-Inferno
Frozen-Inferno

That one town, TX



About
I'm an amateur writer just here to share and improve my writing. I'm in the middle of writing a novel and I decided to post individual chapters as I complete here online. Any criticism is welcome. .. more..

Writing