Step Away Little One

Step Away Little One

A Poem by Gillzy
"

Pedophilia SICKENS me! One of my old male best-friends turned into something I hated!

"

A quiet, cute, lovable old dog.
A quiet, cute, lovable rabbit babe.
Placed together.
-Peace-
Suddenly,
The hound turns savage.
The bunny
Mauled
Without a care.

This is not the pet I loved
And cherished.
This is a beast.
Taking any meat it can get.
At any cost.
He indulges in the delights of
The tender young.

Your stomach churning -
You watch as the innocent,
Defenceless,
Infants
Are betrayed
And Hurt.

Having escaped the clutches of
This monster.
You turn to tell the tale.
Hoping that soon
The predation will cease,
And our progeny will be wary.

Hoping that soon
The savage will be stopped.

© 2008 Gillzy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very well written. Simple yet effective. I get the idea that although its a simple poem about a dog, raviging the young, to me it also represents howthings can be seen in the world today. How people can be so vicious towards one another and shows how Paedophiles treat their victims - liek a piece of meat & rip their lives apart.

xxx

Posted 16 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Yeeks! Scary, both fictionally and literally. Wow, you have presented a hell of a metaphor there. Some things in life are so preferably ignored because they are just so horrifying when you look right at them.
I thought that this was nifty: "-Peace- " with the hyphens on both side, it really seems to give it a space to itself.
Cheers! XD

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really like the symbolic nature of this piece. You don't come right out and say what a pedophile is and does, but it is there under the surface of your words. Nicely done.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Here, Here...Well-said, What a pit of vipers!!! Now I'm going to have to send you a poem I wrote! Titled "The Pulpit" This went to "The Vatican" and the "Archdiocese" in Melbourne, Australia...

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Superb piece of writing. This deserves more wider recogition than just this site. There are meaningful implications in the words that many others should read and absorb.
'The hound turns savage.
The bunny
Mauled
Without a care.' - that part was particularly hard hitting.
Great write.
Hope many more read.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

OMG! I wasn't excpecting this! You are a wonder at creating horror within the mind with imagry, and without even giving us that much information. I love how you leave us to ponder what happens exacly to the rabbit. IT's a sad thing, but you wrote it beatifuly!

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

this dark metaphoric poem scares me..... i believe this is the worst thing in the world. for anyone that sick to harm a child. you painted this picture well with this piece. my heart will be torn to pieces if anything happens to my nieces and nephews. their innocence should be protected.

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

extrememly deep work with subtext running rampant. is it - as mentioned - metaphoric or is it literal. internal examination required. your work indeed grows in form and content.
"you turn to tell the tale..."
i have experience witth this (related by someone close, not actual). sometimes that is the worst part.
well put togteher, tells more than one story. keep going. you get better every time.

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.

Very sad poem. Your imagery is very visual. There are so many levels to this piece. Well done.

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.

Yikes, Gillzy. What brought this on? You know the more you've moved to prose poetry the better and stronger your work is? The metaphors of the old dog and bunny were good, and the sense of betrayal is strong throughout this piece. I'm not sure if "progeny" is the right word in the 2nd last stanza, since she escaped from the monster's clutches. Sad and angry piece. Nice work. Cheers! Rob

Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.

Interesting concept of using a rabbit and dog...........
the defining roles and the savagary conveyed here
and of course, the sadness and horror of abuse.............

Hoping that soon
The predation will cease,
And our progeny will be wary.

Hoping that soon
The savage will be stopped.

Sadly it won't ever be stopped but providing more
awareness will hopefully allow young people to
speak out ............very well written and a hard topic
to cover.

Posted 16 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 7, 2008
Last Updated on August 7, 2008

Author

Gillzy
Gillzy

Scotland, United Kingdom



About
Things I have realised: My mother really is the best friend I'll ever have. Too much alcohol causes some people to be something they aren't, and that includes myself. That love, no matter wha.. more..

Writing
The Theory The Theory

A Story by Gillzy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..