Broken Ticking Clock

Broken Ticking Clock

A Story by G!o
"

A Must Read...#

"

The beauty of life. The beauty of life is something we never get to see until that point we see it being taken away from us. We never get to understand how beautiful the morning air tastes till it dawns on you that you will never breathe that air again. Am lying in bed and am certain that I won’t be here for long. I have a heart condition which has gotten worse and it has gone to the point I have been told the best I can do now is hope for a miracle.

I am writing this while am crying. Tears of joy and tears of pain. All the plans that i had are now turning to ashes. I dreamed of traveling the globe but I see now at some point in life you get to wake up. If only I had known how my journey was going to be short there are a certain things I would have never put on hold for tomorrow. That is what hurts me the most. 

Let me share with you the little that I have come to know within this short time that I have left. Life is really a beautiful thing and it is never to be taken for granted, not even when you are in grave problems, never wish that for once you were dead instead. If for once you would know you are never gon smile no more, never see the one you love again, never have a chance to see another sunrise...you would know how beautiful your life is.

 Life is short and we are not here forever. So find happiness in every situation possible. Remember the balance of life, whenever there is positive there is negative, whenever there is pain there is a stream of joy, whenever there is a question there exists an answer. God would never put you in a situation that He knows there is no solution. Yes you are bound to meet those who will hurt you, that is their purpose in your life so that at the end of it you become stronger. Don’t fall weak at the mercies of your disappointment. You were born a fighter, everybody is.

 I found someone that showed me rainbows even in the dark night somebody that showed me love even where there was no hope. For everybody there is that person. Don't live your life alone. You are punishing yourself for nothing. When you meet that one who can stay up all night just to listen to you talk, that who wakes up and hates it that you are not next to them. Treasure them a lot cuz you don wan wake up and know you will never have to see their face again. Find that who loves you at your worst and not your best. Who loves you not because you are an angel but because you are a human with mistakes. Angels are not here to make us happy but to remind us that life is worth living. Remember just because one doesn't love you the way you love them, it don’t mean they are not in love with you. Treasure your friends, yes not all of them will be what you thought but in the whole human race there is a friend who is yours. Friends are the family we have and am happy to say I have a very special friend. Life is beautiful not because how you live it but of people you surround yourself with. You will have it all but happiness is not on the skin, it is in the heart.

 Yes we have dreams but let us not let them come between us and the ones that love us. A career is wonderful but you will never curl up with it in bed. Some people come and go but keep in mind not everything that goes we took for granted. Some just make way for the better ones...so don’t be beaten down because you failed. What is success...success is not achieving all that you desired; i believe it is having that which you deserve.

 I am only 21 and I have come to the end of my journey. People look at me as if they are losing me but I am dying inside knowing that I am losing the ones that I love. There are those I did hurt and it hurts me that I’ll never get a chance to say am sorry. Imagine how you would feel when you know you won’t do what you love doing most anymore. You won’t get a chance to listen to your favorite song again. You won’t hold the one you love again. Life is short and never should you take the ones that love you for granted cuz they'll be taken away from you just when you start to realize the beauty they add to your life. I had many dreams that i wanted to achieve but the most i ever wanted was to dance with the one I love. But now it is late because I can’t even stand on my two feet. This is the chance you have. Love like there is no tomorrow, live like they is no tomorrow. Take that great leap of faith. Take the risks that you think you can’t achieve. Don’t be held down by fear cuz you may never see that chance again. I would give anything to have just one more single day on this planet but I guess it is now time for me to find the place where I belong. It was not here. Just never say I never said goodbye. I was not an angel. I was just a human trying to find my way but I made decisions that led me here. Am not here as a mistake.

 Life is beautiful and even through tears I still can see the rainbow. I swear life is beautiful I wish you could see it from my eyes. Life is about taking chances and believing in the possibilities even when it has given you every reason not to believe. Always remember you are just a ticking clock.

© 2012 G!o


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is incredible... You honestly brought me to tears... I've moved out of home, and i read this and called my baby sister. She's so beautiful, and reading this just made me realize how much i miss her, and how much more time i should have spent with her when i was still at home.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I truly dig this. A lot of wisdom to be had in these words. Ever heard of Buddy Wakefield? I think you would like him. Some of this reminded me of his poem The Information Man. Keep it up.

Posted 11 Years Ago


G!o

11 Years Ago

Thanks, I have never heard of him but I just checked some of his work and yeah. he is really good. T.. read more
- All the plans that i had are now turning to ashes.
Often you didn't capitalise your I's.
- If for once you would know you are never gon smile no more,
- Treasure them a lot cuz you don wan wake up and know you will never have to see their face again.
To say, "Know you will never have to..." Sounds sort of like you are saying you 'have' to see your friends. Perhaps you could have written: "Treasure them a lot because you don't want to wake up and know that you will never be able to see their faces again."
- Friends are the family we have and am happy to say I have a very special friend.
You often say... 'am' this and 'am' that, but it should probably be, "I am happy to say..."
- What is success...success is not achieving all that you desired; i believe it is having that which you deserve.
- I had many dreams that i wanted to achieve but the most i ever wanted was to dance with the one I love.
- But now it is late because I can’t even stand on my two feet.
I think you meant to say, "But now it is too late..."
- live like they is no tomorrow.
It should really be; 'There'. "Live like there is no tomorrow."
Anyway, sorry if it seems harsh, I don't mean for it to be because I did really love this story. It was so touching and extremely true. You wrote everything that people think about when the fear of death comes upon them. Thanks for such a true and powerful story, I loved it, thank-you :)


Posted 11 Years Ago


G!o

11 Years Ago

Thanks a lot for the review and no it ain't harsh...actually when i was writing this i was in a very.. read more
Tamelia Jade

11 Years Ago

Phew haha :) I'm glad you didn't take offense because I really did like it.
And sometimes, al.. read more
G!o

11 Years Ago

:) Thanks....
Very dramatic, full of truth and emotion.

Posted 11 Years Ago


ummmmmm.....this is relly powerful and it seriously brought me to tears :'(

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is incredible... You honestly brought me to tears... I've moved out of home, and i read this and called my baby sister. She's so beautiful, and reading this just made me realize how much i miss her, and how much more time i should have spent with her when i was still at home.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

When I first saw the length, I was reluctant to read. But then I started, and I'm...being honest here, I swear I'm on the verge of tears. This story has touched me, and it's funny I read it now, because I was feeling pretty down because I had a fight with one of my friends, and now, I'm actually picking up the phone to apologize. I can't even describe how the words said are so close to my heart, how this means so much to me, because I actually wanted encouragement, and this story is so uplifting, so motivational, and so very sad. Life is indeed short, and we must accumulate as much happiness as we can, and laugh and love like no other. I love the rush of emotions, the heavy flow, and well, this piece takes an honorary position in my 'Favorites' for me to come back and read when I'm low. Thank you so much, you made my day.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
6 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 25, 2012
Last Updated on April 25, 2012

Author

G!o
G!o

About
Well i love reading and i love writing and like any other writer i just want to be heard...i have a story to tell and few scars to show. I am just a boy trying to stay anonymous in this world where ev.. more..

Writing
Bur/Ning Pa/Ges Bur/Ning Pa/Ges

A Poem by G!o