Golden cashmere

Golden cashmere

A Poem by Warrior
"

This is a scene in which a serene and warm environment is discovered and appreciated. It also has to do with past memories from the character.

"

Golden Cashmere

  Golden cashmere a serene sound that triggers the feeling of infinite safety and endless warmth. 


As if you’re sitting on the floor by a cozy fire with a blazing mug of hot chocolate topped with smooth whipped cream, nutmeg and crushed candy cane. Snowflake embroidered fluffy socks and golden cashmere pajamas with white silky twisted trim, surrounding every edge.


Snuggled up with a romantic novel. No school, no obligations, only pure comfort.


Relaxation, she’s all alone with a fluently entertaining international best seller.


 There is a single sound that fills the room, that is the crackling of the fire in the rustic hearth. She gets up from where she sits and lights the candle she keeps on the ledge of the fireplace.


Soft cushioning carpet beneath her. It is a relatively small cottage, with the welcoming scent of burning wood and sweet vanilla. The aroma feels like you’re being wrapped in a comfy winter blanket, where your dreams take flight.


Outside has become the winter wonderland that it develops into annually. The dance of the snowflakes so graceful in the sky, sometimes extended for a while floating in midair.

Happily, not a hint of the icy world beyond touches this oak cottage.

She looks around the comforting room and takes particular notice to the grandfather clock that is placed in-between the double pane window and the self-made cherry wood bookshelf that her and her mother made together a long time ago.


The clock was passed down to her by her grandpa, but it hasn’t operated for years. 

  It is beautiful with carvings directly above its face and golden numbers behind the shiny crystal glass that keeps it safe.

 This exquisite grandfather clock serves as the pleasant reminder of her beloved grandpa.


She turns her attention once more to the book that she had taken from the over packed shelves of the cherry wood bookshelf.


 Warmth has reached the very depths of her heart and soul. Every inch of her is satisfied with such a simply perfect moment.


She continued reading with the wonderful memory of her grandfather that she loved so much. She agrees with the commonly underrated saying:


It’s the little things in life

© 2018 Warrior


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Time and time again i would like to return to this memorable room, breathe in the smells, soak up the surrounding, make it stick solid in my own memory.. thank you for the depiction of Golden Cashmere..write on

Posted 7 Years Ago


Your descriptive language is so very vivid. I can smell and feel the warmth of the fire.
You could be describing my wife. She loves cozying in a warm comfy blanket and reading to her hearts delight. She's a wonderful woman.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Warrior

7 Years Ago

thank you that is a wonderful compliment
Imagery, imagery, imagery!!! How you limned this is mind-boggling. You had so much feeling and emotion throughout the story. You had me following every word like a tail wagging dog with its dog hanging out. Tyfs!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Warrior

7 Years Ago

wow thank you so much!!
Cyprian Van Dyke

7 Years Ago

You're most welcome! :)
Soft cushioning carpet beneath her. It is a relatively small cottage, with the welcoming scent of burning wood and sweet vanilla. The aroma feels like you’re being wrapped in a comfy winter blanket, where your dreams take flight.
YOU GIVE A COMPLETE PICTURE IN MY MIND AND THAT'S A BIGGEST QUALITY OF A WRITER


super loved it

Posted 7 Years Ago


the first sentence you pointed out was a miss-type but the second one is like when I explain the winter wonderland outside the window, that is the icy world and by beyond i mean beyond the window.
So in other words the icy winters cold beyond the window does not effect the warmth inside the oak cottage.
I hope that makes sense.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Its the little things in life that truly gives meaning to memories of the past,

Beautifully written, i actually kept on getting goosebumps as i was reading it, your words made me feel like i'm the one who's in the story in the golden cashmere behind the fire pace sipping on that vanilla mug hehe.

Thank you for an other wonderful piece!

I also didn't get a couple of things,

She gets up from her where she sits
Is it supposed to be this way or is it a miss type?

not a hint of the icy world beyond touches this oak cottage
Can you explain the scenario to me ?

But all in all, it was perfect, you made this reader feel nostalgic and actually feel what was happening behind these words that you've written :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Please comment I love all feedback
:)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

844 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 5, 2017
Last Updated on January 2, 2018

Author

Warrior
Warrior

United Kingdom



About
Hi everyone I hope you all enjoy my writing, here is one of my favorite quotes: I've never met a strong person with an easy past. - Atticus more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Malice Malice

A Poem by Danie