THE ONYX - VENA AMORIS: COLLECTION OF VERSES - OF AUTHOR OF LIFE OF LOVE & ASPIRATIONS

THE ONYX - VENA AMORIS: COLLECTION OF VERSES - OF AUTHOR OF LIFE OF LOVE & ASPIRATIONS

A Book by Glen Yumang Manese
"

The Onyx ~ Vena Amoris: Collection of Verses ~ Of Author of Life Of Love & Aspirations

"

Chapters


© 2016 Glen Yumang Manese


Author's Note

Glen Yumang Manese
The Onyx - Vena Amoris
A Collection of Verses by Glen Yumang Manese
Of Author, Of Life, Of Love & In The Between Lies Aspirations

The Onyx - Vena Amoris is a
collection of verses, a mixture of author, life,
love and aspirations. The author’s journey
from the Philippines to the United
States, and all the struggles associated
with immigration and starting anew, are
revealed in the pages of this book from
the language barriers to the discovery of
a love for the written word. This book is
a testament that dreams do come true
with time and perseverance. Indeed, those
books that once challenged the author on
his path to becoming an English speaker,
were stepping stones that inspired the
author to become a poet and storyteller.

Additional information on the book at the link below:

I final finished the book and will put the first 40 verses for display here at WritersCafe --- and the book is now offered for purchase --- you can support my work --- as an E-book or book at the link below --- please pass me along to family and friends --- God bless & thank you --- all for your time & patience in this endeavor.

Here's the link:

http://www.friesenpress.com/bookstore/title/119734000012155667/Glen-Yumang-Manese-The-Onyx"Vena-Amoris

and the before --- just details as the book transition into the present.

Inspiration comes from all of you .Only if others would look into others would they find a reason in themselves to write.

Please note, you do not have to leave a comment, but are welcome to do so if you wish. I am just posting for collaboration with the photographers for my upcoming book: The Onyx – Vena Amoris.

*Due to unfortunate circumstances to the photos not being high resolution and 300DPI. I must look into new pictures for the book. Thanks again for those who read the other verses and time to review. I will post a photo/verse as I get them. I hope this collaboration with the photographers can still be salvaged and move forth with this expedition. Number of photos is (18 of 20) done with 2 more to go, before I can sail my ship forward. A storm is brewing and as captain of this ship. I must find a route away from the storm. I will not let this voyage sink. If so, I will be the last to fall with her to the abyss...

Attention this is your Captain speaking. We are in the clear. I did my own experimenting with every photographer’s photos for the book: The Onyx – Vena Amoris and I fixed the problem. I found out that expanding them helped and then doing a quick fix added life to the pictures. I am not an expert in photography by any means like you guys, but everyone is back in the game. Our ship will set sail into the blue yonder. I did pick others from your works and mismatched a few to make things work. I am in need of 2 more and will do my research for the last two photo/verse. They will all be in black and white. If the illustrations are in full color, the price of the book goes up dramatically. This voyage is going as planned. Please give a shout out and a like on their page. They deserve the credits:

https://www.facebook.com/Lmmnhd

https://www.facebook.com/NiMalleyPhotography

Another location to see my work unedited and less refined back in the year 2009. I wanted to engage in this endeavor. Never too late is now 2013 and counting. I did have another site here on Writers Cafe, but no longer use that profile in quite a long time. I believe I've erased and just lost in the archives.

http://glenyumangmanese.blogspot.com

Time and place to act is now. I have come to embrace both my heritage by right and citizenship. I feel there is a sense of purpose for writing all of these verses. A creative way understands not just the author, but also a reflective mirror to looking at oneself in the glass.

I just happen to be born Filipino. Whether my status is judge on that factor then so be, but relative to the world, we live in. Only when we as a people come together as a collective do we prove to be that what we are as humankind. There is a lot more to learn and yet we are so close-minded by the facts that are right in front for full view. I choose to waste my mind to teach others. There is a rightful place for me to grow and nurture. If be one person at a time.

A publicist, an advertisement and this is my book: The Onyx ~ Vena Amoris. Time is ticking and this will be a reality. Even with all of that on my side, the best one is word of mouth. People will judge the cover and not even look at the content. One thing people do know is how to communicate even if they have never read a page. Makes them want to come back and see what they missed.

Follow me on Twitter tag: @glenyumangmanes
Email: [email protected]

From this point down are review comments I saved for personal use. Read them/do not read is totally up to you. I understand time is not on your side, but thank you for reading my work.

This genre is on a decline, but I hope to rise to the occasion and let the people decide if poetry is really on a downward spiral or is there a spark that just needs ignited once again. After years of dedication to this, project good or bad. I have achieved no matter what. The decision is at the end of the day. I will never forget how far. I've come in the English language and this is proof of the fact.

One writer/ one reviewer: there is no such thing as a better reviewer. You state your mind and that is the joy of being. The thought process and exploring the unknown factor creates an exploration of knowledge. That all of us carry and few would like to show more in the world we live in. Even at times, we read others here and leave no comment. We leave with something to reflect that verse or story. Excerpt of a write embedded in our minds and that is what makes us improve. Ever-learning is the capacity of wonder. Thinkers of time and space in this ever-growing society we live in. Thanks for your time... That is the most you can ask from a person. Life is short and to know you have taken a moment matters.

You know there was a time when I had a hard time just reading a sentence. Let alone come this far and write a creative thought to paper. I would write down small bits of stuff and hand them to my 3rd grade teacher Mrs. Cercell. What does a kid say who barely knows English? I did my best to scribble something each day. Only because she was someone that resembled my 2nd grade teacher her twin sister Ms. Vance. I did like star stickers, too. Them being beautiful inside and out helped. They put me in remedial English and just did my best to understand. Another interesting fact I had to repeat 1st grade over again not because I did not pass and followed around another student with the same name as me. I did not know the English language well enough to advance. Here I am now in full resolution. Thanks to great teachers for never giving up on me. Time gives back what I have learned.

Glad you found wisdom and love in these verses. What is our art if we cannot let others soak in our thoughts? Our memories are past and present. What is to come as we move closer to the day? When all we are is those written letters of a much beautiful world. We leave behind a legacy to others that continue the path. We left off.

I truly believe one finds a balance with what makes them happy. Even In the event monetary is not as much. Focus to live by is not the bank account. Road for which makes them be content to the fact. Comfort, health and assurance are enough to move on this journey. We call life experience. Trial and error goes hand in hand to the development of who you are and what you want to become. Time is short and living your dream is priority.

This ever-growing world of ours and children next take reign. They develop so much faster and experience events with a click of a button. In turn they teach us more of what we've missed in life. We do our part to guide them in the right direction.

Talent can only get you so far. The rest is living out your creativity. No matter the barriers one must truly have a passion for the art. A man can eat and not be satisfied by the food. Give him the recipe of his dreams. He will be fulfilled for a lifetime.

Mirror is a reflective glass. Only contented image must realize and turn against the ways of misdeeds. No matter how you convey that in the mirror. Your reflection does not change to the person who you have become in life. Healing process is a longer road than the destruction.

Questions are avenues of the soul’s rite of passage. Is there a meaning to all of this rubbish called life? Factor existence of the fabric of your being. You do not breathe and hold. Something inside will let go and make you exhale. You're at an age when doubt comes into play. In time that will come to pass and give direction, which you seek. Meaning of life, the whole truth is a picture not a puzzle of pieces in a box already assembled. Once you put them altogether.

My Review

Would you like to review this Book?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Invisible



"Wind is just an invisible reflection.
In a calendar’s end of days gone by.
Without constant admission is your presence."


When someone come and go just like a wind, then who would not feel bad? I have also made poems about the wind and it's invisibility, so I can fully relate to this.
Nice metaphor, Glen. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Glen Yumang Manese

10 Years Ago

Good to see you back here and again thanks for your time...I'm at the last stage of this journey...o.. read more
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Creativity really matters.....
You're welcome, Glen. :)



Reviews

Have absolutely no words how on amazing this is...

Posted 6 Years Ago


Before the Dawn



Vast world is out there.

Standing is me at pivot point.

A voice out of nowhere is calling.

Will you find me before the dawn?

After me, does darkness want to settle-in?

This void is telling you to go.

Then again, time is running thin.

Your warmth is degrees off temperature.

This coldness is setting in to discomfort.

Believing is true measure of fathom.



---------Sounds that there's a gap between two people. Believing or understanding one another is the key to a good relationship. That's all I can say..
Thanks for sharing this piece.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Glen Yumang Manese

10 Years Ago

Thanks for stopping by...you know these are done and sealed...I actually wrote these --- The Onyx - .. read more
Hey, not bad, I like some of the lines. But how the F**K did you get 440,000 views?? On what web page is this linked?

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Glen Yumang Manese

10 Years Ago

Steven --- I got this linked to the book...its linked to a lot of different sites...I can only wish .. read more
Steven

10 Years Ago

Well okay, that answers that! Good luck buddy.
Presentation


"Picture is a piece of history undisturbed..."

Indeed every picture of every event, is a piece of history which on one could change....
Concise yet beautiful!




Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Glen Yumang Manese

10 Years Ago

Good to see you here...glad this book is finished...and sealed...I have been busy as of late with th.. read more
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

You're welcome, Glen.
Its an honor to see someone rise above its own setbacks.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Glen Yumang Manese

10 Years Ago

Neil - thanks for the support and time to visit my work...yes...I agree with your comment...if I wou.. read more
Manila Skies

This piece was a wonderful story and had some fantastic rhythm. I love that you shared some of your youth. And sometimes, old men just know things. Great write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Glen Yumang Manese

10 Years Ago

Pryde - thanks for your time and review of my work...yes...old men have a way with knowledge at time.. read more
This is definitely a book I would buy in print. Absolutely flawless, a beautiful way of story telling through poetry

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Glen Yumang Manese

10 Years Ago

Ciara - thanks for your time and review of my work...a couple more months to go...
Ciara Di Salle

10 Years Ago

Good luck!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
as i read my previous reviews, i see that you've changed the content and now its like i am traveling through the skylines of the sea.... i feel like this is a journey, a journal written in poetic perception of life and what's beyond... I believed my friend that your literary journey doesn't ends here... it comes more.. keep writing my friend...

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Glen Yumang Manese

10 Years Ago

Pax - thanks for visiting again and your time...this will be the first journey to be completed...and.. read more
Pax

10 Years Ago

welcome... oh, those goddess ... keep it up!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1154481 Views
64 Reviews
Shelved in 10 Libraries
Added on June 2, 2013
Last Updated on March 9, 2016
Tags: The Onyx - Vena Amoris

Author

Glen Yumang Manese
Glen Yumang Manese

Follow me at Twitter tag: @GlenManese, West Palm Beach/Pittsburgh/Makati, Philippines



About
Me in a nutshell: I am currently, done with my first book of verses: The Onyx - Vena Amoris. Friesen Press finished in December and is out for release before the holidays at the end of the year 20.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dear Lucifer Dear Lucifer

A Poem by Muse


~ Refreshment ~ Refreshment

A Poem by