Helplessly Captivated

Helplessly Captivated

A Poem by Jeremia
"

5-9-13 Not great, especially cause I feel like it needs more.

"

Here I am, drawn to you again

The moment I think I’m ok

The moment I think I’ve moved on

 

How much longer till I forget

How much longer till this ceases

Till your image is no longer burnt into my mind

 

I’ve given you over

I’ve let go

I’ve prayed so much

 

Still my heart clings

Crawling back to you

Helplessly captivated

© 2013 Jeremia


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This poem is really captivating and provokes such an after thought, even though the poem itself is quite a short one. You really captured the raw emotions, beautifully done.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jeremia

9 Years Ago

Thank you. :)
It's not easy to forget the one you love. But don't forget that you must love yourself first before you others...for there's no one who will love you truly but yourself.

Nice presentation, J.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jeremia

10 Years Ago

Thank you. :)
And yes, love must start with the realization of love within.
Dear Jeremia,

This was heartfelt, genuine, and saddening. "Helplessly Captivated" is concise yet it has the composition of a strong message.

Here is my favorite quote: "Till your image is no longer burnt into my mind"

I found this to be the potent line of captivation. Images of fantasy is hard to eliminate from the corridors of your mind.

The reader will relate to this universal poem since we have all experienced the despair of unrequited love.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jeremia

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much for your feedback. It is valued highly. :) Thank you.
Vria P Crow

10 Years Ago

You are very welcome :)
Happy writing!
Jeremia

10 Years Ago

Same to you friend. Same to you.
I agree with your thought on how it feels unfinished, but I think its a good start. It seems like you're grazing the tip of the iceberg, especially with your talents, but I think with a bit more effort I'll be able to see the feeling you mix with.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I think you've written this very well. You did a great job channeling your emotions into this. I still have some feelings for my ex, too but I'm really angry at what he'd done to me, as well. Overall, very good poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Beautifully written poem about not so much love the the lingering of love. How one tries to move on, and we sink into this world of falsehoods because we really think that we've moved on but the second we see that person our emotions are helplessly spurred again.

For this poem I would add more proper punctuation because you start the piece out with proper punctuation. Like in your second stanza a question mark at the end would do it.
Back to the work itself, I do not think that it needs anything more. You do a fine job expressing all the emotions here, and nothing is left unresolved, except for the raw emotion itself haha. If there is another idea you're try to express, or maybe a situation you're trying to show that would be the only reason to add to this. Other than that I think this is wonderful. Great Job :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Imara

10 Years Ago

Both are great expression. But each will express it in a certain way, stories you can communicate ex.. read more
Jeremia

10 Years Ago

That depends on if I'm actually able to articulate exactly how I feel. lol that seems to be the diff.. read more
Imara

10 Years Ago

Haha just do you're best and be honest. I know how you feel though. Like there is a lack of words to.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

466 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 9, 2013
Last Updated on May 9, 2013

Author

Jeremia
Jeremia

St Cloud, MN



About
Well, my name is Jeremia. I honestly don't believe I have much skill in writing, but I find it entertaining when I am able to crank out a poem and/or story. So my desire is to write and then get feedb.. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by Jeremia



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ant Ant

A Poem by zainul