I Stepped Into My Past

I Stepped Into My Past

A Poem by John Patrick Robbins AKA Gonzo
"

Just something I have had sitting around awhile collecting dust

"

I saw her a vision that once was.

Now so clearly before me she stood with no knowledge of my presence  .
And for that fact I was grateful for within I saw happiness and much like some scene not meant for human eyes I knew my intrusion would only blur the water on the silk waters view I so happened upon.

The flood of that which I had only wished to wash away held my thoughts as if it was only yesterday we were not the strangers we saw today.
She had been there before I was the character it was all simply a dream that we spoke of in the darkness and warmth of each others arms .

Please never let me leave you she said in that strange fractured sense that drew me in to begin with.
She had been broken by life not me long ago and we had simply found one another in this storm of existence and found solace in are mutual vices .

Before the bottle before my illusion of who they would believe me to be was cast she knew John.
It's good but I really don't know who would read it.
she always had that pure honesty I so deeply admired much like a child she spoke without thought and that always made me laugh.


It was a place I cared never to dwell for many miles and re writes of my own existence and buried this ghost that walked past me blind to all and in her happiness I knew only my own egos pain.  

For all people need to believe there irreplaceable let alone men like myself who's ego sails bold as a pirates  ship against the setting sun.

I stepped back into my past to view what wasn't mine to begin with.
And for those few moments I knew I had once held it all.

© 2014 John Patrick Robbins AKA Gonzo


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is deep stuff. I like the reflection here and the acceptance of what once could've been.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

John Patrick Robbins AKA Gonzo

9 Years Ago

Thank ya bud hell this has been a old write I have had sitting around for awhile so glad you enoyed .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

304 Views
1 Review
Added on November 20, 2014
Last Updated on November 20, 2014
Tags: Life, Love, Loss, Past

Author

John Patrick Robbins AKA Gonzo
John Patrick Robbins AKA Gonzo

knotts Island NC, NC



About
Well im a Baroom Poet,Comedian,And full time madman of the net. Ive been a bouncer, bartender,Dj,worked many a construction job,you name I probaly did it but enough with the foreplay amigos .. more..

Writing