Forgiveness

Forgiveness

A Story by Steven Goodykoontz
"

This is not a gay or homosexual story... It may seem that way, but you have to read it. It is a love story, but with a twist!!!!!! LOVE IT, MARRY IT, and HAVE KIDS WITH IT!!

"

There was a sad and lonely man sitting in a park bench outside of St. Louis's suburbian district.  He was a man that just got out of a divorce that left him crumpled up like a piece of paper and left to rot in the streets.  He sat there, looking at the fresh new couples, reminicing on the broken romance that he once had with his sweet Ginger. He despised the name of Ginger, and it made him sick to his stomach.  The foul stench that he got made him angry.  He hated anything that reminded him of her.

 

Another part of St. Louis, a woman was sitting at a similar park bench.  She too went through a nasty divorce.  She felt like garbage, the way that her man cheated on her, and she found out.  Steven, what a name.  Meaning outcry.  She hated anything that reminded her of him.  Even this park, with screaming kids annoyed her.  She was annoyed by the commotion.  Then she saw it, a new couple, they sat down a few yards away and began kissing.  She missed those moments that when they were freshly married.

 

"Is this seat taken?" asked a Mexican man.

The woman looked up and over her shoulder.  "Who are you?" she asked.

"I am just a stranger, my name is not important," he replied with a smile.  "But I see you look kind of sad, may I sit next to you so you can talk?"

The woman was distrubed, but what does she have to lose.  She gestured him to sit next to her.

"I found him cheating on me," she said.  "I divorced him and I hate his guts."

"Who?" asked the man.

"Steven," she replied.  "The one that I was supposed to live with forever."

"Why don't you tell me about it?" asked the man, who by the way had a slight accent of Mexican.

"I work at a department store, I work days," said said as the man nodded his head.  "I was working late, and I told Steven about it.  He put on airs and said that he was sorry and he would have dinner waiting for us.  Of course, when I got home, he seemed that he had already had dinner and the mess was in the sink.  I was tired and when I went into my bedroom to go to bed, I saw them in the bed together.  It was his secretary."

"I see," replied the Mexican man.

"Now, I do not know what to do now," she said crying.

"Are you a Christian?" asked the man with a caring voice.

"Yes," she replied.

"You know that you were right divorcing him.  The Bible does say that you can divorce your spouse for infidelity in marriage," said the man.

"It does?" asked the woman.

"Yes," replied the man stroking his mostache.

"Do I have to forgive him?" asked the woman.  "I mean, he hurt me pretty bad."

"You should always forgive others, just like Jesus forgives us of all our sins," said the man.  "For example, take Esau and Jacob.  They were two brothers that quarelled all the time.  Jacob tricked Esau into giving him his birthright for some soup.  Then he took his blessing after Jacob tricked his father into thinking that he was Esau.   Esau forgave his brother for the things that he had done.

"Even Jesus loves you.  He died for your sins.  He could have left this world for dead.  But he did not.  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son to die for us, so that we may have everlasting life.  If it weren't for forgiveness, we would not be having this conversation right now."

The woman stood up, she whiped away her tears.  "You know what, you are right," said the woman.  "I need to forgive Steven."

The man smiled as the woman walked away.

 

A few hours later, just as the man was getting up and the sun was about to set, the woman rolled up to the park.  She ran up to the man, crying.  The man looked at her and began to cry as well.

"Steven," said the woman, "I forgive you.

"Gigner," said the man, "I am sorry for the pain that I made you go through.  I am sorry for taking my secretary, who actually I fired, over you."

They kissed each other.  

"Steven," said Ginger, "will you take me back to be your wife?"

"Yes," replied Steven.

 

A few weeks later, they were married again.  Their marriage stronger than the last, and they soon had kids.  Two boys be exact.  They named one Jacob, and the other Esau.  They both go to the parks that they were at after the divorce, but Ginger never gets to see that man again that helped her find forgiveness.

© 2008 Steven Goodykoontz


Author's Note

Steven Goodykoontz
Sorry if this story is bad, but it has a meaning in it. FORGIVENESS!!!!!! OH YAH, THE MAN WAS JESUS!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

271 Views
Added on May 5, 2008
Last Updated on May 5, 2008