Please Stop!!!

Please Stop!!!

A Story by Gorgon

"Oge! Oge!.. Are you listening?" yelled Professor Wong. I could definitely hear my name mangled by his Chinese accent; it's just that there were bigger things happening in my life right now that needed more attention than a post lunch physics lecture from Professor Wong. "I have to go Dr Wong". He was stunned. "What?... Why?". I didn't answer I just had to go. I got the text from Victor. He was waiting outside in a car. I am a physics major from the University of Cincinnati. You wouldn't believe me even if I told you where we were headed. We were going to rob a store. My name is George, George Oge from Cincinnati Ohio. I am 23, 6ft tall, well built, with broad shoulders, good looking. And more importantly I am BLACK.  

I lost my dad when I was 6 years old. I was returning home with my mother. It was Christmas Eve. Dad promised to decorate the home with lights and he kept his promise. There were red and blue lights everywhere in front of my home. Cop cars. I was informed that my dad was not coming back forever. I was too young to understand, apparently he was shot dead by street thugs in a mugging incident. Welcome to my neighborhood. 

It's difficult for a single black mother to tend to 3 kids (me and my 2 younger sisters) on her own in a rough neighborhood such as ours. But my mother is a fighter, a survivor. She is rude, nasty, foul mouthed and uneducated.But everything I am today I owe it to her. Trash collection, Janitor, Pizza delivery, Grocery loading/unloading and what not. We have toiled, bled and worked our a*s off for the past 20 years to reach where we are today. Both my sisters go to public school and I just started college and It took everything we had, every bit of property, every possible loan, every ounce of physical strength, every drop of blood from the family to get here. 

And in 2 hours time I will be risking it all. Aren't you surprised? I am already in shock, feeling completely numb sitting next to Victor, my neighbor and  2 of his local thug friends in the car. We are headed straight to rob a liquor store.  I need 8000$ in cash and I need it fast. I just don't have a choice. Early this morning I got a call from the Cops that my mother met with a road accident and is fighting for her life. Apparently some lady in the car was texting in her phone while driving and didn't see my mom crossing the road.

Here I am 2 hours away from risking everything meaningful in my life to save my mom.  I could get arrested. I could lose my life. My sisters can end up in the streets. And worse I could lose my mom. I don't know how this mess is going to end.   All I can request from you folks reading this is Stop texting and driving. Please Stop!! Please!! Somebody could get hurt real bad. 

© 2015 Gorgon


Author's Note

Gorgon
Any review is welcome. This article was tailor made for the Pathos Contest.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Such a problem with so many people who have their heads up their bums. it needs to be spoken. nice buildup, character development, all great. you really feel for him that he would have to jeopardize where he is at to save his mother but obviously that would be the choice if he was stuck in between a rock and a hard place. Nice work.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Gorgon

8 Years Ago

Thank You for taking your time and reading through it Jesse :) .. The impact of our actions however .. read more



Reviews

Such a problem with so many people who have their heads up their bums. it needs to be spoken. nice buildup, character development, all great. you really feel for him that he would have to jeopardize where he is at to save his mother but obviously that would be the choice if he was stuck in between a rock and a hard place. Nice work.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Gorgon

8 Years Ago

Thank You for taking your time and reading through it Jesse :) .. The impact of our actions however .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
1 Review
Added on December 16, 2015
Last Updated on December 18, 2015

Author

Gorgon
Gorgon

Austin, TX



Writing
Exon Exon

A Book by Gorgon