When The Moon Shines

When The Moon Shines

A Story by Bexfinch
"

Just another Ariel Writes

"

A/N: I dont know I started this story pronto because my mind is just abuzz and I want to avoid texting IMing callinng the other half of what is Amazingness right here. I am as irrational as a madwoman sometimes but after writing I feel better. This made me feel better. It was made to show some pent up thoughts and In general entertain :)

"It is fear,"

The crackle of smooth air echoes through the courtyard.

"What,"

I nod gripping the splintering wood of the bridge.

“It’s fear that drives me,” I shiver at the thought so openly revealing itself. “I'm afraid," The words come out broken and without meaning.

I feel arms encircle my waist pulling me from the railing, covering me in false security. A chest presses against my back. The skin is peppered in Goosebumps from the indifferent midnight air.

"Maybe," He whispers. "You wouldn’t be so afraid if you were able to trust,"

I shut my eyes gasping releasing the pent up stress, exasperated.

“Trust who! I damn sure can't trust me to not mess things up for myself,"

I felt like a child thrown out to sea, helplessly holding on to my life jacket, forced to believe it would save me from drowning.

"Trust that someone other than yourself can help you," The words murmured come out as a husky grumble causing my heart to tighten.

"I just need to know I can save my self, that I don’t need someone treating me like a child, helping me! That I am who I think I am,"

I know it’s happened again. I can feel the disappointment growing. I have taken the wheel and managed to beach myself.

"No one knows who they are; no one does, at least who they really are,"

"How does that help my dissolving perception of self," The wood rail splits underneath my desperate clutching.

He takes my hands and turns me around bringing a hand sadly to my face guiding it to the blue velvet sky.

“The moon needs no one to tell her she is, she knows she is the master; the seamstress of the night. Without her the sun would reign forever and there would be no peace,”

I tear my eyes away from the milky luminescence of the moon wistfully. "What does that matter?"

He shrugs simply “Without her the stars would never get a chance to shine,"

I close my eyes appreciating the blank canvas painting his words.

"What you mean is the relinquishment of one thing is a catalyst for good things to take place,"

There was a low tinkling of water as the wind blew over it like wind chimes. The sound was light and airy piercing the silence.

"I'm saying let go of your fear," He gripped my face in his warm hands. Kissed my forehead once. And left.

I stood on the bridge staring into the opaque waters gripping what seemed to be my fear by a thin cord. The thing growled desperately begging me not to release.

Slowly I did, and slowly it floated.

© 2013 Bexfinch


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Mostly dialogue, but the brief bits of description you had worked well with it. The story was a little airy and nebulous, but you used some very vivid imagery and there was obviously a good deal of emotion in this piece. I'm definitely a fan, good job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bexfinch

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)



Reviews

"I felt like a child thrown out to sea, helplessly holding on to my life jacket, forced to believe it would save me from drowning."

Artfully written. I love your imagery and the way your character was able to overcome their fear and release it. The beautifully poetic lines embedded in this piece made it come to life in my mind. You truly have a gift for writing and I hope you continue to use it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mostly dialogue, but the brief bits of description you had worked well with it. The story was a little airy and nebulous, but you used some very vivid imagery and there was obviously a good deal of emotion in this piece. I'm definitely a fan, good job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bexfinch

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

429 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 16, 2013
Last Updated on February 16, 2013

Author

Bexfinch
Bexfinch

Jacksonville, FL



About
I felt a need to clean up my profile after having it for three years Name:A title a person gave to me before I was consciense Age: Old enough to write Occupation: Learning as much as I can as.. more..

Writing