The Perfect Murder

The Perfect Murder

A Story by K. Gourav

                                   

The sound of moaning and cries were heard outside Mr. Mehta’s house. He wasn’t a man whom you could ignore, The CEO of Beckman Enterprise. It wasn’t just his death that raised eyebrows, the manner in which he died, and missing of his immediate successor raised more chances of a  murder. After all who wouldn’t crave to be the CEO of a billion dollar company, and Mr. Raghav Verma (his immediate  successor) was an ambitious  and money craver.

 

“Shyam, pick up the fingerprints of each and every employee and match them with the ones that were found on the office desk of Mr. Mehta”, said Inspector Divyansh.  While examining The CEO’s cabin, few suspicious elements were found, a coffee mug, unidentified handkerchief and a knife smeared with blood. All that could lead to the murderer……..

The Computer experts who were checking all the account details of the company found a transaction of  Rs. 500 crores from the Main Account after a day of the murder.  And the Beckman had their own special rules that the transcation higher than Rs. 100 crores would solely be authorized by the CEO. The doubts narrowed even further.

But suddenly Shyam exclaimed, “No fingerprints found sir!!!!” , “That’s impossible! How can one sneak into the office without leaving a trace of anything.” Said the inspector.  He went out and called everyone in the office, ”So your boss is dead, your next in line Mr. CEO is missing, or maybe is hiding. Seriously you guys didn’t hear a single sound when he was murdered. Are you all into it, he was stabbed to death and as you all said only top level officers met him, tell me who else could have killed him..???”

 

“Sir,  Mr. Verma is a nice man, he and Mr. Mehta were best of the friends. “ a voice came from behind.  “And may I know who are you?” asked Shyam. “I am Rahul, the acting  CEO of the company till we find a new one.”  He replied. “ Shyam, We’ve got a lead, lets go quick.”

 

Divyansh and Shyam quickly moved to their vehicle and on their way he said that the snoop dogs that had come found another piece of clothing while following the smell.  They quickly went over there and saw the evidence, and not to their utter surprise the clothes had Mr. Verma’s driving license. The one under suspicion was now presumably dead. Shyam decided to go to Mr. Verma’s house without seeking permission of his senior officer. The door of the house was open; suspiciously he took out his revolver and went In.

“Please don’t kill us, you all have already taken him away.”, yelled a voice. “I am sub-inspector Shyam, I am searching for Raghav.” Said Shyam. She replied,” You policemen are scoundrels, first you took him away, now you are searching for him.” Feeling shocked by these word, he further enquired and quickly rode his bike to Inspector Divyansh’s home. “Son, Congratulations for being promoted,a few days more and you will attain real power.” Lines like these were heard by Shyam outside Divyansh’s house. He quickly went in and to his shock he saw Rahul. “Welcome Shyam, meet my son Rahul, oh you have already met him.” Said the inspector. Things were becoming a bit  clear in Shyam’s mind .  he asked , ”What’s going on??”.  “AAAA………” and things fainted became blurry  near his eyes as he fainted. When he woke up Rahul was infront of him,” You see Shyam you are a good chap, but you got to die, you see I wanted to be the CEO but these two idiots were on my way, so my dad and I planned this. Mr. Mehta wasn’t stabbed to death, he was first poisoned and then stabbed for suspicions to fall on Vermaji, we kidnapped him, but that idiot tried to run away, we had to kill him. And thank you for being our savior because you just died in a shootout with Mr. Verma.”

 

Shoot and dead.

 

And Shyam died a death which shouldn’t have come to him and the evil ruled and made Shyam the hero of the company and police force for giving his life in a shootout. Rahul is now the CEO of the company, and Divyansh a retired policeman.

© 2016 K. Gourav


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on August 11, 2016
Last Updated on August 11, 2016

Author

K. Gourav
K. Gourav

Jamshedpur, India



About
I am a traveler and techie and love to read and write quite a lot of genres. more..