Rain

Rain

A Chapter by Grace

I find the early morning rain and car headlights look so beautiful together. It's amazing how something so deadly or strange can look so beautiful.
I don't think humans appreciate natural beauty, no one realises that nothing has to be perfect to be pleasing to the eye. Most people will get up in the morning and when they see rain, they see hell, they see the greyness of the day like the greyness of their mood, but there's more to it.
Rain helps the plants grow, creating life, a treat to the earth, a treat especially to humans.
Not only that but no one realises how relaxing rain is.

I only just started to think this when I was sat on the bus watching the raindrops chase each other on the window. The lights from cars reflected on every raindrop and the tarmac road was as pristine as a mirror. My music was mellow and flowing, synchronising with the running raindrops. I felt peaceful.
The humming of the bus pushed right to the back of my mind and I found myself getting lost in the rain and the music. As I looked at everyone sat on the bus, they seemed so, done. It's like rain puts a cloud over their presence. I noticed one boy and he had his earphones placed into his ears, watching the trickling raindrops. He made no interactions with anybody, like me. I began to wonder if he was feeling the same way as me, and I thought it could be possible.

I felt less alone, and smiled to myself at how maybe rain is just another beautiful thing that people take for granted.
You'll be wondering "how is rain beautiful?"
Here, let me set a scene in your head and you will see the beauty in such a different way. The next time it rains, preferably in the morning or the dark of the night. Take your lover out and slip your hand into theirs, feel the rain wet your cold soft hands, run your thumb across her chin, and begin to brush back her hair. Place your cold hand upon he neck, and watch her eyes stare deeply into yours, her eyelids gently closing as she starts to feel the fireworks in the pit of her stomach. As her heavy eyes shut, fall into the rain coated kiss you were both waiting for. Feel her smile through it as she holds the back of your neck tightly.

That is true beauty.


© 2016 Grace


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You are absolutely right, we take too much for granted. I try to see as much as possible through the photographers eye and ever since I started looking for things to photograph, have found loads that in other days I would have missed. I love watching the rain through my kitchen window, preferably with a coffee in hand and find it almost hypnotic, it is so relaxing.
And you are also correct about the perception of what is beautiful and what is not. I remember a saying, from of all people Billy Connolly, who said when talking about vanity that beauty may only be skin deep, but ugly goes straight through to the bone.
Enjoyed reading this, keep it up.


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Grace

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your feedback, it is honestly a great feeling to have such a positive comment... read more
alifeacoustic

8 Years Ago

You're very welcome:)



Reviews

"her eyelids gently closing as she starts to feel the fireworks in the pit of her stomach." I love this line. Absolutely poetic and great imagery! I do agree. I have always loved he rain and really do feel blessed to be able to see beauty in ordinary things. It makes me sad that not everyone feels the same way. Some people even take something totally naturally beautiful and don't even see it. I am not sure how this piece would fit into the chapter of a book. However, I love the imagery and the message. You could work a bit on your transitions. It is a bit choppy especially when you switch focus and "set the scene" for your readers. It seems to take a hard left there. Try working a bit on the flow. Excellent work :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Grace

8 Years Ago

Thank you for your feedback! I agree with you. I think if this was to go in a book, it would be simp.. read more
You are absolutely right, we take too much for granted. I try to see as much as possible through the photographers eye and ever since I started looking for things to photograph, have found loads that in other days I would have missed. I love watching the rain through my kitchen window, preferably with a coffee in hand and find it almost hypnotic, it is so relaxing.
And you are also correct about the perception of what is beautiful and what is not. I remember a saying, from of all people Billy Connolly, who said when talking about vanity that beauty may only be skin deep, but ugly goes straight through to the bone.
Enjoyed reading this, keep it up.


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Grace

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your feedback, it is honestly a great feeling to have such a positive comment... read more
alifeacoustic

8 Years Ago

You're very welcome:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 23, 2016
Last Updated on February 23, 2016


Author

Grace
Grace

York, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom



About
I simply just write as a hobby, but as opinions on my writing have built up, I decided to take a step forward and see what you think. Your opinions will be greatly appreciated. I'm 16 years old, an.. more..

Writing
11pm. 11pm.

A Chapter by Grace


The Woman in Black. The Woman in Black.

A Chapter by Grace