Black Violin

Black Violin

A Poem by Ali
"

I'm not quite sure how to categorize this one so we'll go with fantasy...

"

Dance,
Oh slaves to love and romance.
Dance to the tune of this black violin.
Let it sweep you away,
In waves of shadow ebony.

Waltz,
Oh prisoners of the heart's desires.
Waltz to the beat of this black violin.
Let it possess you,
With it's blessed otherworldly serenade.

Sing,
Oh messengers of the netherworld's lust.
Sing to the sonata of this black violin.
Let it lead you,
Into a dream of dark pleasure.

Follow,
Oh followers of this black violin.
Follow my step, my breath, my voice.
Surrender yourself to my spell,
And let me show you how deep my love can run.

© 2008 Ali


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Imagrey is amazing. I love the romantic call you place into your stanzas and how you break them apart. I especially loved the first stanza because of the lovely diction it possessed. It seemed as though they had a dark twang to it by using words such as "lust" and "pleasure" and "desires" a dark romance is instilled here. I can feel the power of the black violin and your words capture the reader's heart. Oh my. "In the waves of shadow ebony," I loved this the most.

The second stanza, the last line seemed kind of like a mouth full to me, but hey, the black violin still sweeps me up into a grand sight.

The third stanza flowed heavenly and the last stanza ultimately dazzled me. I give you applaud.

Sincerely Livana Lowell (LL)

God Bless

Posted 12 Years Ago


WOW

i LOVEEEE this!!!
I don't even know what to say...i just love how it's so ominous and haunting, it's a really really good elegant gothic piece.

LOVEEE



Posted 15 Years Ago


Dark, and sensuous. I'd imagine a similar tone to a dark violin if it were but possible to achieve a natural resonating black.
Love the poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


exceptional!
incredible!
beautiful!
i think ive said enough lol
-arabella

Posted 15 Years Ago


Very good job. I loved how you started all of your stanzas with one worded lines. Very catchy.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love this. Maybe it's because I play the violin. I don't know. But it's funny it seems everyone else writes about the violin except for me. And I'm a violinist! In a way I thought it was sort of whimsical. My question is why a black violin? The sound is just as magical with colors of browns or ambers.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 30, 2008

Author

Ali
Ali

Salida, CO



About
Hey guys, my name's Ali. I am natively born and raised in the Rockies of Colorado and love every minute of it! Okay, not every minute, but, yeah, anyhow...I ride horses almost constantly (around schoo.. more..

Writing
The Aristocrat The Aristocrat

A Poem by Ali


Waning Night Waning Night

A Poem by Ali