Winter Break 2011/2012

Winter Break 2011/2012

A Chapter by Green Regol
"

Tis the season.

"
I spent most of my time home writing the play version of my book Everlasting Life. I was in the zone - I couldn't stop. My brain was in a world and I had to keep going before I lost it.
When I wasn't writing, I was playing Oblivion. When Doug came back for his winter break, I spent as many days with him as I could.
CHRISTMAS
I got Marina a boss Zefron poster. It's not so much the celebrity at it was the reference to the Very Potter Musical that made it special. For a year or more we joked about getting it. When I actually got it for her, she hugged me and I think she even started tearing up. She was so shocked - couldn't stop laughing. She wanted to bring it with us to Auntie Elba's house when we went for Christmas dinner.
December 28
I finally got Evan to stop trying to declare his undying love to me. Actually, my younger cousin did. I let her take my phone the last time he texted me.
Elena: Heeeeey It's Diannnaaa's cousin, Eleennnaaa.
Evan: Helllloooooo Eleeeennnaaaa!!!
Elena: Hiii (: Hoow arre yooou? (:
Evan: I Ammm GOOOOOoOOOo4 HOW IS you :)
Elena: I'm gooood (...) do you gotss yourself a girlfrienddd?
Evan: Daattttsssss goooooood nnnnnooooo noooooo, nos I doooont.
Elena: It's not cause you're waiting for Diana, righttt? Cause we both know that's never gonna happen hahahah.
Evan: Lollll Iiiii ssssupppppooooossseeee.
Elena: What do you mean you suppose?
Evan: Looollll I dunnnnooooo
Elena: Talk normal. And it better not be you suppose it might not happen. Because believe me, it won't. She's craaaaazy about Doug. And if they ever do break up, which I highly doubt, she's gonna be into a MAN. Somebody she just met that is interesting. I'm sorry hun. Plus, her and Doug got engaged on Christmas, so you reeeeeally have no shot. Sorry bub :/
 Evan: Engaged? Really?
Elena: Yeaah, she didn't tell you? It was soo romantic!!! She told me all about it cause it was kinda a private moment. 
Evan: Wow I did not know that.
Elena: But please dude you can't tell anybody yet. We're keeping it between the families. You chilkl with that?
Evan: Okay, no problem. When's the wedding?
Elena: They haven't decided on a date yet. Probably sometime after they graduate college.
Evan: Wow that's not something you hear every day...
Elena: So you don't like her anymore? (:
Evan: I guess so. I'm going to have to get that into my head... Find someone else, I guess.
Elena: Get that into like your whole body hahahahah. She's waaaay taken. I'm sure there's a bunch of girls in your school that would like you. (:
Evan: So for the first time I'll say it. No I do not love Diana anymore.
Elena: Good  buddy (:
Evan: Lol thanks I know there are. Being so extremely well known, I get that a lot from people.
Elena: Whaaaaaatt
Evan: Lol well since I've met Diana, I know at least 2 people who've liked me at some point and there's probably more.
Elena: Well that's good. Go get one of those!!
Evan: I guess I will.
Elena: Good (: And you better be telling me the truth about being over her! -_-
Evan: I am telling the truth. As of tonight I'm moving on. I wonder what Rachel (Last name)'s up to?
Elena: Hah. I'm happy you're over her (:
Evan: Lol certainly unusual actually considering myself single instead of just waiting.
Elena: You always were single.
END
I'm not engaged, by the way.
NEW YEARS
I spent it at Doug's house. It was a party with a bunch of friends and their parents, because all the parents had befriended each other. I don't really care for these friends. Brandon aside, I think they're silly. In a ridiculous kind of way. I wasn't dying to the them, nevertheless it was good to see them anyway. This was the last day I saw everyone before I went back to Georgia.
Doug drove me home after the balldrop. Our goodbye wasn't nearly as long as the last one, nor was it teary. I was it was. I needed to cry, but I couldn't. It didn't feel like that was the last time I'd see him in 3 months. We hugged and kissed at my front door, and then we parted.


© 2012 Green Regol


Author's Note

Green Regol
Typing up that conversation was exhausting.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

411 Views
Added on July 13, 2012
Last Updated on July 13, 2012
Tags: winter, snow, Christmas, Doug, Marina, Zak, Efron, Zefron, poster, present, gift, holiday, break, vacation, Potter, Evan, Elena, married, marriage, engaged, lie, phone, cell, conversation, stalker


Author

Green Regol
Green Regol

NJ



About
Green Regol, author of “Forgive the Monster,” hails from Pennsylvania and is a recent graduate of the Savannah College of Art and Design, making it out alive with a Bachelors Degree in Dra.. more..

Writing
Wasn't Me Wasn't Me

A Story by Green Regol