Stacey (short horror) part 4

Stacey (short horror) part 4

A Story by GC
"

still there?

"

STACEY


[part 4]


Mika jumped up and fell back knocking the clock from the side board and it swung down on the electrical chord and smashed against the fireplace. The red glowing numbers flickered �" I remember that quite vividly.


it announced it was 11:34 as it swung back and forward, upside down.

As I watched the digital display Mika screamed as the numbers changed and flickered with each swing.


hE:II


I glanced around the room at the shocked faces, Mika held her face jack and Barry stared at the board. Daniel was backing away to be with Michelle, pulling the baggie from his pants- obviously the night was moving on for him and‘chelle, but Stacey was mesmerized.

She was rooted to the spot her finger still resting on the crystal glass. I watched her wide eyed expression for as long as it took Mika to back away from the fireplace and pick up her jacket.


“smash it…..smash the glass….do it now!” she cried.


“to hell with that” i objected, it was my Crystal whisky set of six I had received from my father.

 Mika didn’t listen and grabbed it from the board and aimed a pitch at the fire place. I was faster, and grabbed her arm before she could pitch the glass- levering it from her cold fingers.

“Mika, calm down…..she's just f*****g with you…aren’t you Stacey!” I tried to smile. Mika stared back and I could see genuine fear in her eyes. Stacey didn’t reply- she just gazed at the board. Pretty freaky thinking back.


I tried to calm the situation by pouring another tequila into the Ouija glass and downing it, much to the disgust of Mika who made a bolt for the door. The room had got colder, even although the fire raged �" maybe it was because I was in my boxers and someone was walking over my grave- sending chills up my neck. She stood in the flickering light and adjusted her clothing as Michelle and Daniel snuggled up to each other and lit up another joint. Barry and Jack where bundling up their clothes and searching for their boots under the coats in the corner. And that's where I realised the party was over.

“dude, this is some freaky s**t man- I'm out Michelle you comin?” Daniel grunted in his stoned state. They both disappeared into the other spare bedroom for some quiet time together.


Now I remember everything about the party, I remember them all making their excuses and getting ready to leave, I even remember putting on my lumberjack shirt to warm up, and phoning for a cab for Mika. What I don’t remember is any of them leaving. Only Stacey getting friendly. That and her pouring me another tequila into the Ouija glass...oh  and the room getting colder.


 Barry, jack and Mika had all said they were leaving but I just couldn’t picture them leaving my house. My head throbbed again as the gas in my belly gurgled around in my gut. I should call Daniel see what the hell happened last night.

I got to my feet and walked around the debris on the floor, scratching my backside and smacking my tongue against the dry roof of my stinking, cotton mouth while I searched for my cell phone. I remember making the call and...my lumberjack shirt!


 I stuck it back in my lumberjack shirt. So where the f**k was my lumberjack shirt?


I went back into my dark bedroom and turned on the light, the smell was thick and overpowering- so I only glanced around but saw no shirt. I walked to the next room and poked my head through the door to see if Daniel and Michelle were still there. I pushed open the door slightly so their was enough light from the living room to make out the floppy foot poking from under the covers., and then pulled the door closed again leaving them alone.


I made my way back over to the kitchen and searched the junk on the table for my phone. Bottles and take away cartons were strewn all over the place.


A jingle reminder bleeped from a glittery handbag that was plopped on top of a Chinese takeaway foil tray, and I noticed the congealing sauce had stained the corner of the bag as it soaked up the tasty leftovers. I pulled it from the tray and placed it on the table, Michelle will be pissed when she wakes up. The jingle continued to ring its annoying message tone, so I opened the bag and rummaged for the phone. The display said 2 messages so I opened it and read the first �" she wouldn’t mind.


DUde some night last night are you okay, you took a mental- chelle left her bag and her phone when you get up give me a call- cheers Dan!


So you can imagine my surprise when I read the text. I looked up and over to the room I'd just been into - who the f**k was in the bed?


I dropped the phone back into the curry stained bag, then made my way over to the bedroom again. This time I cracked the door completely open and made no effort to be quiet. Instead I walked briskly over to the futon and stared at the tanned foot sticking from the duvet. I slowly pulled back the cover.


In the initial moments, it was just shock. I didn’t know what, or who I was staring at. The blood on the face hid their features. I remember stumbling back and pulling the rest of the covers with me as I fell to the floor- revealing Mika's bloodied still body... in my blood soaked lumberjack shirt!


What the hell happened last night?

© 2015 GC


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

368 Views
Added on January 20, 2015
Last Updated on January 20, 2015
Tags: horror, horror story, story, games

Author

GC
GC

Australia



About
hi, thanks for stopping by. names Gregg, living in Australia, trying to put together a science fiction masterpiece with two years worth of notes, short stories and random thoughts. more..

Writing