Angelic Sunset

Angelic Sunset

A Story by ~Nina~
"

Oh, dazzling sunset, how I love you so.

"
I run my fingers through the soft blades of grass, relived to finally have a moment of peace. The sun gradually lowered into the night, setting a rose color amongst the array of clouds. Wind whistled through the treetops, gently blowing strands of golden hair across my face. The pattern of flowers I sat atop was gorgeous; a petite bunch of bright violets. The sky darkened, and the moon slowly revealed itself. Creatures such as squirrels, chipmunks, deer, and bears were trotting back to their homes, and preparing themselves for the night. While I simply lay on the comfortable terrain, gazing up at the heavens.

The final specks of sunlight vanished, and I was left in utter darkness, awaiting the predators whom prowl the the night. Though, instead of feeling frightened as most would, I lay my head on my hands as a pillow, and let my ears listen to the symphony of howls, hoots, and the occasional roar. Not one thought about the vicious fiends crossed my mind that night. I was comforted by the stars glimmering in the darkness above, and the obvious fact that the sun will soon return tomorrow, greeting me with its blissful rays.
But for now, goodnight, sun.

© 2013 ~Nina~


Author's Note

~Nina~
Simply something I wrote in my free time, not putting much thought into it. It probably isn't that appealing. It needs much more work, I know.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It was very peaceful. My personal opinion is that it would have went better as a poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago


~Nina~

10 Years Ago

Possibly. Thank you.
It was deep and thoughtful.. I could picture it all in my mind. Even though while writing you didn´t put much thought into it, it had a lot of depth and thought, I like that.

Posted 10 Years Ago


~Nina~

10 Years Ago

Thank you.
It is appealing because it brings us to a magical time that I know most would enjoy as much as your story indicates. Nice.

Posted 10 Years Ago


~Nina~

10 Years Ago

Thank you.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 27, 2013
Last Updated on May 27, 2013
Tags: short story, sunset, nature

Author

~Nina~
~Nina~

Manitou Springs, CO, CO



About
Hello, everyone. Well, obviously, I have a deep passion for writing, and do it nearly everyday. In my lifetime, I have written many poems, short-stories, and novels, and I hope to share many of them w.. more..

Writing
Flames Flames

A Poem by ~Nina~


My Wee Dolly My Wee Dolly

A Poem by ~Nina~