Demon and the Rubber Titt.

Demon and the Rubber Titt.

A Poem by Christopher Norton
"

An observation of the need to suckle; through all stages of life.

"
   Really, I have to be honest with myself. I know why I m fucked up and what I'm really looking for. I wouldn't know what to do with it if I had it. Maybe I have it now. The thing that cries out from even the vilest, darkest soul. Communion... not in the religious sense. The baby inside screaming to be held, fed, loved. It is something we can't do for ourselves. It has to come from another. When we are old enough to feel the need we fill it with all the wrong s**t; dope or meaningless sex or shiny toys. Synthetic love. quick shots of hollow passion. Glowing boxes with flashing lights to hypnotize us. Numb and distracted the voice still screams out. Feed me. Hold me. Love me. Babies are easy to shut up. A rubber tit and a blanket. In ingraining the impulse for filling the crying hole with anything that fits. The little demon inside sucks his thumb in the corner, scowling at the world. Gnawing to the bone and cursing the self inflicted agony. Still I bite because I'm hungry.

© 2014 Christopher Norton


Author's Note

Christopher Norton
Feed me. Love me. Or I'll throw such a tantrum...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A need in all of us, you express it powerfully, enjoyed this one :) x

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Christopher Norton

10 Years Ago

This one came to mind when I read "Green Eyed Monster" I sense that we have walked similar roads.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

358 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 5, 2014
Last Updated on March 5, 2014
Tags: life, addiction, abandonment, love, mother, inspiration, depression, tacos

Author

Christopher Norton
Christopher Norton

S. Glens Falls, NY



About
Subtlety is not my style. How can I describe myself without sounding self-indulgent? I could say something dark and clever but the truth is, I'm an uneducated, high school dropout who has never don.. more..

Writing