Make a Wish

Make a Wish

A Poem by Giulia King

There's something hauntingly beautiful about the way she carries herself. 
Even if her heart is shattered in a million pieces, 
she's always mindful of the type of energy she surrounds herself with. 
And I am forever jealous of her relationship with the starry sky. 
. . . 
You.  
Her deep dark eyes searched for his. 
"You take me to places, I've never known before. 
How did you know my favorite thing is star gazing?" She asked. 
"I knew it, simply by the way your eyes light up when the sun goes down. 
No one fancies the darkness as much as you do."  
"It's not darkness to me", she says with a frown on her face. 
"There's something magical about the stars in the velvety sky."  
"What's so magical about it?" He asks. 
"You can close your eyes and make a wish and it will come true."  
"Do you trust me?"
"Always," he says. 
As she reaches out her hand to him she says,
"Close your eyes, make a wish and think of me."  
He takes her hand, 
closes his eyes 
and makes his last wish.


© 2017 Giulia King


Author's Note

Giulia King
I hope you're not bored with my poems about stars. Enjoy. x

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

'Make a wish'
Giullia King,
The bible, in the first book which is Genesis speaks of the stars.."rule the night." If a person lives in the city Our human street lights, car head lights, building lights and all of the other types of lights actually rob of us of Heaven's beauty. Now it's different isn't it in a desert far away from big cities.? The heavens become a mass of light which nothing we contrive can ever compete! The most beautiful light- everything is illuminated by it's glory. I am not surprised that stars are captivating to we human beings. I could go on and on. I better quit. Thanks for your beautiful poem. for the eternal wish of caring between two people and their love and hope. The ending was pretty neat two. Like a wish upon a star.
Blessings,
Kathy

Posted 5 Years Ago


So romantic. Your use of words made me actually visualize this happening between two teenagers. Exquisitely written.

Posted 6 Years Ago


what can i say about the stars a lovely write truly.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lovely poem...I love the stars at night..I truly the romantic sentiment in this write...excellent. :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


The more i read your writings the more i fall in love with them. Beautiful. Loved it...

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

7 Years Ago

It makes me so happy! :D
Beautiful, and deep, and poignant.
This has a nice lilt and flow...a pleasure to read.
Nicely done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much! :)
I haven't noticed the "star" theme in your writing, but you do it so well without resorting to any clichés. I love this poetic conversation that plants ideas in our minds without fully revealing what happened that lead to the sad ending. There are so many ways this can be interpreted. Like maybe sometimes in life we only get to take one trip to the stars, then our opportunities cease & we're left with a mix of remembered magic mixed with regret. Your writing here is like a dance.

(Sorry I've been gone from this website awhile. I've missed reading you & I'll get caught up soon!)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

7 Years Ago

So sorry for the delay here. Thank you for this amazing, sweet review! I truly appreciate it :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
BBP
This poem had a magical undertone, I like the fact she appreciates the darkness.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much :) I'm happy you liked my poem!
'hauntingly beautiful' to paraphrase a bit. For some reason I picked up something a little other worldly about this encounter, as though your protagonist came down from the heavens A last wish made on the first star. I guess that's just me.
Good write

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

7 Years Ago

That's a good interpretation, Ted! Thank you for reading :)
We tie our dreams to everything with meaning to us... makes it all more "sweet" and sometimes so "devastating".

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

7 Years Ago

So true, Chris!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1377 Views
31 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 15, 2017
Last Updated on February 15, 2017

Author

Giulia King
Giulia King

New York, NY



About
more..

Writing
Ink Ink

A Poem by Giulia King



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


IF IF

A Poem by ReedWrite