The Poet Of Loneliness

The Poet Of Loneliness

A Poem by Giulia King

She was an old soul,
desperately trying to find the meaning of her life. 
She couldn’t decide which world she liked better. 
The one her body was in, 
or the one her mind liked to escape to once in a while.
Like a broken flower, she hides her thorns from the cold world. 
Hoping immensely that there is an end to everything that is draining her spiritually. 
She had a wandering pen and an endless imagination.
Writing gave her a sense of freedom and happiness. 
She was the poet of loneliness.








© 2017 Giulia King


Author's Note

Giulia King
This is not one of my best pieces.. Just a scribble. x

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting piece, it's always fascinating to hear how other writers are feeling.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

7 Years Ago

I think so too. Thank you!
Damn girl. LOL. Sorry, I really liked this piece piece a lot. It's very poignant & it's exactly how I feel, you've captured the emotions perfectly. It's very daunting to feel alone in such a large world. You're writing is awesome, nicely done dear :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

7 Years Ago

I'm happy I'm not the only one feeling like this :) Thank you so much! :)
Kesha

7 Years Ago

You are very welcome :)
Seems genuine and sincere in the emotions you have put forth. The Poet of Loneliness...

Mayhaps this is just a 'scribble" but it is a well-written poem nonetheless. I can see the loneliness as being very poignant and heartfelt. It's a bit sad and bleak but comes from a place of truth, in my honest opinion at least.

I think it's pretty damn good and somewhat refreshing in a certain way. :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

7 Years Ago

It does come from a place of truth. Thank you so much, Kevin! :))
Lovecraft

7 Years Ago

I think I need to throw some onions at Tony Jordan now...

Bye! ;)
Your scribble dear one is a brush stroke of deep felt emotion bringing color to the dismal life. You chose a perfect illustration as well.. so enjoying your creativity

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for this amazing review!! :)
Hi Gullia! I think I started writing from loneliness, then the unrequited love kicked in.

Having an endless imagination is a good thing. I've always loved the gift of writing, and feel no "scribble" should go unnoticed!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

7 Years Ago

Hi, Kelly! Thank you so much for taking your time to read and review this one :) It means a lot to m.. read more
Truth told, at one time or another we all may have a sense of social isolation, especially when more years have gone by than are ahead! And don’t judge yourself too harshly by stating ‘this is not one of your best pieces … just a scribble’, as from little acorns etc … etc … This short write does convey a message of forlorn but also ends on an up beat .. being a poet is in itself a gift! Check out Gertrude Stein (1874–1946) though commercial publishers slighted her experimental writings and critics dismissed them as incomprehensible, Stein's theories did interest some of the most talented writers of the day. Anyway, I liked it …..!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

7 Years Ago

You're right, Phill. I'm pretty hard on myself! Thank you so much, I'll look into it right away :)
I feel these thoughts so often, the existence of wandering alone with words as companions. Your poetry speaks volumes to us all, our journey, our pathway so often unfolding with one set of footprints and yet a thousand shadows beside us.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

7 Years Ago

Lovely review, C! I'm happy, I'm not the only one feeling like this.
What is loneliness? Anomaly, yes, just difference, separation, higher purpose. The escapes? A worm hole only you managed to get through, everyone else is still under a constant twirl, ah, the beauty of silence.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

7 Years Ago

You're absolutely right.
I liked this piece very much. There is an element of loneliness in every poet as we express ourselves through self.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

7 Years Ago

You're right, Andrew :) Thank you for reading!
You've displayed this so realistically, it weds your thoughts very, very cleverly.

Perhaps one sees loneliness as isolation, as it being a follower rather than a leader. But tis not. Heart and mind takes us to strange places at times.. wild thorny places but the ultimate escape surely ends with amazing writing, '.. She had a wandering pen and an endless imagination. Writing gave her a sense of freedom and ~ happiness.'

Posted 7 Years Ago


Giulia King

7 Years Ago

Thank you for this amazing review, Emma! Thank you for taking your time to review it :)
emmajoy

7 Years Ago

You're very welcome. Tis a truth.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1901 Views
50 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 27, 2017
Last Updated on February 28, 2017

Author

Giulia King
Giulia King

New York, NY



About
more..

Writing
Ink Ink

A Poem by Giulia King



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Pebbles Pebbles

A Poem by Valentine