The Present

The Present

A Story by Yina
"

Has a lil romance but nothing graphic or carried away. Hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it!:)

"

 Tracy looked in the mirror at her long blonde hair and thought to herself, I wonder how long it'll grow yet. Maybe I should get it cut.

 She put her hairband in place, put the brush away, and went downstairs, pushing her thoughts to a whole 'nother level.

 I really wonder what Scott has planned, she thought as she straightened her shimmery blue silk dress and snuck one last look in the hall mirror before going to the front window to wait for her surprise-planning boyfriend.

 Just then, Scott's white Hyundai Sonata pulled up her drive. Tracy smiled at herself as she looked at the hall clock . On time, as usual.

 Tracy opened the door just as Scott walked up the front walkway. She smiled at this handsome man she called her own. He was tall, 6'4, and had the amazing look of the Californian surfer he was. Tan, blonde hair,brown eyes, and amazing build from hours of working out and surfing.

 Scott slowly walked up to her with a smile on his face. When he got to her, he kissed her gently and said, " Happy Birthday, Tracy."

 "Why, thank you, kind gentleman," she teased.

 He pulled out a beautiful bouquet of red roses and a neatly wrapped pink present. She smiled and took the offered gifts.

 "Do I open it right here or shall we go inside?"

 "Since it's so nice out, how 'bout we just sit on the porch swing?"

 "Sounds good."

 They sat down and sharder one more kiss before she slowly opened the cover of the pretty pink box.

 Her mouth dropped open in surprise as she saw the contents. He smiled at her 'til he noticed she wasn't smiling back or even looking happy.

 "What's wrong?" He asked.

 She continued to stare at him 'til he finally peeked into the box. His heart stopped.

 In the box was something he had not added.

 Glowing red digits were counting down, 00:49:30....00:49:29....00:49:28....00:49:25...00:49:20....

© 2012 Yina


Author's Note

Yina
What do you think? :)
Should I continue it or leave it hanging?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hahaha how did it get there, right? and what does it mean? you can definitely build stuff from there

Posted 11 Years Ago


Yina

11 Years Ago

You think I should continue it?:)
Ronn Michael Salinas

11 Years Ago

Yes :)
Yina

11 Years Ago

I'm considering it:)
This is really well written great write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh this is good! Please continue!!!

Hmmmm i must say I do love this!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I tried reviewing a while agao, but my writerscafe isn't working.
Really well written. I think if you had more to this in mind, then by all means, write on, but it's also a good ending.

Posted 12 Years Ago


What a great story! I loved it! A shocking cliffhanger....
I'd say that you should try writing an ending for it, and then see if you like it or not before publishing it. It's a wonderful story that I enjoyed immensely, but it's one of those stories that is easily ruined by any ending that isn't absolutely 100% perfect. Write it, and if you don't think it matches up, then leave it hanging. But that's just my opinion, I don't mean to offend you or your writing(which I positively love) in any way. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow, this really leaves you wanting more at the end. Grat job!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


OH MAI GOSH! YOU WRITE STORIES?! WHY HAVEN'T I READ THIS EARLIER? MORE! MORE! 8D MWAHAHA!

Posted 12 Years Ago


O_O

OMW. OMW. WHAT A CLIFFHANGER!

This sounds INTENSE... and a little freaky O_O


Posted 12 Years Ago


wow!!! what a cliffhanger...
well I dunno it would work either way...ending is powerful...
leaves reader wanting to know..

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

575 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 18, 2012
Last Updated on January 18, 2012

Author

Yina
Yina

Canada



About
Howdy:) I'm a 18-year-old girl that... well lets just say, I looked thru some writings posted here at writerscafe an even tho I've never writin any poems or stories or anything, it looks like fun an I.. more..

Writing
Where I Am From Where I Am From

A Poem by Yina


Give A Chance Give A Chance

A Poem by Yina


Diamante Diamante

A Poem by Yina



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Swallow Swallow

A Poem by Poe Redd