Tale of two beds.  A bear of a story

Tale of two beds. A bear of a story

A Story by Hammerschild
"

A children's story about the origin of the teddy bear.

"
Annabelle was a sleepy girl. Not by nature no but because she wasnt sleeping well these days.
Annabelle is convinced that there is a monster under her bed. She swears she can hear it scratching around. Bumping the floor. And one night she really thinks she saw it.
One day she decides to ask her grandmother for help. Her grandmother says " Annabelle, Im sure there is no monster under your bed. " No, Grandma! Im sure there is. It keeps me up half the night scared to go to sleep!"
What do you want to do ? says Gandma. I dont know. Can bosco sleep with me? Annabelle replies.
Annabelle, That old stinky dog isn't sleeping in the house. Maybe I have an Idea. Whos the bravest person you know? ...... Well, Daddy is. says annabelle.
Hmmm...... Whats daddy afraid of? Says Grandma
NOTHING ! Replies Annabelle.
Nothing? Says Grandma. You're sure?
Weeeell..... He did say one time that he was scared of bears. says Annabelle
AAAH ! There we have it. We can make you a special bear to guard you in the night. If someone as brave as your Dad is afraid of bears then some old monster is sure to be scared of a bear. Says Grandma
So, Grandma sets about with old fabrics and stuffing. She makes Annabelle a little stuffed bear.
When she presents the bear to Annabelle. She is not all that impressed.
Hows a monster going to be scared of that,Grandma? She says.
Well, You have to believe, baby girl. Grandma says but there is one thing missing.
This bear has no eyes..... So, we will do this. I will take one blue button of of your dress. And a green button off of my blouse and then it will be special. Special enough to fool and old monster.
Annabelle was reassured of that and with confidence and her new guardian she went off to bed.
She layed down and closed her eyes. She was a little scared but she gripped her new friend tighty. Then drifted off to sleep.

just a little while later. Even though she was to tired to wake up. Something moved under her bed.
A monster was coming out from under her bed. Its little red eyes looking around in the dark.
It peeked over the top of the bed. It sees Annabelle sleeping softly.
Its never been this close before. She usually wakes up and it has to run away.
Just as it lifts its head up over the bed. It hears a deep grumbling growl....
looking up in shock the monster sees a huge bear on the other side of the bed.
Frozen in fear. The monster looks at the bear. Whose eyes are staring right at it. Its fur bristling and it huge teeth bared.
The monster flees under the bed just as the bear roars!!!!!!
The sound of the bear makes the monster run as fast as it can.
All the way home back on its world.
The frightened monster runs into its home crying. Big tears running down its face.
Mamma Mamma !!!! Cries the monster
What is it ? Its mamma says
I got scared by a bear !!! He screams
where did you see a bear?? its mamma asks
uuuum.... Well in a kids room but mamma it wasnt my fault! It says
You know you're not supposed to be going to the other place , Mister!
I know I know, I just wanted to see her and her toys ! Im sorry mamma! Says the little monster.
I'll never do it again! I promise! That bear was gonna eat me ! Ihe cries.

The next day. The little monster was still very afraid.
Mamma? he aks
Yes baby. she replies.
Can those from the other place come here? He asks
No, I dont think so, Why? says mamma
Well, Im so scared that the bear will smell me and come into my room. He says
It had huge pointy teeth and burning blue and green eyes !!!!! He cried staying to tear up again.
well, mamma says. Maybe we can find something to protect you while you sleep.
Whos the bravest person you kniow? She asks
Well, That girl !!!!!!! He exclaims
She sleeps with a bear in her room !
So Mamma went about with old fabric and made him a little Annabelle just as he described her.
The little monster went off to bed knowing no bear would hurt him with her at his side.
The End

© 2016 Hammerschild


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think you have a great concept here, I read your bio too, you've obviously got alot of stories to tell, may I suggest going through and proof reading it, it will make it an easier read and really highlight what you're characters are doing, maybe even use some past tense. But I really like your plotline. Keep writing!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I think you have a great concept here, I read your bio too, you've obviously got alot of stories to tell, may I suggest going through and proof reading it, it will make it an easier read and really highlight what you're characters are doing, maybe even use some past tense. But I really like your plotline. Keep writing!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
1 Review
Added on August 21, 2016
Last Updated on August 21, 2016
Tags: Monster, teddy bear, fear, point of view, misconception

Author

Hammerschild
Hammerschild

CROSBY, TX



About
Hello, I am a professional sailor ( Merchant marine not Navy). I have traveled all over the world and wrote down my thoughts and observations as i went. Mostly poems and just short musings. My family .. more..

Writing
Brewer Brewer

A Poem by Hammerschild





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5