Through the eyes of the shadows

Through the eyes of the shadows

A Story by Holly Mason

                        THROUGH THE EYES OF THE SHADOWS
                      There she is, the beauty .He loses his breath.She is walking by, her smell is inviting to him.She doesn't know it but she has just been chosen.He watches as she gets in her car.Concentrating on any number, any small thing, her type of shoe, her hair, anything. Her smell is embedded in his mind.She is a dead girl walking.Leaving no trail he heads to his own car a smirk on his lips.His choice excites him. He is already alone in his dark room ,his special place with her.She is perfect from  her hair, her walk, that shimmer,to the special glow.Just like his dreams.He has tried to meet others but they never measure up.This one will ,he knows it.Alone,dark,cold,and scared.Yes, he thinks ,yes.
                      Her name is Brandy Lewshaw.She is a 23 year old military wife.They have a two year old daughter a small ranch house,about two acres in the heart of nowhere and not much else.She works out at the local gym,takes good care of their child,has dreams of becoming a teacher and attends Sunday service.But she is beautiful.Everything he is looking for.Everything he needs.
                     He is laying in bed thinking of her.Planning the Take he has been planning this for years.The dark room is ready,he has stashed money,he has bought the extra food,purchased clothing,all the necessities needed.He is excited, he is lurking around her in his mind.He hasn't been this happy in so long.The smirk his smirk is planted on his face.Now his mother will be with him again.The plan will start soon.
                     First ,the watch.Where is she going,when is she alone?When is she at her weakest moment?He knows to watch everything. It is all important nothing can be missed or misplaced. Nothing.He is writing it all down like a good soldier. A clear view of the world kind of soldier.He is noting the locations,times,and all the while he is smelling her smell ,thinking of her as his.He is growing angry now.It is time.
                    Brandy is at the gym on Mondays and Thursdays.This he already knows.She parks in the back.The very back.She is alone,weak ,easy to Take.Today is a sunny pleasant day.Today was her nieces birthday.Today she was yanked,pulled,suffocated,and Taken.He is smirking again, smirking the smirk of the Taker.So easy this was, so easy.
                   He has left no trace, no evidence ,not a single fiber.This plan was his masterpiece.Now she was his.His new puppet.His perfect toy.He enters the dark room.Through two doors and down stairs.Into the world of his mind.He is peaceful, relaxed ,purring at his great Take.He will bring her down now ,down into the dark.
                    She squints her eyes. Blinking in the light then gone.Darkness, she is dragged into darkness.No noise.Just darkness.She claws at something.It is holding her arm.Scratching ,pulling it will not let go.It is cold here.Where is she?What is going on?No voice comes out. She is pushing it but it will not come out.The thing is pulling tighter ,her feet are moving.Still, nothing moving.Then she is pushed through a door.Into a room, a dimly lit room.There is a bed, a toilet,and sofa.Nothing else.A hand over her mouth she is screaming.Then nothing,blank.
                    He has shown her his hard work.He has seen the happiness behind her eyes.She is so perfect, so right.She will sleep for many hours now.Heading up stairs he relishes the thought of his time.His time with her, alone with her, in the dark.For now he must finish his life.His everyday life.Calling his job was easy. He is on leave for six weeks.It is the other things that he has to take care of.Staying clear, out of the lime light.Brandy has a family one that will miss her.But they will not see the genus that he is.They will never decipher his hard work.He will never be caught.
                    Something is shaking her.Shaking her hard.She strains to open an eye.She sees his face, a smirk is there.Screaming ,screaming.He is stretched across her.She is scared.He tells her something.He tells her to be quiet,it is all blurry.He slaps her.She is quiet.Shifting she moves her body.It is so heavy ,so sore.Quiet now Brandy, she thinks.He is reaching behind her for something.She starts screaming again. His hand is touching her back.The lights go out.The dark will be a curtain for him.It will protect him from the place he doesn't want to see.She is safe for now it is not time yet.He leaves and she knows nothing will ever be the same again.
                   The news is on all over the place "Where is Brandy Lewshaw?"The question of the hour it seems.He feels his glory, his retribution, his pay back, from a world that didn't deserve a man like him.Media will be his biggest poison.He will drink in his glory from the Take.His everlasting wishes were all coming true.He has to go tell mom.She will be his biggest fan of course.She will also celebrate his glory.Heading down the road he thinks of his mother and the day she was laid to rest.It was the worst, she was everything to him.To much most thought.She was his whisper,his prayer,his teacher.He will pass the gym on the way.Chaos ,nothing but chaos.They will never find him.They have already made grave mistakes.She is waiting for him.She is at home ,trapped ,waiting for him.
                    Awake, she surveys her quarters.The room is now lit up.Noting the placement of every item.She wonders what is going to happen?Tears are falling slowly down her cheeks.A noise from upstairs.She catches her breath.Deep inhale, slow exhale, in ,out.Calm now girl, do not upset him, she thinks.Some one is at the door. No, do not come back in.Click lights go out.His eternal darkness surrounds her once again.She feels pressure on her legs.He is pulling her off the bed.Crash to the floor, she hits hard.Screaming, she kicks.He slaps her this time her head hits the floor.She will not awaken in the same place.Her moments to save herself have passed.He has made a choice.His mother does not like her.
                   After all he went through, after all his hard work.Mother doesn't like her.Mother knows what is good for him.How will he get rid of her?How will this end?He has a plan for the Drop.He will kill her, but not without pain.She is not good.His mother says so.The cemetery is the right place.No one will ever know.He will do it immediately, she has to go before she taints him.He is smirking again like always .When his twisted thoughts grow to his liking.He will enjoy this.He will cherish every drop of blood ,every last breath,for he will do this slow and there will be many last breaths.He thinks of her crying and how good it will feel to make a disgusting girl like her cry.
               She hears something.It is different then before.He feels different when he grabs her.He turns on the lights.She sees his face.It is the coldest face she will ever see.Eyes are dead and brown,hair is matted and dirty,he is middle aged and it shows.She screams.He hits harder then he ever has before.He swings without caring.She can't move.He grabs a rope.Let the suffering stop.Make it stop, God please.Quiet, her body goes quiet.
                 He brushes the hair off her face.She is gone now but the Drop is still not completed.He waits for night to come.Leaving his house with her in the trunk has already started to cleanse him.She was bad, really, really, bad.She would of taken all his money,lied to him,hurt him, his mother said so.So now, she got what she deserved.Now to finish the Drop.His mothers grave was easy to dig.He had it all prepared.Down,slap,Brandy's body hits his mothers casket.He begins to shovel, a smirk on his face,sleep well you dirty girl,mommy will take care of you.He finishes,replaces the top with new flowers.He has dug the top of his mothers site and replanted every four months since she died.They will notice nothing out of the ordinary, nothing.The Drop is complete.
                  He knew he was right, it is two years later and he has never and will never be caught.He is quiet, to himself,letting no one in.It is time again. Try to find one that will be perfect, one his mother will like.She walks out, her smell is captivating.He smirks as he thinks that she is his and he is hers.The Take will happen soon.

© 2013 Holly Mason


Author's Note

Holly Mason
trash it ,like it ,I had to try it
thank you now for reading
fix any grammar and punctuation please

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Having read the very first paragraph, I already knew where you were going with the story. Thus, I would suggest revising the introduction. Give me a mystery. I want to understand the story, yet perplexed. Grab my attention without giving me all the details. By giving your hand away too early, I was left rather uninterested in the rest of the development because I had already assumed that the narrative was of a serial killer. Also, from a more grammatical standpoint, you need to incorporate the use of the semi colon.

Here are some examples.

I went to the store, running away from the beast.
I went to the store; running away from the beast.

Use the semi-colon when the following information is not necessary to the sentence and is a different thought.

Very interesting thoughts! I love writers like you who are brave and explore dark subjects! I would be interested in reading other stories from such a similar mind!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Holly Mason

11 Years Ago

I am so glad to hear from anyone who read this...
I like the concepts that you have offered..... read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

250 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 17, 2013
Last Updated on February 17, 2013

Author

Holly Mason
Holly Mason

Rockledge, FL



About
Well now , so many words to write. So let’s write em . Xoxox Holly I would like to acknowledge my wonderful teenage ( she is now 24 ) daughter..she has takin all the photos I use.She has c.. more..

Writing
Luster Luster

A Poem by Holly Mason


lonely lonely

A Poem by Holly Mason