Tick Tack

Tick Tack

A Story by Henrique Kasai

Stirred like a dead body she tried to sleep, the insomnia had eaten her regularity. Her wristwatch ticked each two seconds, intertwined with a tack each two seconds as well. The silence was dreadful but the tick tack was as loud as bullets piercing her ears.

Everything would be okay if it was just the noise, however, each second she felt older and older. She felt her skin withering, her bones crakling and her mind fading. All an illusion, all in a matter of five seconds.

The tought had scared her a little so she got up and went for a cup of water. The way to the kitchen was pretty far and dark, the chills of the winter made she think about the past, an old friend whose face didn't actually come to mind, just the impression. The water sipped through her throat smoothly, smoothing the strange taste she had in her mouth.

Another marathon to get back to bed and as she drew closer the tick tacks began. The noise increased each step, making her hesitant. A thought of sleeping in the hallway passed trough her mind, quickly passed on, it was too cold and hard.

Finally she reached the bed, exhausted from the journey, her eyes were wide open by thoughts about three decades of life. Stupid thoughts haunted her mind, death, sickness, loneliness; she reached for some sleep pills, chugged them down as they were tictacs and waited. 10 minutes, 20 minutes. Nothing.

The desperation was too much, in an impetus she rose and walked towards her windshield. The night breeze was soothing and appealing. Reaching more of it she climbed border, and stayed there, put like an owl. And dived the air like one.

Free falling she slept halfway, her eyes shut in an eternal moment, a faint smile could be seen in her face. Floor.

A little dizzy she found herself kissing the floor board. Her bed was 20" high and the fall wasn't enough to kill her, just enough to make her nose hurt and to wake her up for work.

© 2012 Henrique Kasai


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
Added on August 23, 2012
Last Updated on August 23, 2012
Tags: time, life, chronic, short story, sleep, insomnia, psychological

Author

Henrique Kasai
Henrique Kasai

Parana, Brazil



About
Everything is devoured, from dusk to dawn I aimlessly write stuff, not a better word can replace stuff in such context. Because stuff will be devoured, eventually I as well, the point is, will I devou.. more..

Writing
Passos Passos

A Story by Henrique Kasai