Happiness is overrated

Happiness is overrated

A Story by Henrique Kasai
"

Quick brainstorm about happiness

"
B******s! How can they display such white smiles while I'm sulking in depression here? They take their lives so care-freely almost like those morbid life insurance propagandas, it must be so nice to jog in a beautiful green carpet with a golden retriever by your side. They're happy, shallow and, most of the times, unaware of it all.

To illustrate my point let me give you an example. Try to feel your guts. Your lungs, stomach, bones and muscles. Well, if you think a little bit you'll reach the conclusion that you can't feel them nor can you localize them. So, why bother if there's nothing wrong?

Humanity always faced problems, never we gave thought to plenitude and that's why happy, carefree people will forever stay in mediocrity. Let's not radicalize and define people in two totally separated groups �"the totally fucked people and the jersey shore life like people�" it's better to think in the everyday. The boy that never saw a screwdriver and the girl who always had a maid. Those are two of the most prosaic examples I can give, illustrating how the lack of stimulus will affect lives in the near future, probably creating individuals who won't ever meet humility or manual prowess.

Ok, those were some physical examples, but what really concerns nowadays is the lack of mental stimulus. More and more I see those toothpaste commercial like smile and also the "I wear ray ban wayfarer and you have to dodge me because I'm tweeting bullshit in my iPhone", despite being a really long definition you can verify that everywhere. The later ones I here demonstrated are by far the worst. It's okay to live by the rule: "Igorance is bliss", at least you're blissful and, mostly, educated; sometimes your good humor is a good aura.

But if you're one of those who look with dead fish eyes barely paying any attention to people, well, I'm compelled to say that you're ridiculous. It's not just being stupid and empty headed, the lack of respect, self-respect, willpower and consideration makes you less than a piece of s**t ran over by a Lada. And don't you dare looking at me with condescending eyes, I swear I'll rip them from your face and pour them to you in a martini �"that's because I'm a refined b*****d.

Resuming: if there's nothing wrong there's nothing to think about. By the way, have you ever heard of a genuinely happy famous writer? �"please exclude recipe books- Well, neither have I. And that's because they have agony, from Latin: that which wasn't born. They feel privation, emptiness and that is their target for research and deep thinking. Putting it in a nice metaphor, the most beautiful flower is grown in the best pile of s**t.

Happiness is overrated.

© 2012 Henrique Kasai


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

317 Views
Added on October 19, 2012
Last Updated on October 19, 2012
Tags: happiness, truth, insight, shallow, critic, psicological, behavior

Author

Henrique Kasai
Henrique Kasai

Parana, Brazil



About
Everything is devoured, from dusk to dawn I aimlessly write stuff, not a better word can replace stuff in such context. Because stuff will be devoured, eventually I as well, the point is, will I devou.. more..

Writing
Passos Passos

A Story by Henrique Kasai