Envy the Sky

Envy the Sky

A Story by Henrique Kasai

Traveling induces thought, that's a given, maybe the physical movement kick starts sets the motion in the minds gear. A weird feeling takes place somewhere between sadness and hopeful expectation. The feelings also change according to the kind of transport you're taking.

When you're road trippin' the feelings are more adventurous, perhaps even one of love and companionship. By plane you feel the blues, sky itself instigates self-awareness be it a cotton candy fabric or a crushing blue ocean, you can't help but feeling small. And there is the bus, the most depressing thought indulging way to go, real epiphanies happen there, the time, the oscillation, the smells, they all take down your reason and psychological defenses.

The sky inspires the most beautiful thoughts but also those which brings great grief, love, which I won't even detail, freedom and solitude. Maybe words can not express what I feel right now perhaps disappointment toward myself.

Sometimes this way of life really takes it's toll. Negating yourself from feelings, only this way you can be impartial when dealing with such topic. Of course the dryness you end up in eventually makes you weird, but that is only collateral damage, the real deal is the lack of capacity to bond.

Damn you unending sky, I bow before your greatness and I envy your serenity, only disturbed by the even more beautiful storms. If only I could join you I could maybe find peace, static peace, but I can't, some bonds at the earth can't be broken. That's why I'll struggle as another one, I'll make my own sky in her arms and I'll strive. When all bonds get severed by the time I'll ascend not as an angel or in any religious connotation, only as energy I'll arise and you, dear sky, will envy me.

© 2013 Henrique Kasai


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
Added on September 10, 2013
Last Updated on September 10, 2013
Tags: sky, thoughts, trip, plenitude, detachment, improvement, reflexion

Author

Henrique Kasai
Henrique Kasai

Parana, Brazil



About
Everything is devoured, from dusk to dawn I aimlessly write stuff, not a better word can replace stuff in such context. Because stuff will be devoured, eventually I as well, the point is, will I devou.. more..

Writing
Passos Passos

A Story by Henrique Kasai