can't give away.

can't give away.

A Poem by Daughter of Darkness
"

My rape.

"
As a little girl
I was raped
I didn't know much about it
As I was six
But I knew
He had a knife
And a gun
And that it hurt.
It scared me.
I cried.
As I got older
I more understood.
He took away a gift
That I can't give away
What other girls can.
I now understand
That he should be
In jail.
And that
I feel
Disgusted
With myself
For letting it happen
That I will never feel good
And not worthless
And not walk the halls in shame
For he took a gift
I now can't give away.

© 2015 Daughter of Darkness


Author's Note

Daughter of Darkness
This is really personal. But please review.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you so much for sharing. I love all of what I have read. You write raw truths and make emotions stand at attention. This is what I think poetry should be. It communicates feeling to the reader. I read a few poems by Emily Dickinson today and found them meaningless but beautifully constructed, which made them equally irrelevant. Her poems are like an oyster. You have to work to get to the prize but often there is no pearl to be found. Your poetry is the pearl, shed of all obstacles.
Happy people do not make great art. We are sensitive and in-tune with existence and don't have the luxury to just go about our day like the world is balanced and running smoothly. We do not have the luxury to ignore the weeping sorrow surrounding the world around us. Our outlet, the pressure relief valve that keeps us alive is our self expression through our art. Art saves lives. Without it, i'd be just a memory. Stay strong and never forget that you are the Prima Ballerina in the ballet of your life.

Posted 8 Years Ago


It really happened..you are really strong to talk about it...i wish such people could be send behind bars without any delay...it not only hurts the victim but also deny justice n society suffers a lot through it..

Regards
Raj

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It is difficult to review something so personal, dear poet.
It wavers upon a narrow line between art and tragedy. How does one review a tragedy?

Posted 8 Years Ago


Misery

8 Years Ago

I am not sure either, but I am very sorry for the pain you have endured.
Daughter of Darkness

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much
Misery

8 Years Ago

You are welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

276 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 22, 2015
Last Updated on June 22, 2015
Tags: rape

Author

Daughter of Darkness
Daughter of Darkness

Westminster , SC



About
I'm a mess. That's the best summary of me there is. I'm a fu**** up mess. I'm 15 ( ok,ok, I'm 14 but I will be 15 SOON )and I've already had many failed suicide attempts. I self harm. I wish I could s.. more..

Writing