Chapter 1: Confronting the Truths

Chapter 1: Confronting the Truths

A Chapter by Haley Hisel

I was kidnapped when I was 3 not knowing not to go with them I was unaware that this person was not family till I was about 10. When I found out that I had been kidnapped I confronted my so called "Dad" but in return I got kicked in the stomach.

 

I fell down curling over on the floor when he said, "I've given you a good life to live… a better one than you would have had with them" He bent down and whispered, "don’t forget that, Maiyuki! (my "sister") come down here please!"

 

She gasped when she appeared at the top of the stairs probably at my appearance because then she said "Oh my gosh Mica! (Me- Ca) What did you do?" changing her attention to him.

 

He replied ignoring her question , "I want you to escort your sister to her room she'll be there for awhile." She came swiftly down the stairs and helped me to my feet and helped me to my room where I laid there no caring about the world around me anymore.

 

 I'm 12 now I've tried to escape a few times but every time I was caught before I could walk out the door till one day I walked around the house the door bell rang and I was right there so I answered it. To my surprise it was a cop they grabbed my wrist and pulled me through the door and slammed me on the concrete steps I screamed and then my dad appeared and beat the crap out of him while I sat there crying and gasping when he was done he left him there and picked me up and carried me inside and laid me on the couch where I whimpered from pain and fear.

 

He sat by me and asked, "What were you thinking you could have gotten killed!"

 

"What do you mean?" I asked weakly.

 

"Don’t do that again you had me worried."

 

Just then the door swung open and a man with a ski mask came walking in he looked straight at me, walk over to my father and punched him out sitting in his place he took my hands and placed them on his lap "well hello there" he said in a soft tone but before I could reply my hands were tied and duck tape over my mouth. I tried to scream but it didn’t work the man grabbed my arm pulling me off the couch dragging me to the door way where I felt a sharp pain in my side and everything went black.

 

I woke up chained to a operating table with sharp objects all around me I tried to scream again but nothing came out I had somehow lost my voice in that time. The Man with the ski mask appeared again followed by two others but their faces were all blurry. The man approached me and sat down in the chair next to me he grabbed a sharp knife from a little table and poked my arm. Then I started to get woozy which didn’t happen a lot and fainted.

 

I woke up in a cold sweat. I huddled in my skin and dropped deeper under the blanket which must have been put over me last night. When I finally told myself it was ok to get up I went and took a shower. When I was finished I looked in the mirror and saw my eyes were bloody red not the normal clear blue anymore I rubbed my eyes thinking it might just be my imagination but it stayed there I gave up and got dressed and started to go down stairs.

 

At the bottom was my dad he looked at me concerned and asked, "are you ok?"

 

Looking away I said, "I'm fine."

 

"Look at me", he persisted.

 

By this time I was almost down the stairs I decided to turn around but he caught my wrist and pulled me into him. He looked at me and gasped and said, "It's happening."

 

"What's happening?," I asked scared.

 

"Come with me," he commanded pulling on my wrist so hard he was practically dragging me.

 

"Ow! Let go that hurts!"

 

"Be quiet and just walk."

 

I stayed silent till we reached the basement door, I had never been allowed to go in there before so I asked, "What are we doing?"

 

He didn’t respond with words but instead he opened the door and threw me by my wrist on to the stairs that led to the bottom. I screamed but he just shut the door from inside I could hear keys locking the door. I sat there crying for a minute in sheer darkness. Finally I decided that I should look for the light I slowly walked down the stairs my hand on the wall all the way down to the bottom when I reached the bottom I tripped over something hard.

 

I shook off the pain and continued to search for the light when I finally decided to give up the door at the top of the stairs opened and my father walked through carrying a bag and a flashlight when he reached the bottom he found the light switch and turned it on then he reached in the bag and pulled out a little box of something. He reached in and pulled out a pill. He handed it to me and said, "when you find yourself in trouble eat this," and then he walked back up the stairs and out the door where I heard keys locking the door again.

 

I put the pill in my pocket and then I decided to find what I had tripped over, when I found the spot It looked like a brick. I picked it up and looked around there was a mirror close to the wall. I looked at the mirror and noticed my hair was red with blonde in it. Then I looked at the brick then the mirror and then at my feet. I got angrier and angrier ever minute, I grabbed the brick hard in my hand and threw in at the mirror. When the mirror shattered I realized it wasn’t a mirror it was a door that had a mirror on the front.

 

I ran toward it and looked inside then I slowly walked in. I continued walking down the long hallway till I heard something behind me I flipped around, Where I found nothing. When I turn back around there was this big monster like creature right in front of me about to attack me. I screamed hopelessly as the thing grabbed me by the neck and flung me toward the wall. I screamed again but in pain this time as the thing marched toward me I tried to crawl away but the thing caught me again. It picked me up and threw me to the floor. I was screaming and crying as I continued getting killed when I remembered the pill.

 

The next time I impacted with the floor I reached in my pocket and pulled out the pill. I swallowed as fast as I could as the thing came toward me for the last time. I blinked and my eyes turned black and so did my hair I yelled in a langue I didn’t know, "See ma kin foe !" I put my hands on my shoulders and ran them down my arms when my hands met two swords came and formed from nothing.

 

I charged at it striking it in its back and ripping my sword out sideways making it scream a ear numbing scream I ignored it as I slit its throat and slammed my foot in to its leg. I had forgot about all my pains till I was sure it was dead and limped over to the wall where I collapsed and whispered to myself, " At least I killed it now nobody else will get hurt even if this is the end for me…" As I began to fall unconscious I heard familiar footsteps coming closer but yet they seemed so far away. I blink again and then sleep took me.

 

I began to flash in and out of consciousness every time I heard voices yelling, a girl crying and something else like a screeching. After this went on for awhile I finally woke up for awhile I spoke and said, "What's going on?"

 

I must have startled everybody because everything went quiet then, my dad spoke, "your awake?"

 

"Yes, but my head is killing me," I responded wincing trying to sit up, but I was pushed back down softly.

 

"Lay down and rest, you've been hurt badly," he said slightly smiling a concerning but happy smile. So I submitted, laid back down and drifted back into sleep.

 

When I woke the next time it was dark, I felt a little better so I got up to go to the bath room. When I looked in the mirror nausea swept over me. I looked horrible I had a split lip, a black eye, and my hair was blond with red, light blue, pink, and a couple brown streaks in it. But my eyes were what were the scariest of all, the whites of my eyes were blood red while the color was as black as my pupil. I yelled and tripped backward into the wall, when my dad came to help I just looked at him with wide eyes and asked in a shaky voice, " W-what's happening t-to m-m-me?"

 

"Mica please calm down," he said ignoring my question.

 

"CALM DOWN! I'M AS CALM AS I'LL EVER BE!," I yelled back as the colors in my hair turn quickly to just red and blonde, while I sat there shaking, "TELL ME!"

 

"Your well a… well different, that’s why you live here now , why you’ve lived here the last nine years."

 

"Different? I figured that out a long time ago, so you're telling me that you go and KIDNAP any 'DIFFERENT' 3 year old well I don’t see any more so that must not be it, TELL ME THE TRUTH!,"Saying those words with so much venom he flinched. 

 

"You were chosen, you carry the power of Edina in you, that is why I took you because if I would have left you there you would have been tortured and have so many test ran on you. Me taking you was best for you and your power."

 

"So my powers are finally surfacing?," I asked more worried than mad now.

 

"Yes, many more monsters like that will come and attack you. You must be ready to face and kill them, which each battle you will learn but you must be self taught, I cannot teach you anything but the basics," he said that extending his hand to me. I took it without hesitation then he said, "let's get started then."

 

After six months of hard extensive basic training I was attack two times before I decided to leave, ruling that I was putting everyone in danger. I was almost 14 when I had everyone gather down in the central hall and I announced my parting my dad almost tried to stop me but I reminded him of who taught me and that was him.

 

So I took my one bag I had and put it over my shoulder, walking out that door for the first time since I was ten I breathed in deep, turned around and waved as I disappeared down the road.



© 2010 Haley Hisel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is really nice. and this rating has to have at least 25 characters so here they are.

Posted 8 Years Ago


an incredibly intense beginning, i was drawn in at the first line. a slight bit confusing and rapid at parts but a fairly good pace bringing the plot forward. great write, dont stop.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

598 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 18, 2010
Last Updated on December 26, 2010


Author

Haley Hisel
Haley Hisel

No-wheres-ville , WA



About
Hi I'm a girl who loves to write. I write poems to short stories to skits for drama class. I love watching anime and reading manga. I'm not the happiest person in the world but ill make it through. I .. more..

Writing
Insane? Insane?

A Stage Play by Haley Hisel


LIFE LIFE

A Poem by Haley Hisel