Insane?

Insane?

A Stage Play by Haley Hisel
"

Morgan is Put into a Insane Asylum because her overprotective father found he bleeding from self inflicted wounds. But A little romance never hurt anyone.

"

Scene 1: Morgan with John at the front of the asylum, white building.

John: (Grabs Morgan’s arm) you know I wouldn’t do this if you didn’t need it…

Morgan: (Pulls arm away) don’t touch me, you’re a liar. You’re no father of mine. You’re a doctor here; you could have just helped me at home! 

John: But this way all the equipment is here.

Morgan: Watch I’m going to be in even more danger! Don’t you care about that?!

John: All of the other doctors and myself are here, you won’t get hurt.

Morgan: But there’s still a chance! And it’s your entire fault!

John: (Grabs her arm again but harder this time) Come on, we need to go inside.

Morgan: (struggles to get away) Let me go!!

John: I’m so sorry sweetie

(Morgan stumbles to keep up but keeps silent)

(Scene 2: Set fades to black and comes back in with back drop as a white wall and one window with bars over the window)

John: (Pushes Morgan in there) Get in there

Morgan: I hate you! Leave me alone!

John: Gladly (closes the door and locks it)

Morgan: (beats on the door with fists) Let me out! I’m not a crazy person! I don’t deserve to be in here! (Finally gives up and leans back against the door and slides to the floor crying doesn’t realize when John comes back and unlocks it)

(Naira enters stage left and comes over to the door and knocks on it lightly)

Morgan: Please just leave me alone…

Naira: Hello? I’m sorry to bother you but they sent me here they said you’d be my new roommate or something? It’s getting crowed here.

Morgan: Oh… (Gets off the door and goes and lays on the bed)

Naira: Thanks (opens the door and walks in)

Morgan: wait… how did you get in without a key?

Naira: (hesitates and stutters) I-it was open

Morgan: oh ok, well the other bed is over there, there’s a trunk at the end to put your stuff in if you want

Naira: (laughs) I know, I’ve been here longer then you and I just transferred rooms

Morgan: ok I get it now

Naira: (plops down on her bed) yeah, so if you don’t mind me asking, what are you in here for?

Morgan: My dad…

Naira: huh? What’s that suppose to mean?

Morgan: My dad works here… Dr. Okanashi

Naira: oh him?! Dude, he’s so nice

Morgan: (glares at her) if he was nice I wouldn’t be here. 

Naira: why did he put you in here though?

Morgan: My boyfriend cheated on me, I found out on our anniversary, I thought I loved him. I thought he loved me…

Naira: Continue

Morgan: So I cut my wrists open, trying to kill myself. I would have bled out and got my wish if my dad hadn’t came home early, he found me on the floor in my bathroom in a puddle of my own blood, there was blood everywhere. We talked a little bit about it but I wouldn’t tell him everything, so he sent me here. He thought it would be best because then he could watch over me non-stop…

Naira: Oh, I see I’m sorry to hear that, you seem like a really nice girl.

Morgan: Thanks, so what about you?

Naira: me? Nothing big like that I just have depression

Morgan: Really that’s all?

Naira: Yeah, and well my mom hates me and since she has the money this was her way to get rid of me.

Morgan: oh sorry about her

Naira: Nah, its fine I’ve gotten used to her never being there

Morgan: so can we be friends?

Naira: I thought we already were.

Morgan: Thanks again

Naira: No problem, come on I’ll introduce you to some people

Morgan: OK (follows her off stage to the left)

(Scene 3: Stage fades again and come back in with a room with a table as the back drop, with two actual tables in the middle of the room, kids sitting around one of them, and a lone kid at the other)

Naira: Hey guys this is Morgan

Morgan: Hi (waves at them)

Tanner: Hey new girl, Naira sit here. (Gestures to the spot next to him)

(Naira sits down next to him and Morgan turns to the loner kid)

Morgan: (points to him) who’s that?

Naira: Don’t mess with him… he’s messed up…

Morgan: Why? What’s wrong with him?

Tanner: The kids a creep, his names Noah, He has Necrophilia, Schizophrenia, and he’s bi-polar.

Morgan: oh… well he looks lonely; I’m going to go talk to him.

Tanner: if you wind up dead don’t come crying to me

(Morgan walks over to Noah and pulls out a chair and sits down across from him)

Morgan: Hey!

Noah: Hi?

Morgan: My names Morgan

Noah: Oh new girl, hi my names Noah, most people tend to stay away from me, because I have necrophilia, schizophrenia, and bi-polar, yeah I know it’s weird

Morgan: we’re all weird in here

Noah: I guess, so what are you in here for?

Morgan: Suicide, which as you can see didn’t work

Noah: ah, well you’re a really nice person and I don’t want to see you try that again, you’re like the first person that’s talked to me since I was admitted

Morgan: Well with being in here and my dad working here, I don’t think I’ll have the chance to

Noah: Oh your dad works here?

Morgan: Yeah… Dr. Okanashi…

Noah: (face goes hard) him… I hate him…

Morgan: Yeah, I’m not pleased with him either…

(Noah looks up at the clock)

Noah: Its getting kind of late about ten minutes till dinner time, will you sit with me?

Morgan: I don’t like seeing people lonely and you’re a nice guy, not like everyone thinks. Of course I’ll sit with you.

Noah: thanks Morgan

Morgan: (playfully punches his arm) No problem buddy (Both start laughing)

Noah: You’re funny

Morgan: so are you (looks back behind her and sees everyone staring at them) I think we’re drawing to much attention (puts hand over one cheek as if she were blushing)

Noah: oh well, let them stare at a beautiful girl

Morgan: Aw that’s sweet! Thanks

Noah: You’re very welcome

(John enters from right)

John: Dinner time!

Morgan: Hey I have an idea

Noah: what?

Morgan: hold my hand as we walk out of here

Noah: Why?

Morgan: Because (points to John)

Noah: Oh my God that’s perfect

Morgan: I know right? Come on. (Both stand up and Noah grabs Morgan’s hand and pulls her into him wrapping one arm around her shoulder, both smirking, trying not to giggle as they walk off stage to the left)

John: MORGAN?! (Stands there in shock along with Tanner and Naira)

Naira: Aw that’s cute (skips off stage to the left Tanner following behind her quickly)

(Stage fades again with John still standing there)

 

© 2011 Haley Hisel


Author's Note

Haley Hisel
Its not completely finished, I had to write this for my drama class. I got a full score A on it XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Reviews

Its nice really nice. Its funny too. :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

427 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 8, 2011
Last Updated on April 8, 2011

Author

Haley Hisel
Haley Hisel

No-wheres-ville , WA



About
Hi I'm a girl who loves to write. I write poems to short stories to skits for drama class. I love watching anime and reading manga. I'm not the happiest person in the world but ill make it through. I .. more..

Writing
LIFE LIFE

A Poem by Haley Hisel