Hope and Misery

Hope and Misery

A Story by Haley

Misery loves company, we’ve all heard it. But what exactly is this notorious entity that accompanies us in our most wretched states of being?

What’s more cruel? Prolonged, torturous hope that inevitably breeds the pain eternally or brutal, blatant misery that never once cloaked itself in a thick fiber of hope? In other words, do these two concepts walk hand-in-hand?

You can have one without the other, sure, but it’s often overlooked that there’s a special kind of agony in simply hoping for the best, is there not?

© 2018 Haley


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is hard once your words take hold to not contemplate the layers of questions you pose. And the questions are met with yet more. This is a pleasure to read. Well done Haley!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Haley

6 Years Ago

thank you
You are right Haley.
"Misery loves company, we’ve all heard it. But what exactly is this notorious entity that accompanies us in our most wretched states of being?"
The above lines is needed. Bad days make the good days better. No struggle usually mean no life. Thank you for sharing your amazing words and thoughts. I enjoyed your work today. Please send read request. I would like to read more of your work.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


I like the extra addition of depth you've provided of hopeful misery through the use of this font. It encourages to answer the questions and even compel more ideas...Great read!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Haley

6 Years Ago

much appreciated, thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

328 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 27, 2018
Last Updated on March 27, 2018
Tags: misery, life, introspective, hope

Author

Haley
Haley

Lawrence, KS



About
Nothing short of a paradox. more..

Writing
Say Anything Say Anything

A Poem by Haley


[Anti] Social Media [Anti] Social Media

A Chapter by Haley


Guns, Guns, Guns Guns, Guns, Guns

A Chapter by Haley